Gilt Group

So I am relatively new to shopping on GILT and I was scouring their Prada sunglasses sale the other day.
I bought a pair of Prada sunglasses on sale for $199.99 and then continued scouring the sale. Then I came across the EXACT same pair on the same sale page for $99.99!
I opened up the pair I bought (now sold out) and this cheaper sold out pair. Same exact titles, descriptions, photos, size, color, original price, absolutely identical in every way!
I wrote a message to customer service asking about a price adjustment and they told me "the current price of the sunglasses reflects its limited availability and sizing options and the fact that it's now final sale." First off, the description of the item I bought clearly stated that the item is eligible for free return.
Second, I don't understand why they would have 2 listings for the same exact item with 2 different prices. Is this common on GILT? Has anyone else noticed this before? It seems kind of sketchy to me.

So I am relatively new to shopping on GILT and I was scouring their Prada sunglasses sale the other day.
I bought a pair of Prada sunglasses on sale for $199.99 and then continued scouring the sale. Then I came across the EXACT same pair on the same sale page for $99.99!
I opened up the pair I bought (now sold out) and this cheaper sold out pair. Same exact titles, descriptions, photos, size, color, original price, absolutely identical in every way!
I wrote a message to customer service asking about a price adjustment and they told me "the current price of the sunglasses reflects its limited availability and sizing options and the fact that it's now final sale." First off, the description of the item I bought clearly stated that the item is eligible for free return.
Second, I don't understand why they would have 2 listings for the same exact item with 2 different prices. Is this common on GILT? Has anyone else noticed this before? It seems kind of sketchy to me.

Call again....

Do they actually offer the price adjustment in their policy? I have never used Gilt, but I have used lots of online outlet shopping sites and they don't offer price adjustments. It's like first come, first served and if you miss a deal, too bad.

I can understand Gilt further reducing the price as inventory decreases (I've seen this happen with Amazon, Nordstrom, to name a few retailers), but not two listings simultaneously for the identical item at different prices. Recently, I bought a Vince top from NR that showed up on the website twice: one as 100% cotton, the other as a silk/viscose blend, with different prices. I thought they were two different items and placed the 100% cotton top in my cart, but when it arrived it was the silk/viscose blend. I promptly returned the top as I purposely ordered the cotton one so it could be machine-washed. The duplicate listing was likely a web designer error but I also screenshot the erroneous listing.

Reactions: petiteprincessca
Do they actually offer the price adjustment in their policy? I have never used Gilt, but I have used lots of online outlet shopping sites and they don't offer price adjustments. It's like first come, first served and if you miss a deal, too bad.
I wasn't able to find anything about price adjusting in their policy.
I've been emailing back and forth with them and they never said that they do not price adjust. They asked for photos of the listings, which I sent them and after that, they just stopped replying. Maybe they didn't expect me to actually have photos of the listings since the sale ended! It does seem like they should price adjust though since they went to the trouble of asking for photos...

I wasn't able to find anything about price adjusting in their policy.
I've been emailing back and forth with them and they never said that they do not price adjust. They asked for photos of the listings, which I sent them and after that, they just stopped replying. Maybe they didn't expect me to actually have photos of the listings since the sale ended! It does seem like they should price adjust though since they went to the trouble of asking for photos...

If they are giving you the runaround, I don't know how you funded your purchase, but perhaps reach out to
your credit card & file a dispute. You have corresponding e-mails with no resolution.

Reactions: rutabaga
If the price adjustment is not stated in their site, you might need to find the right person - a supervisor or the top of the customer service department who knows how to deal with it and who has the power to make it happen.

I thought about one possibility. It might be a typo from when they were editing the page. One time, I saw a new season Gucci bag's price with the decimal point in the wrong place on Nieman Marcus's website for a short time. I'm guessing some people checked out with the incredibly cheap price successfully. I don't know if NM honored it when they found the mistake.

Good luck!

When I purchase anything from an online site I print out the page that contains all the info and if it's returnable or final sale. I've purchased merchandise in the past when it was returnable and then it was changed to final sale sometimes before I even received the item.