Going to PARIS!!! What one bag would you buy??

Just wanted to point out that technically, an expensive item like a handbag should be declared upon re-entry into the US. It is then taxed, which negates any VAT savings. Or you can do what I do, which is to walk past customs. I believe that if you do get caught, however, there are hefty fines to pay!

hmm...
I'd get something in LV Epi Leather or Hermes... but i feel that it depends on your style personality & which designs are most *you*?

Have fun!!... we're supposed to be visiting later this year(dh is parisian) but I'm sooo not looking forward to traveling w/ three children.:wtf: :Push:

Just wanted to point out that technically, an expensive item like a handbag should be declared upon re-entry into the US. It is then taxed, which negates any VAT savings. Or you can do what I do, which is to walk past customs. I believe that if you do get caught, however, there are hefty fines to pay!

Hm....isn't there a cap on the $ value needed for taxation? It's been awhile since I've been overseas, but it seemed to me that it was something around $1000....

hmm...
I'd get something in LV Epi Leather or Hermes... but i feel that it depends on your style personality & which designs are most *you*?

Have fun!!... we're supposed to be visiting later this year(dh is parisian) but I'm sooo not looking forward to traveling w/ three children.:wtf: :Push:

Laboheme - I can TOTALLY sympathize!! We have 2 (duh, I know my avatar shows 'em! lol!), but I'm trying to decide if I should bring 1 (who will be 6 mos., and still nursing maybe), or none (the 3 year old is a gem, but a holy terror. I can just see him tearing things apart in LV!!!) :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, much as I adore Chanel and others, I won't buy French products. This may sound silly to some of you, but after all of the support that our country has given to France in the wars, and in rebuilding after WWII-and they don't support us now. They speak out against us. My dad fought in WWII and he freed many of the French people when the war ended. Now that he's gone, it makes me sick that the French are so down on the U.S. JMO!:yucky:

if you don't have any of these three brands yet - I would start with Chanel. i do think you can get a nice bag for your budget - you certainly could get a nice LV.
as for Hermes - how about a nice scarf, if a bag blows the budget? also so french!