~*~Goyard Chat Thread~*~

Hi everyone! Apologies if this is not the correct thread to ask this. I'm going to purchase my first Goyard tote. I decided on the model, I'm going to get the St. Louis GM due to weight. I need it mainly for travel, errands and occasional office visits. But I'm torn between colors, black, tan and gray. I want this to be an easy bag, that would work with any outfit. I mostly wear solid, basic colors, beige, black, gray, white and light pinks. So far it seems like Goyard's gray would work with everything, but I'm not sure if it's too cool toned to be worn with beiges and browns, also my complexion is warm toned. I don't have the boutique nearby, so I cannot check the color in person. Tan looks beautiful too, but I'm a little worried that it stands out too much, like the bag would dictate the outfit or look too flashy for its large size. Black is probably a safe option, but I'm least excited about getting another black bag and I'm not sure it's going to look good with summer dresses, e.g. Zimmerman and such. If you own any of these colors, could you please comment on wearability and how easy you find it to put outfits together when you're wearing this tote. Thanks a lot!! 🙏
Very exciting!! My first St. Louis was the black/black and I love it. So easy to wear and make outfits with. I went back to get a second and was actually thinking gray, but exactly as you mentioned, I didn’t think the tone was great for me personally. I ended up deciding between the blue and green, and picked green! Blue is next 💙

• Love
Reactions: Maria333
I will be heading to Paris for the last two weeks of December, does anyone know how likely you are able to purchase a Saint Louis bag in your color? Does anyone have any tips? I did see there’s a new Goyard store, has anyone been?
I’m sure you have already been at this point and I hope you got your bag! But posting in case others search - both times I got Saint Louis bags in Paris I had no issue by arriving 10 minutes before opening.

• Love
Reactions: brandizk
I bought Goyard souple mini and can't find date code anywhere. Is it come with the chips now like Louis? This is my first goyard bag. Thank you.
The date stamp should be located inside the flap, behind the seam where the flap joins the body of the bag. However, the presence of a date stamp does not guarantee authenticity. Your best bet is to find a paid authentication service, as no one on this forum is qualified to authenticate. Good luck!

I'm getting ready to purchase my first Goyard via distance sale.

I've decided on a Artois MM (for travel + some every day use + diaper bag).

I am waffling between Sky blue and Burgandy (I love the green too but I bought a green celine bag last year and don't want another green so soon). I cannnnot decide. Help help help!! What would you pick?

I'm getting ready to purchase my first Goyard via distance sale.

I've decided on a Artois MM (for travel + some every day use + diaper bag).

I am waffling between Sky blue and Burgandy (I love the green too but I bought a green celine bag last year and don't want another green so soon). I cannnnot decide. Help help help!! What would you pick?
I wanted to purchase the exact same bag in sky blue but distance sales shipping times were 30-45 days so I would double check stock levels. In the end I thought I would try my luck in Paris and ended up getting the burgundy as the blue was also out of stock, best of luck!

Last edited:
I wanted to purchase the exact same bag in sky blue but distance sales shipping times where 30-45 days so I would double check stock levels. In the end I thought I would try my luck in Paris and ended up getting the burgundy as the blue was also out of stock, best of luck!
Oh good to know! I have been in touch with the NY store but they haven't confirmed stock and I really want it for my upcoming trip.

I'm also petite and have been back and forth between the MM and PM sizes, but I think the PM is just too small for me (especially to use on trips). I have a cuyana tote bag that's apparently bigger according to measurements, and never thought that was too big. So going to go with the MM I think.

• Love
Reactions: jenapp
Oh good to know! I have been in touch with the NY store but they haven't confirmed stock and I really want it for my upcoming trip.

I'm also petite and have been back and forth between the MM and PM sizes, but I think the PM is just too small for me (especially to use on trips). I have a cuyana tote bag that's apparently bigger according to measurements, and never thought that was too big. So going to go with the MM I think.
It’s great for travelling! I have the MM and fits so much including a laptop. You don’t want a bag that will swallow you so it is tricky, but I don’t think you’ll regret the MM :smile:

The Dallas boutique is so good in my experience, I don't use the same SA specifically for each purpose. We've had excellent SA's each purchase, I'm guessing like maybe 3-4 purchases from them; and remote from Franklyn in Chicago at NM.

Reactions: earthygirl