Groan what I had to endure today!!!

BonnieRadcliffe- I guess what I meant is that the people who only care about bags for their functional reasons, rather than the million other reasons I can think of, usually aren't here on THE PURSE FORUM!

Sorry for the double post I had a little trouble, not sure why.
I really like this bag and they only sell it at Niemans online. I didn't see one in the store when I was there (Texas). I even asked at NM Saks and Nordstroms but none of them had it or had heard of it. There was a long wait period (backordered) but they appear to be in stock now. These bags are made in the UK and unless you can find one on Ebay, you won't find them anywhere else.

Sorry for the double post I had a little trouble, not sure why.
I really like this bag and they only sell it at Niemans online. I didn't see one in the store when I was there (Texas). I even asked at NM Saks and Nordstroms but none of them had it or had heard of it. There was a long wait period (backordered) but they appear to be in stock now. These bags are made in the UK and unless you can find one on Ebay, you won't find them anywhere else.

Nat and I were looking for purse pouches Saturday? These are nice and considerably less then Coach's and Burberry's? What are they made out of BTW? Fun colors too!:smile:

Last year I tried on a gorgeous and oh-so-soft $5000 long fur vest/jacket at Saks...the lady told me it was made of Nutria (like the rat purse)...when I found out what it was made of I decided NOT to buy it!

Newbie (BonnieRadcliffe), most women here at TPF look at bags as wearable art. We do like and need function, but bags to US are definately NOT limited to function alone. I would like to think most women here would not judge another person on their taste in low budget bags (except for fakes), however, if someone judges US for our expensive bags, we feel attacked and therefore make fun of their rat bags.:yucky:

Oh, come on!! They DO have the same function!! XD And if you think a bag has more than one function, well, there are people who only care for one function.

Oh, come on!! They DO have the same function!! XD And if you think a bag has more than one function, well, there are people who only care for one function.

Having read your other posts (on other threads), I think this subject may have been a little lost in translation?

If you're talking about the basic function of a bag (i.e. to hold things), then, of course, you're absolutely right; all bags do only have one basic function. But I think it could definitely be argued that most women, even those who are not into the look of bags, really do need more than one bag for different occasions; because different bags function very differently (other than on the most basic level). For (extreme) example, I'm sure you'd agree that trying to fit baby supplies into a tiny box clutch might be a tad difficult and that standing around with a champagne glass in one hand and a large nappy/diaper bag in the other, at a party, might be a little awkward? :biggrin:

Also, as gettinpurseonal, so rightly, said, to most of the members of the Purse Forum, a bag is not just a functional object, it is wearable art and/or a major style and/or fashion statement. :smile:

BTW, thought I should probably just add a note on established tPF etiquette. Whilst most members (including me, definitely!) consider it to be absolutely fine to criticise a certain bag design or designer (after all, what on earth point would there be in posting on a forum, if we couldn't speak our minds about the topic in question? :shrugs: ), we draw the line at criticising each other's specific bags, or collections; especially on each other's bag showcase threads.

The general rule, when commenting on other people's bags/collections is, unless they specifically ask for an honest opinion; 'If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.'.

Of course, when discussing bags in a general sort of a way, we will, inevitably, end up criticising a bag style that another member happens to own and love (I'm sure it's happened to virtually everyone here and it's certainly happened to me!), but we draw the line at telling someone directly. :yes: :smile:

Having read your other posts (on other threads), I think this subject may have been a little lost in translation?

If you're talking about the basic function of a bag (i.e. to hold things), then, of course, you're absolutely right; all bags do only have one basic function. But I think it could definitely be argued that most women, even those who are not into the look of bags, really do need more than one bag for different occasions; because different bags function very differently (other than on the most basic level). For (extreme) example, I'm sure you'd agree that trying to fit baby supplies into a tiny box clutch might be a tad difficult and that standing around with a champagne glass in one hand and a large nappy/diaper bag in the other, at a party, might be a little awkward? :biggrin:

Also, as gettinpurseonal, so rightly, said, to most of the members of the Purse Forum, a bag is not just a functional object, it is wearable art and/or a major style and/or fashion statement. :smile:

BTW, thought I should probably just add a note on established tPF etiquette. Whilst most members (including me, definitely!) consider it to be absolutely fine to criticise a certain bag design or designer (after all, what on earth point would there be in posting on a forum, if we couldn't speak our minds about the topic in question? :shrugs: ), we draw the line at criticising each other's specific bags, or collections; especially on each other's bag showcase threads.

The general rule, when commenting on other people's bags/collections is, unless they specifically ask for an honest opinion; 'If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.'.

Of course, when discussing bags in a general sort of a way, we will, inevitably, end up criticising a bag style that another member happens to own and love (I'm sure it's happened to virtually everyone here and it's certainly happened to me!), but we draw the line at telling someone directly. :yes: :smile:

Very well put CHB; a good reminder for all and that includes moi!!!!:tup:

Quel horreur. Some of my co-workers are like that. It's not about money either. Why is it some women who aren't into fashion have to act all superior about it?

For the same reason that don't watch TV have to make such a big deal that they have SO many better things to do with their time and make you feel like a big looser because you do watch the tube after a long hard day!