Gucci Padlock

Hey guys, just a quick message to contribute to the converation. I have the small padlock blooms, although a couple of you think that the chain is too short for cross-body, it's entirely because no luxury brand will produce a handbag only for some to use as an expensive messenger because it simply doesn't work! I usually wear mine single chain, on my side or on dressier, special occasions doubled up so its classier.

As for the mechanisms, craftsmanship and wear over time, Gucci is very reputable on this aspects, the lock is super smooth and opens with a slight pinch (similar to e.g Chanel Boy bags). As someone said earlier, the GG Supreme canvas is durable and resistant to spillage, and light accidents. I've been caught in heavy British rain a couple of times and it's still as fresh as the day I purchased it!

As always, for further queries/repairs/cleaning consult your nearest store or boutique, we're always happy to help ;)

Hey guys, just a quick message to contribute to the converation. I have the small padlock blooms, although a couple of you think that the chain is too short for cross-body, it's entirely because no luxury brand will produce a handbag only for some to use as an expensive messenger because it simply doesn't work! I usually wear mine single chain, on my side or on dressier, special occasions doubled up so its classier.

As for the mechanisms, craftsmanship and wear over time, Gucci is very reputable on this aspects, the lock is super smooth and opens with a slight pinch (similar to e.g Chanel Boy bags). As someone said earlier, the GG Supreme canvas is durable and resistant to spillage, and light accidents. I've been caught in heavy British rain a couple of times and it's still as fresh as the day I purchased it!

As always, for further queries/repairs/cleaning consult your nearest store or boutique, we're always happy to help ;)

Hmmm I don't quite agree with you as to why the straps aren't longer for cross body wear. I think, and my Chanel SA has also stated that it has more to do with these brands designing for a European body type like basically everything else. Americans are on average much taller and larger in body size. So while for me at 5'9" and a US size 12 most bags do not fall properly as a cross body it does not completely stop me from buying much loved bags. My LV Pochette Metis just barely gets by but I would love an additional strap hole. My vintage Chanel jumbo is perfect cross body though I'm certain that wasn't ever it's intended way to wear it I'm thankful for the multiple wear option. Chanel WOC's also have a wonderfully long strap that even at my height allows for the perfect cross body moment. Chanel boy bag sadly sits WAY too high on my for cross body wear but this won't stop me from buying it. I absolutely adore Gucci Padlock so I'll still likely get one regardless of not being able to wear it cross body. It's on my list to check out next time I get to the boutique!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462568156.629701.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1462568173.586057.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1462568186.225676.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1462568204.234617.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1462568215.822116.jpg

I love my padlock!! I wanted to get another one because I did like it so much, but couldn't land the plane on which one. I think I like the blooms? There is now a choice of either the blue or pink blooms on the Gucci site. What do you guys think?

Wow! Love your collection! I think either colour would be lovely but if I had to choose, perhaps I'd get the pink. Do you find the padlock bag to be really small in term of what you can fit?

Wow! Love your collection! I think either colour would be lovely but if I had to choose, perhaps I'd get the pink. Do you find the padlock bag to be really small in term of what you can fit?

It's actually larger than I would have guessed! It fits my tian French wallet and a small makeup bag, phone of course and keys. That's what made me want another one - I could actually use this as a small daytime bag.

I think I also lean toward the pink as I am not sure I like the red on the sides of the blue? Thank you for your response!!

does anyone know if there will be any others colors or variations coming out soon? i think im loving the smaller padlock bag

Have you seen the version with pearl details (it comes in a soft cool pink too, I'm not sure which other colours)

Attachments

• 432182_DLXDG_1088_001_071_0000_Light-Padlock-studded-leather-shoulder-bag.jpg
    432182_DLXDG_1088_001_071_0000_Light-Padlock-studded-leather-shoulder-bag.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 2,165
I'm so in love with the padlock.. now I'm considering for the small or the large one ? the small one is so cute yet the large one will more practical for more spaca..i really hope there is a medium size between them but they don't have in medium size... how to choose?

I'm so in love with the padlock.. now I'm considering for the small or the large one ? the small one is so cute yet the large one will more practical for more spaca..i really hope there is a medium size between them but they don't have in medium size... how to choose?
I think they should have a medium size bc the small one seems tiny and the large one seem a lil too big especially for me. I'm only 5ft