Going to PARIS!!! What one bag would you buy??

Laboheme - I can TOTALLY sympathize!! We have 2 (duh, I know my avatar shows 'em! lol!), but I'm trying to decide if I should bring 1 (who will be 6 mos., and still nursing maybe), or none (the 3 year old is a gem, but a holy terror. I can just see him tearing things apart in LV!!!) :rolleyes:

It was hard for us too. I could just feel the some of the other passengers wanting to eject us from the plane. My oldest had the worst time as a baby with the cabin pressure too. He'd just scream like crazy..bottle, pacifiers, nursing whatever (I got desperate once and tried to nurse him during the descent...stupid i know... he should have been in his carseat:noggin: I wouldn't do that again)...

The 3 year old might be fine on the plane. I'd be scared too with my guys in LV, esp the 1 yr old. No way, unless securely strapped in stroller.LOL!

chanel is my vote, but i liked the "french" suggestions. If you come home with a speedy, no one will ask you where you got it. If you come home with a more obscure bag and people do ask, you can say, "It's lovely isn't it? I got it in Paris."

Attachments

• vbrun1003110652_347x683f.jpg
    vbrun1003110652_347x683f.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 30
hm i would say Goyard or LV i know you said specifics but i dont know any really ;)

I just want to say make sure you check out all your exchange rates 1st cause i know i am traveling to England in June and the $$ is SOOOO weak with the new high value of the Euro that i dont plan on shopping there unless its something exculsively avail. in England because if it is something i can purchase here in the States its cheaper to buy it here

but of course im a kinda broke college student :smile: so if i was a career woman or finanacially comfortable with a husband and steady income i would be in the same position of wanting the experience of getting my french brand in france (or english brand in england)

but i just wanted to say that cause the $ is doing horribly righht now :smile:

have an awsome trip!

chanel is my vote, but i liked the "french" suggestions. If you come home with a speedy, no one will ask you where you got it. If you come home with a more obscure bag and people do ask, you can say, "It's lovely isn't it? I got it in Paris."
Ooh sheanabelle - that's a great idea! I have to tell you ladies, I've peeked at the Goyards, and I'm not a fan (sorry!), but I am REALLY starting to jones for Balenciaga & Celine. But isn't Balenciaga Spanish? I am trying to fill a tall order: an inconically "French" bag, that's a good size (can't do the small bags, ladies!), and won't top $1500! Have I made it impossible for y'all yet? :P

Technically, the namesake of Balenciaga is Spanish, but he's frequently referred to as a "couturier" from Paris. The House of Balenciaga's flagship is in Paris. Hope that helps to clarify. ;)

Technically, the namesake of Balenciaga is Spanish, but he's frequently referred to as a "couturier" from Paris. The House of Balenciaga's flagship is in Paris. Hope that helps to clarify. ;)

AWESOME! That just made things easier!! I've kind of got it narrowed down to the (1) LV speedy 30, the (2) a Chanel Cambon, or the (3) Balenciaga Motorcycle City. Which do you girls think is best?

CHANEL of course !!!!
Specific model : le 2.55. It's a classic and very chic bag. It cost 1500€ for the middle size.
Hermes is so great but more expensive...

Ok - the chanel 2.55 is iconic, and classic for sure, but I'm not thinking it's going to be very practical for me. It's a little too prim, proper and tiny for a mom of 2. What do you guys think? Plus, it's really pushing the budget.....:sad: