~*~Goyard Chat Thread~*~

Hello everyone! I'm new to Goyard and wondering if they sell the small snap pouch that comes with the St. Louis as a separate item or can you only purchase it together with the bag as a set?

Question for everyone who has shopped in Paris (at any location):

Does Goyard enforce quantity limits?

(Ex: Am I allowed to buy 2-3 of a piece if I need to shop for my friends via proxy while abroad and let them take advantage of the lower prices?)
I know that CHANEL strictly enforces a "1 bag per passport rule."​

Question for everyone who has shopped in Paris (at any location):

Does Goyard enforce quantity limits?

(Ex: Am I allowed to buy 2-3 of a piece if I need to shop for my friends via proxy while abroad and let them take advantage of the lower prices?)
I know that CHANEL strictly enforces a "1 bag per passport rule."​

Yes, Goyard does impose limits on St. Louis and Senats. You may only purchase 1 PM & 1 GM in different colors every 3 mos. Can't remember the exact limit on Senat but there is a limit.

Reactions: MonsieurMode
Yes, Goyard does impose limits on St. Louis and Senats. You may only purchase 1 PM & 1 GM in different colors every 3 mos. Can't remember the exact limit on Senat but there is a limit.
Oh, wow! Good to know. And to clarify, that's 1 of each in a single color over 3 months? (As in, if I bought 1 GM black then I couldn't buy a GM in green?)

hey everyone, just a quick question. Has anyone ever seen the Sac Vendome with the additional shoulder strap ( sold separately), I'm wondering if this bag would be better suited with a shoulder strap or if it truly a 'hand held' bag. Would love to get some thoughts and opinions! :smile:

To my knowledge, there are only two Goyard strap choices: the Saigon Strap that my SA claims works only with the Saigon, and the Luggage Strap.

As you can see from the attached photos, the luggage strap seems very casual and probably isn't appropriate with the Vendome.

Saigon.pngJeanne.png

To my knowledge, there are only two Goyard strap choices: the Saigon Strap that my SA claims works only with the Saigon, and the Luggage Strap.

As you can see from the attached photos, the luggage strap seems very casual and probably isn't appropriate with the Vendome.

View attachment 3406463View attachment 3406464

Thank you so much for the reply and photos, the Goyard boutique in France actually responded finally and confirmed the bag is entirely handheld and there is no area for a shoulder strap unfortunately... thank you so much for those photos!

Just for your information.
I spoke with Goyard Singapore yesterday regarding the Marquises and the SA told me that they no longer make it as it's being discontinued. So whatever is out in the boutiques are all there is. So if anyone is considering getting one, don't think too long :smile:

Hello! Is there anyone in S'pore & Japan who can help me with prices of Amaartois & St Louis PM'black' & 'black' handles?
I've trips plan for both countries end of this year and would like to know the difference in prices. Thank You.

Hello! Is there anyone in S'pore & Japan who can help me with prices of Amaartois & St Louis PM'black' & 'black' handles?
I've trips plan for both countries end of this year and would like to know the difference in prices. Thank You.

Hi, bagaholic published prices in Singapore prices here:

http://bagaholicboy.com/2016/07/goyard-singapore-prices-in-sgd-revealed-2016/

As at beginning of the year, as a ballpark, Singapore prices are around 25% more expensive than prices in Paris. Japan is around 20% more expensive. However, Japan yen has appreciated quite a lot since then hence, I would assume that Singapore and Japan prices shouldn't be too much of a difference.

Question then is why shop at these two?

I find that they have stocks of the more popular goyardine colors than Paris, such as the classic colors and navy blue.

Hi, bagaholic published prices in Singapore prices here:

http://bagaholicboy.com/2016/07/goyard-singapore-prices-in-sgd-revealed-2016/

As at beginning of the year, as a ballpark, Singapore prices are around 25% more expensive than prices in Paris. Japan is around 20% more expensive. However, Japan yen has appreciated quite a lot since then hence, I would assume that Singapore and Japan prices shouldn't be too much of a difference.

Question then is why shop at these two?

I find that they have stocks of the more popular goyardine colors than Paris, such as the classic colors and navy blue.
Thanks. I am going to Osaka in Nov and will drop by Singapore in Dec to visit friends. I'd been to Paris before and it'll cost more just to fly to Paris for a bag. It'll be easier if I get Amaartois in Singapore as it'll need 'mandatory' personalization, right? I can ask my friend to send the bag to me later. By the way, is Amaartois available in Singapore? I'd really like to compare both St Louis vs Amaartois shoulder handles drop too.( I'm a Malaysian, by the way. No Goyard store)

Last edited:
Thanks. I am going to Osaka in Nov and will drop by Singapore in Dec to visit friends. I'd been to Paris before and it'll cost more just to fly to Paris for a bag. It'll be easier if I get Amaartois in Singapore as it'll need 'mandatory' personalization, right? I can ask my friend to send the bag to me later. By the way, is Amaartois available in Singapore? I'd really like to compare both St Louis vs Amaartois shoulder handles drop too.( I'm a Malaysian, by the way. No Goyard store)

Hey fellow Malaysian (always great to 'see' Malaysians and Singaporeans here),

Amaartois is not available in Singapore. I am not sure about Japan though. Yes, the price of amaartoise if I called correctly, includes personalisation of initial. In Paris, it takes around a week. So, assuming if it is available in Osaka, be prepared to stay there at least a week if you intend to get amaartois.

Sac Hardy is definitely available in both countries.

There were some earlier discussion about amaartois and comparison with St Louis. Try searching.

Hope the above helps.

Hey fellow Malaysian (always great to 'see' Malaysians and Singaporeans here),

Amaartois is not available in Singapore. I am not sure about Japan though. Yes, the price of amaartoise if I called correctly, includes personalisation of initial. In Paris, it takes around a week. So, assuming if it is available in Osaka, be prepared to stay there at least a week if you intend to get amaartois.

Sac Hardy is definitely available in both countries.

There were some earlier discussion about amaartois and comparison with St Louis. Try searching.

Hope the above helps.
Thanks for this great info about Amaartois availabilty. I was at Goyard's, Paris few yrs back but was not impressed with it. Recently, there have been few sightings of the 'black & black' St Louis near my area and seen quite a few in Japan too. Now with the recent availability of Artois, I do hope I can get to view it and compare it with St Louis esp the handles. My hotel is near Hankyu Uhmeda and there is a Goyard there and will check once I'm there again. It'll be my 3 rd trip to Osaka/ Kyoto this Nov. Will update once I get my hands on it later.