GG Marmont Bag Club

Your decision makes total sense! Enjoy the two you kept! Congrats!!! Both amazing bags!!

Thank you for saying that. Makes me feel less restless about it. Lol.
You know how it is.
I had been second guessing myself this morning after dropping the return at Fedex but I have to trust that I chose the right bags to keep and just enjoy them without always thinking there’s one more bag I need and don’t have. [emoji23][emoji849]‍♀️
I truly think my bag love can sometimes be kind of an addiction. [emoji85]

Hello everyone,
I have a handbag dilemma. I want to purchase another item from Gucci and this shoulder bag has caught my attention. My fisrt two handbags were black so I really want to add a pop of color and what a better color than red? Would you recommend this bag? Or Do you think the marmont flap bags will go out of style soon?

I have this bag and i love it however the leather is very delicate, mine is only 2 years old and already has a lot of use signs & discolorations.

Reactions: WillWordForBags
View attachment 4385544 View attachment 4385545 Hello ladies! I need your opinion on this..

I just got my Marmont Small Flap.. then while snapping some photos of the bag (at home) I noticed some sharp folds at the back..its probably how they stored the bag, I suspect the leather strap was tucked at the back of the bag.

What do I do with it? Is it “normal” or doI have to return it to the store?? This is my first Gucci bag and first maliable bag (excluding my balenciagas) in years..

I have the Gucci Marmont Mini Camera bag in Black. Slight leather wrinkling is common, but not to that extent. I would agree with the other replies that it looks like the bag was stored incorrectly and creased.

Hi, I just got Gucci Marmont Small - Black as a gift and he bought it in HongKong. However, i saw undecent for the logo, I know it should be gold hardware with rusted touch, but this is just too messy-made. Do you think it's normal? and can I exchange this without the white-wrapped things?IMG_6133.jpg IMG_6134.jpg

Tough luck :sad: I went to the store and they have far worse flap bags. Pictures below...

Although I should say that the experience was not unpleasant at all as my SA (the SA who assisted me during my purchase) was as nice as the time that I made the purchase. She also discouraged me to steam iron (even with thick cloth or paper sheets or wax paper & cloth) the sharp folds as it might do more damage than fixing it.

Anyways, it is still a lovely bag and I still love it.. I guess I can finally move on since I know I tried to get the “best” stock that they have in store.. ❤️

Btw this is in Gucci Qatar for those who are curious.

WOW what is that croc version of the marmont flap bag in your last pic?!

Hi, I just got Gucci Marmont Small - Black as a gift and he bought it in HongKong. However, i saw undecent for the logo, I know it should be gold hardware with rusted touch, but this is just too messy-made. Do you think it's normal? and can I exchange this without the white-wrapped things?View attachment 4390480 View attachment 4390481

It does look a little busted. Besides the hardware, there’s obvious signs of glue issues as well. Exchange it. I just did last week

View attachment 4391539

Am I screwed or just really unlucky?

What happened? Is this the new one you exchanged the dented one for?
I love these bags and they truly are beautiful but I have to say I’ve seen a lot of quality issues with this collection.

I personally have returned 4 Marmonts due to wrinkles, scratches, indentations and now, this week I’m returning my small black camera bag (i wanted to love this bag so much and tried so hard) because the zipper really is stiff and hard to open.
As I tried opening and closing, the bag would get pushed into the top zipper and the sides would sink it. So then I had to pop the top and sides and try again. I guess if you stuff it silly then maybe it gets easier, but I don’t want to have to stuff my bag completely in order to make it easier to wear.

That’s a deal breaker for me. I can’t have bags that are anything but easy and perfectly functional. I know myself. I’ll end up never wearing it.
So after much debate and regret, I decided to just keep my Marmont mini camera in red for now.

For some reason, possibly the shape and size of the bag, the zipper on this one is much smoother and bag is easier to open and close and doesn’t get all smooshed.

And I got very lucky (probably because I asked the SA to make a note on the order that I wanted a perfect bag with no marks, please...) and actually received the mini camera with no wrinkles or dents or scratches, so I’m definitely keeping that baby cause with these Marmonts, it’s always a crap shoot.

Last edited:
What happened? Is this the new one you exchanged the dented one for?
I love these bags and they truly are beautiful but I have to say I’ve seen a lot of quality issues with this collection.

I personally have returned 4 Marmonts due to wrinkles, scratches, indentations and now, this week I’m returning my small black camera bag (i wanted to love this bag so much and tried so hard) because the zipper really is stiff and hard to open.
As I tried opening and closing, the bag would get pushed into the top zipper and the sides would sink it. So then I had to pop the top and sides and try again. I guess if you stuff it silly then maybe it gets easier, but I don’t want to have to stuff my bag completely in order to make it easier to wear.

That’s a deal breaker for me. I can’t have bags that are anything but easy and perfectly functional. I know myself. I’ll end up never wearing it.
So after much debate and regret, I decided to just keep my Marmont mini camera in red for now.

For some reason, possibly the shape and size of the bag, the zipper on this one is much smoother and bag is easier to open and close and doesn’t get all smooshed.

And I got very lucky (probably because I asked the SA to make a note on the order that I wanted a perfect bag with no marks, please...) and actually received the mini camera with no wrinkles or dents or scratches, so I’m definitely keeping that baby cause with these Marmonts, it’s always a crap shoot.

Yes, this is the exchange. I don’t even know anymore. I only used the bag once for errands and am very careful with my stuff. I didn’t know the Marmont was THIS delicate

Yes, this is the exchange. I don’t even know anymore. I only used the bag once for errands and am very careful with my stuff. I didn’t know the Marmont was THIS delicate

Yeah. I hear you.
These bags are so delicate that it makes it really challenging to totally love them.
One of the ones I returned came already with a scratch very similar to yours.
Those can usually be buffed out but I just don’t think we should be worrying about fixing and stuffing and buffing out brand new expensive designer handbags.
I returned the one with the tough zipper today and felt kind of relieved.
I’ll see how my mini camera bag holds up after I start using it. It looks perfect so far but only time or storage will tell. Lol.

Finally gotten the mini camera bag in black and love love love it[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]IMG_4355.JPGIMG_4357.JPG

Im aware that many chose small size of this bag due to the long strap of this mini size but the small size looks way bigger for me (barely 5 feet tall haha) so im probably going to shorten the strap the conventional way..but so far im liking it[emoji813]️