Grey Leather a must have? Best BE Grey?

RaeBelle

The Commish
O.G.
Jan 15, 2008
Today it came to my attention that I don't have a grey leather bag. I'm rather shocked that somehow this colour leather has never been added to my handbag collection. But then I ask myself, is grey a good versatile colour? I don't believe I've ever had a grey leather bag. It's just never come up. So lovely ladies I have 2 questions for you (nicely in the title of my thread)

Is a grey leather bag a must have?
What grey leather from BE is the best?

Thank you so much for reading and responding. Though I'm sure I'll thank you again :smile:

:amazed:..No grey bags???!!!

This you must change pronto..LOL!!

I have almost mostly grey bags in different shades and models..next to black and purple.

The matte grey is a big favorite of mine. This matures wonderfully and is very hardy, the glossy grey is nice too, but does not change like I like my leathers to do..and it's similar with the pebbled grey, stays pretty much the same colour, but they both relax a bit more with use.
I have yet to try the shimmer grey, so I cant say anything about this one.
It doesn't seem there is any taupe left in the mattes, or else this is just lovely too:smile:

I bet the matte grey is wonderful, I must admit I'm not a huge fan of grey leather with a great deal of a shine or sheen to it but that's just me.

I've got the matte taupe so not a true grey but it is a lovely colour that is neutral and easy to wear. The website does not really do the taupe justice, Jackie said the pic of the taupe TME looks Soviet which always make me laugh as I can see exactly what she means :lol:

I have lots of blues and purples, just skipped right over grey! Sounds like I need to send an email for some swatches. Matte Grey, Shimmer Grey, and I think I saw Velvet Matte Grey too. Too bad about the Taupe, it sounds pretty especially since I rather like concrete & cement.

I do not have a grey bag either and have been feeling remiss over it...I think it would be a great addition to have, in any shade of grey- as versatile a nice black bag is I think.

I remember seeing a picture on this sub-forum of a pale grey hold me with a grey suede lining that was absolutely beautiful....I have often thought of bespoking a copy of that one!

I think a paler shade of grey in any leather type would be a great addition to you- I am partial to the pebbled leathers, but I bet any of them would be very nice to have!

I have the dark grey matte and the glossy grey. I like them both, but prefer the matte. The glossy does get broken in and is kind of like a cross between patent and regular leather. I really love grey bags- I think they are more versatile than black or a true brown, kind of like a camel or tan color is versatile.

I have two gray bags - a dark gray matte and a gray glossy. Also have the pewter crash but I really consider that a silver. I love my gray bags. Use them a lot.

I have a "grey hole" too! Not a grey bag to be found at my house. My pewter crash works well. I did just get a swatch of the grey shimmer though. :smile:

How does it look? I feel like the BEC picture looks more gold than grey, but it could just be because the image has goldtone hardware...

IMO dark gray is an alternative to black...not as severe, but completely still the neutral. I like black, but I like dark gray better!

I was looking at my dark gray LMM I have at my mother's house (she has a few bags of mine reside with her lol) and it still looks gorgeous.

I believe your next purchase should be in matte dark gray!