Gucci wallet vs LV wallet

nuhtalie

Mar 5, 2011
Just wondering, how many of you would prefer a LV wallet over a Gucci wallet (preferably the leather material ones)
Im contemplating between a few of the Gucci long continental wallets over LV international wallet.
However Im leaning towards Gucci because i feel its more exclusive as LV theres only very few models to really pick from. Also Gucci is cheaper :graucho:
I already own a Gucci mini flap wallet, but i feel the quality of the leather deteriorates abit too easily but it could just be an exception because mine is in light pink...
any other owners of gucci wallets care to share how their wallets hold up over time?

I have both and feel the gucci leather is of good quality too. I can't say one is better than the other though, i do not use my gucci's anymore but not due to quality, just preference.

Can someone show us some number here. I'm thinking about getting the multicolored wallet sometime down the road, and I don't mind the prints chipping a bit. If used every day, how long would an LV coated canvas wallet last?

I have both, but don't have them in leather and haven't had either long enough to judge longevity. However, even though I LOVE my 2 LV Sarahs, I really love my Gucci more because of the shape of the insides. But have fun with your choice!!! :biggrin:

I can't comment on the quality of Gucci wallet but the one Gucci bag I own has not held up well and I use it very rarely. My LV Sarah still looks brand new after 2 years of daily use.

I can't comment on the quality of Gucci wallet but the one Gucci bag I own has not held up well and I use it very rarely. My LV Sarah still looks brand new after 2 years of daily use.

a little off topic with LV but...May i ask which gucci bag u purchased? I have two of their totes the ones in their travel/business line that looks abit like the neverfull, and the corners dont hold up well. However my boston joy bag is holding up well after two years so im happy with it. I always wonder if gucci bags/wallets in general just dont hold up well

I own two Gucci continental wallets (the D gold ring in canvas GG and Babouska in patent leather) and have had them for a few years now. I especially use the D gold ring quite often and have held up really well. No scratches or frays.

Now having said that, I am looking to also buy an LV wallet, not to replace the Gucci but just to add.

Don't know if that helps you any

Well, I keep hearing that the quality of LV wallets is absolutely fantastic, but my ten-month old LV wallet is currently being examined by their quality control department for the second time, after the glazing split in the same place I had it repaired when it first split open eight months ago. I've never had any quality issues with any other LV products so I find this extremely disappointing. I was without it for four weeks the first time, it has been with them this time for a week and a half (and I still haven't heard from them regarding their solution to the problem). I will be even more disappointed if they don't offer me a new one.

Never had any issues with my one Gucci bag, either. I find it to be very well made, and if I were to be thinking about buying a Gucci wallet I wouldn't hesitate. The quality of LV's wallets in particular remains to be seen, in my experience. Sorry that this doesn't help much with your question!

I own two Gucci continental wallets (the D gold ring in canvas GG and Babouska in patent leather) and have had them for a few years now. I especially use the D gold ring quite often and have held up really well. No scratches or frays.

Now having said that, I am looking to also buy an LV wallet, not to replace the Gucci but just to add.

Don't know if that helps you any

thank u that does help! Im looking into the leather continential wallets so im more worried how the leather holds up. I find the leather in my gucci wallet isnt too good atm but im assuming because its light pink in colour. I really like the new winter leaf gucci leather continental wallet.

Well, I keep hearing that the quality of LV wallets is absolutely fantastic, but my ten-month old LV wallet is currently being examined by their quality control department for the second time, after the glazing split in the same place I had it repaired when it first split open eight months ago. I've never had any quality issues with any other LV products so I find this extremely disappointing. I was without it for four weeks the first time, it has been with them this time for a week and a half (and I still haven't heard from them regarding their solution to the problem). I will be even more disappointed if they don't offer me a new one.

Never had any issues with my one Gucci bag, either. I find it to be very well made, and if I were to be thinking about buying a Gucci wallet I wouldn't hesitate. The quality of LV's wallets in particular remains to be seen, in my experience. Sorry that this doesn't help much with your question!

hey there,
i remmeber reading ur thread and im sorry u experienced that. I know LV walllets have a good reputation of holding up well but quality is very tainted lately which is a shame imo. I have two gucci travel/business totes which havn't held up well in the corners, but im assuming men's bags are prob made better.. haha.

I do! I did some shopping around when I was planning to buy a wallet about 2 years back. Went to survey and inspect wallets at Gucci, LV, Prada, YSL and Burberry and found that LV had the best quality (esp. on the interior). I opted for epi zippy wallet due to the multiple compartments, and it turns out to be the best wallet I've ever owned!