~*~Goyard Chat Thread~*~

Hi everyone! Apologies if this is not the correct thread to ask this. I'm going to purchase my first Goyard tote. I decided on the model, I'm going to get the St. Louis GM due to weight. I need it mainly for travel, errands and occasional office visits. But I'm torn between colors, black, tan and gray. I want this to be an easy bag, that would work with any outfit. I mostly wear solid, basic colors, beige, black, gray, white and light pinks. So far it seems like Goyard's gray would work with everything, but I'm not sure if it's too cool toned to be worn with beiges and browns, also my complexion is warm toned. I don't have the boutique nearby, so I cannot check the color in person. Tan looks beautiful too, but I'm a little worried that it stands out too much, like the bag would dictate the outfit or look too flashy for it's large size. Black is probably a safe option, but I'm least excited about getting another black bag and I'm not sure it's going to look good with summer dresses, e.g. Zimmerman and such. If you own any of these colors, could you please comment on wearability and how easy you find it to put outfits together when you're wearing this tote. Thanks a lot!! 🙏
The problem with Goyard is that you fall in love with every color!
So I have a grey, black on black and black w tan. I find the hardest to dress is grey because I don’t think it looks great with brown/beige tones, like you said. If I’m not wearing brown tones they grey is easy to match. I’ve never had a problem matching either black combo. I def don’t think the tan straps are flashy at all.

Hello everyone ,
The Goyard website mentions weight of St Louis tote PM as 250 gm.
The ones I purchased are from the Goyard stores itself ,but weigh about 285 gm and 300 gm each .
I would like to understand if weight of bag is accurate all the time.

• Insightful
Reactions: Maria333
I thought our new sub forum could use its very own chat thread! :yahoo:

This is a place for Goyard lovers to talk about ANYTHING!;) Chat is not limited to Goyard bags. (Goyard talk should stick to the related threads for search purposes)

Chill, Share, Chat, Laugh, etc. Just be sure to be kind, welcoming, respectful and friendly!

Gab AWAY! :flowers:
Hi, I am new here.
I just want to hear advices from you all! I got a Goyard hobo last November. However, the corner was torn a little bit after gentle uses for about two months. I did not even wear it every day. So I decided to sent it to reinforces around the corners. I just got the bag back today. I did not examine it very closely when I was at the store. But when I got home, I found out that there is a pounced hole at the bottom of my bag. I am really sad. I have not got any reply from the Goyard store yet. But what to do? By the way, there was no stain before I sent it to repair. Now it has stains around the corners too.

Attachments

• EA9966CA-EC35-45FA-80CB-A82D0C199B0E.jpeg
    EA9966CA-EC35-45FA-80CB-A82D0C199B0E.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 11B26F61-492C-4C03-9CE8-91B9ED720C76.jpeg
    11B26F61-492C-4C03-9CE8-91B9ED720C76.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 37
Hi, I am new here.
I just want to hear advices from you all! I got a Goyard hobo last November. However, the corner was torn a little bit after gentle uses for about two months. I did not even wear it every day. So I decided to sent it to reinforces around the corners. I just got the bag back today. I did not examine it very closely when I was at the store. But when I got home, I found out that there is a pounced hole at the bottom of my bag. I am really sad. I have not got any reply from the Goyard store yet. But what to do? By the way, there was no stain before I sent it to repair. Now it has stains around the corners too.
Pics? Did you get the bag from a Goyard location? If so, you can take it back and describe the problem to the SA.