Going to Las Vegas....

Don't use the HAC as a carry on...bad idea. I traveled all the time and would never do that. If you take it...carry it inside something else to use once you arrive. Don't risk it Shopmom...it is too gorgeous!

Oh, once you get your stay at the Bellagio...don't forget to have the gelato in the little gelato cafe (Too Yummy) and you can stare at your bag while you enjoy it. Also have the breakfast buffet there...food it every so yummy and all very high quality. Anything you can imagine to eat is on that buffet!

lilach said:
oh ahem sort of i have the trolley and a beauty case (that i both use as onboard luggage)and want to have a red epi alzer for car travel and decoration in my closet :shame: .(used to have 2 alzer anglaise when married)
i would love to use their hardcase trunks on each and every journey but they weight a ton have no weels and are totally impractical .and as i know how luggage is treated by ground staff there is no way i will fork out cash for designer check in plane luggage (i use rimowa and samsonite instead but thinking about globe trotter at the moment as they are more stylish and equally durable ) but for the luggage i use as carryon i love to have them stylish and ,matching to my handbag and match even my jewelry that day to the hardware :lol:
:flowers:

You sound so styling!:cutesy:

tokyogirl said:
You sound so styling!:cutesy:
oh how sweet of you thank you soo much.
but i tell you it is really my pet peeve to have non matching things it is not easy for me all the timeas this "obsession" does not stop at handbags or jewelery it goes through everything from the car to the home to the hotel etc. oh and no i am not insane just a horrible perfectionist (but i promise that is my one and only habbit that sounds yadda yadda) :lol:

ähem any shrink on here btw
f050.gif

shopmom411 said:
My question is this....I'm taking Princess Caramel Coromandel Kelly for sure. But I was thinking to take the HAC as well as a carry-on. Somehow though I'm also thinking this is not a good idea since it's Box leather and the LAST thing I want is for it to be messed up....going thru security and laying in the overhead. Anyone bring their Birkin on the plane?

I have. I had just gotten my birkin a few days before I went to Vegas. Overall I didn't have a problem. It wasn't handled roughly or anything. ON the actual plane I was in the first seat on all flights and I put it in the bin in front of me until the plane had taken off. The bin was pretty big, but I confess that sometimes I just hid the bag in my lap under my blanket until takeoff was acconplished because I didn't want it on the floor. I would not suggest you put it in the overhead. I certainly didn't. And I was not ABOUT to put Birkie in the luggage that I checked.

the pegasé medium size (is that the 60?) it is the lergest one allowed for on board luggage ah and pshht it always weights more than allowed but as they never check that only the size i am happy that my bags and shoes are save next to me and that i don´t have to worry or eventually kill someone by accident if they loose my check in luggage :angel:

ah but currently i have set my heart on the globetrotter jewel series in light pink with white leather trim :love:

lilach, I think I'm just like you, I have to match everything :shame: , except I always feel a little overmonogrammed when I wear a monogrammed bag with my pegase 50. So I use my beautiful brown Massai bag to compliment the pegase, when travelling. Needless to say it's gotten pretty beat up :Push:

icechick said:
lilach, I think I'm just like you, I have to match everything :shame: , except I always feel a little overmonogrammed when I wear a monogrammed bag with my pegase 50. So I use my beautiful brown Massai bag to compliment the pegase, when travelling. Needless to say it's gotten pretty beat up :Push:
ah what a reliev i am not alone . but i hear you with the "overmonogrammed2 therefore i want to change for globe trotter. of course still keep the vuitton as i am thinking the brown gold combo is perfect due to the warm shade when i travel to colder regions and the pink white silver hardware is perfect for the hot regions:rolleyes: :lol: :tender:
edit here is a pic of the luggage i set my heart on

Attachments

• screenshot_01.jpg
    screenshot_01.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 44
I've flown with my 35 cm Togo Birkin. Going through security I put it one of the trays. Then in the plane I put it on a plastic shopping bag (carried for that purpose) on the floor in front of me. If I'm really worried, I put it inside the bag. I've had no problems, but Togo is pretty resilient.

lilach - You are too cool! :supacool:

shopmom - If you really have your heart set on carrying your HAC and other H bags, then I suggest to bring a plastic bag to cover them so they don't get dirty. Once, I used my ostrich Bolide on my flight to London and I almost fainted the way the people held my bag at the X-ray. Also, I forgot to bring an extra bag to put the Bolide on. Anyway, it survived!

Thank you guys! Well, I think I'll pack my Caramel Kelly in the rolling carry-on (the only luggage I'll take) and for-go taking the HAC. THe Kelly is really THE perfect bag to take to Las Vegas anyway IMO. The color and size is perfect for day to night.....

Hermes isn't gonna know what hit them when I roll into town....:supacool: