GG Marmont Bag Club

Is the light blue Marmont a colour from last season? I’ve been looking at a bag on the U.K. site, a mini flap Marmont and it seems to have just disappeared. I’m hoping to buy a bag but was planning to waiting until I fly out of Heathrow in June to try and save some money. :annoyed:

Hello! I received this beautiful piece about week ago from Neiman Marcus.
I've been wanting this for so long and now I have it but I am debating if I should keep this.
I own a black marmont camera bag and been using it and loving it so much. As much as I want to keep this bag, uneven flap, stitching issues and big gaps bother me so much. If I bring this to the boutique, they will exchange it with no problem. Since I bought this from Neiman Marcus and I am not sure they will exchange it. What do you guys think? Should I exchange/return/keep?

IMG_4844.jpg IMG_4847.JPG IMG_4848.JPG IMG_4850.JPG

I've been wanting this for so long and now I have it but I am debating if I should keep this.
I own a black marmont camera bag and been using it and loving it so much. As much as I want to keep this bag, uneven flap, stitching issues and big gaps bother me so much. If I bring this to the boutique, they will exchange it with no problem. Since I bought this from Neiman Marcus and I am not sure they will exchange it. What do you guys think? Should I exchange/return/keep?

View attachment 3924573 View attachment 3924574 View attachment 3924575 View attachment 3924577

Oh my.. that stitching is horrible [emoji53] I think you have no problem taking this back to Neiman’s. This is obviously bad stitching and a defect on the bag. Good luck!

Just got my small Marmont flap on soft rose from Saks online. Totally loving the leather color but totally hating the tarnish hardware! I have 2 belts with gold tone double G logo and they both look much better than this bag logo! I feel like online stores mail in the “rejected” stuff! So bummed! Is this normal forflap bag logo to look like this? ( looks better from afar but close up is the REAL look) Help!

Attachments

• 324601F4-360A-4B06-BBA6-9A7CEBEB58F4.jpeg
    324601F4-360A-4B06-BBA6-9A7CEBEB58F4.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 2,561
  • 51B930CD-417D-4D26-A6DF-E015EF7E634F.jpeg
    51B930CD-417D-4D26-A6DF-E015EF7E634F.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 2,533
  • E63722B7-8BED-4293-A964-7B28ED79816E.jpeg
    E63722B7-8BED-4293-A964-7B28ED79816E.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 2,581
Reactions: Miss World
Just got my small Marmont flap on soft rose from Saks online. Totally loving the leather color but totally hating the tarnish hardware! I have 2 belts with gold tone double G logo and they both look much better than this bag logo! I feel like online stores mail in the “rejected” stuff! So bummed! Is this normal forflap bag logo to look like this? ( looks better from afar but close up is the REAL look) Help!

Hi , is this the same color as the porcelain rose or nude ? Does it come with a Gucci dust bag ? Im contemplating on getting this one from saks but not sure of the color. Tia.

Hi , is this the same color as the porcelain rose or nude ? Does it come with a Gucci dust bag ? Im contemplating on getting this one from saks but not sure of the color. Tia.
Yes it’s the same. I talked to a Gucci SA at Saks and he said Gucci Marmont flap bags have one shade of nude/neutral/rose - they all are same color but different retailers name it differently. I love the color ( it’s same as Chase Amie ‘s) but not sure if hardware is supposed to look raggedy like this or it’s just this particular piece:sad:

All the different names for this color can be confusing. I got mine from Nordstrom a few months ago and it was called pink/white. The photo looked like the nude but when I called customer service they said it was a pinky white. I’m glad I ordered it though because it turned out to be the porcelain rose nude color.

Is your logo hardware dark and looks as if it has black ‘specks’ or a layer of Smokey tarnish on it? I understand that is supposed to look antique but mine looks as if it has “gathered black oily dust in the cracks” - really old and dirty:sad:. Should I keep it? I like the color and love the Marmont style, and so bummed because this bag is unavailable in most stores and even online it’s hard to find.

Reactions: ConcertsAndBags

View attachment 3924573 View attachment 3924574 View attachment 3924575 View attachment 3924577

They’ll refund you if they don’t have one in store. Their policy is 60 days I believe.

Hi may i know what color is your marmont
I purchased the mini black velvet before and the hardware has that dirty look..

Is your logo hardware dark and looks as if it has black ‘specks’ or a layer of Smokey tarnish on it? I understand that is supposed to look antique but mine looks as if it has “gathered black oily dust in the cracks” - really old and dirty:sad:. Should I keep it? I like the color and love the Marmont style, and so bummed because this bag is unavailable in most stores and even online it’s hard to find.
rece

Discovered this on my bag today, I am so devastated. What's the best way to treat it so the peeling doesn't get worse Must've scratched it on something, I'm usually so careful.

I would take it to Gucci and see what they say. But I have same bag as yours in red and scuffed it against the stucco wall at my house. I actually just rubbed it with my finger and some apple conditioner and now you can barely see it.

Yes it’s the same. I talked to a Gucci SA at Saks and he said Gucci Marmont flap bags have one shade of nude/neutral/rose - they all are same color but different retailers name it differently. I love the color ( it’s same as Chase Amie ‘s) but not sure if hardware is supposed to look raggedy like this or it’s just this particular piece:sad:

Thank you for your reply. Does this come in a gucci dust bag ? Thanks again .