Gilt Group

That's really cool that Gilt actually responded to the "scarfgate" complaint!

I don't think it's om that their retail prices are inflated, nor do I think it's okay just "because other discounters do it too." However, I don't think they're doing it maliciously.

Yes, pretty cool that I got an immediate followup from their marketing director, and then their CEO publicly addressed the matter on their website. I do believe that shows they pay attention to complaints and concerns!

Invite only sample sale Gilt Groupe.. is now quietly launching

GILT NOIR, a membership level for the top 0.1 percent of its customers..

Founders Maybank & Wilson, considered only shoppers who spent at

least $10,000 last year through Gilt Groupe. In addition to previewing sales

15 minutes before they go live to the hoi polloi, Noir members will have

access to special events. Interesting concept in these tough times

Read about it in W Magazine..February issue page 48

Hmm. I think this will make me much less likely to shop there - not that I did too much. What's the point for the rest if all the good stuff will be gone by the time the sale opens?

Hmm. I think this will make me much less likely to shop there - not that I did too much. What's the point for the rest if all the good stuff will be gone by the time the sale opens?

I totally agree. Maybe it would have been better opening a different website for these top customers, with different deals and merchandise?

I've been a member at Gilt for some time now, but I've never bought anything. Most of the time I'm at school or work so I miss a lot of the good stuff. Sometimes I think that I shouldn't even go on the site just so I won't be disappointed when I see something I want sold out :smile:

BTW I'm new here. Hello everyone!

The Noir members can preview in advance, they can't buy. Then they have access to some private sales, but they are generally very high priced items.

Customers, like Celerie Kemble, Gwyneth Paltrow, Google VP Marissa Mayer were among the 2,000 charter NOIR invites chosen.

Do you think this group in addition to others, having access to private sales, but they generally are very high priced items is going to matter
to this group??

ANd would think that there are other perks being offered to them as well.

ANd these charter members will be able to preview all sales 15 minutes
before other Gilt members will. So they will have a shopping advantage
that other Gilt members will not have and believe me a lot of shopping can be done with a 15 minute head start..:biggrin:

I was invited to Gilt Noir -- But it launched last November, not now. I got an invite in I think Oct 09 and it didn't start for another month... Gilt Noir also has special things for only Noir members.... right now they have fashion week tix

** Oh, and you can't shop 15 mins before the event starts, Noir members can only see what will be on sale (not purchase)

Last edited: