Giving out your PF user name to potential buyer?????

I don't think it's completely uncalled for, though, when a buyer asks for it to say "I will gladly contact you via the Purse Forum for added verification. What is your tPF ID?"

That will instill confidence, and if a buyer isn't a member, then why the heck do they care, anyway? It's not like a non-member can search for posts by that user.

Well, a lot of the PFers here ARE new at eBay.

Like on the authenticating thread, I like to give the advice to VERIFY the seller is a TPFer, not just take the eBay sellers' word.

Yeah this is what we recommend on the LV authentication area as well. A lot of sellers just put that there and there's no way to really confirm whether they are or not. It's like when people put "MPRS member" on their auctions when they're really not and people take their word for it without checking to see if that person's username is actually on the list of MPRS (My Poupette Recommended Sellers).

bump - I think my question goes here...

I am about to sell a bunch of items on ebay... what is the protocol for mentioning that you are a member of the purse forum? And is it ok to say something like "feel free to have these items verified at tpf?"

TIA :smile:

bump - I think my question goes here...

I am about to sell a bunch of items on ebay... what is the protocol for mentioning that you are a member of the purse forum? And is it ok to say something like "feel free to have these items verified at tpf?"

TIA :smile:

There's no rule at fBay that prohibits you from mentioning you're a tpf member and/or have your bags authenticated here.

I was actually interested in buying a bag from someone who was tPF member. I asked her questions & she found ME! Pretty much b/c she was selling a bag that I was asking a lot of questions about on here. She put 2 & 2 together & told me who she was, but i was a little taken aback, considering my ebay id & my PF id aren't anything alike. Not that I cared, but it was weird to see my '2 worlds' overlap, KWIM?

I was actually interested in buying a bag from someone who was tPF member. I asked her questions & she found ME! Pretty much b/c she was selling a bag that I was asking a lot of questions about on here. She put 2 & 2 together & told me who she was, but i was a little taken aback, considering my ebay id & my PF id aren't anything alike. Not that I cared, but it was weird to see my '2 worlds' overlap, KWIM?
Just be careful. Being a tPF member an also mean being a scammer! given all that has happened lately, I would check it out before handing over any money.