Get to know your fellow Tano-ites!

Hi all, my name is Sooki and I'm 34. I'm a mom to a 2-1/2 little girl and work at home as a graphic designer/full time mom. It's a tough job!! but I love every minute of it. I'm an LA transplant now residing in the inland Northwest (WA). I first discovered TPF when I was obsessed with LV. That obsession is long gone and I haven't been in that subforum in a very loooong time.

Just recently I've been searching for a quality leather bag which doesn't cost an arm and a leg. When I stumbled across Tano, I was hooked to the wide array of bright beautiful colors and the styles seemed to fit my personality as well. Can't forget the affordable price too!!! love that part! I can honestly say that I don't think I can ever get bored with Tano. Thank you for coming into my life!!! :wlae:

Gosh I never posted here. Hey guys, I'm Kris/Kristine. I'm 36 years old, single and am a Nurse Educator for an adult medical ICU. I've pretty much lived in Northern California my entire life. Lived in San Francisco for a couple of years but ended up returning to the Central Valley where all of my family is. I've always loved handbags and accessories but for a long time I admired them from afar, fearful of spending more than $60 on a purse. "Save and invest" is what my Japanese parents had always taught me (Yea that's great mom and dad, but I like to say that "All work and no play turns Kris into a bitter purse hag"). Then one day I crossed over into expensive purses with a Kate Spade, shortly followed by a Coach patchwork and a LV petite Bucket. While searching for a unique/different purse I came across the Purse Forum and a giveaway for a Belen Echandia Love Me Mini. I registered in order to enter the giveaway and ended up buying my "gateway" purse into TPF (a chocolate BE LMM). Then one day while perusing the general handbag forum I found a Tano thread, found myself very much intrigued by Voodoo's blueprint blue Boogie. So here I am, a confessed handbag junkie.
My friends will tell you that I am a realist, that when you need a reality check I'm the gal to talk to. I cannot live in a fantasy world, everything to me is very concrete. I also tend to be bluntly honest in my opinions which surprises people. My handwriting is also something that people comment about- I am known at work as the one with the "strange handwriting" (my handwriting is very blocky with a lot of connections between the letters and am often asked "How did you learn to write like that?" Learn? That's just how I write and have always written. Heck, I can read it just fine.

Well, I guess I should officially introduce myself!

I'm Victoria (or Tori or Vicki, depending on who I'm with). I'm 37 and became a stay at home mom to my 6 year old DS about a year ago, after working in finance for almost 14 years. I live in Northern New Jersey, in a suburb of NYC, a few miles north of the George Washington Bridge. I grew up in NY, then went to NYU, so I've basically been a city girl my entire life.

I spend a lot of time volunteering at DS's school and just started training to become a yoga teacher.

My bag obsession began in college, around 1990 or so, when I fell in love with Coach, back when Coach was relatively inexpensive and the bags were unlined - I still have the first Coach bag I bought, a black tote bag. The Coach love continued for many years, and then a couple of years ago I stumbled upon TPF. Oh wow, I realized I wasn't alone with my closets full of bags, which was a good thing, but the enabling was very bad, lol. I became obsessed with Balenciaga (very bad for the wallet), bought a couple of Kooba bags, Rebecca Minkoff, and even a Tano. Then life got really crazy and I ventured away from tPF, but continued with the Coach obsession - those 25% off coupons every few months are great!

Every now and then I would lurk around tPF, especially when I got emails from the MHB mailing list. Finally, the Tano bug hit really hard and I broke down and ordered a couple of bags from MHB. And since then, I've been Tano obsessed and buying way more bags than I should!

I'm Jamie. I'm 27. I'm a lawyer who works for the court system and I adore my job because I dabble in all areas of the law. I was born and raised in Northern California, but I live in Central California now. I found tPF when I was living in Alaska for a year and realized that there were no stores with good handbags anywhere in the state and I need to talk purses with someone who didn't think I was crazy for wanting to march around outside with the moose and bears.

I have been bag obsessed for a good part of my life. I think that I bought my first bag at 13. I've had up to 50 bags at once, but I have cleaned out my closet over the last year and I'm down to almost 30 or so. I started with Coach, but I fell in love with LV -- particularly the Epi line -- and I've stuck with that ever since. I was into Rebecca Minkoff, but I've been disappointed by the quality of her bags and her customer service, so I've gotten rid of most of them.

I found Tano because I was searching for a shoulder bag and someone recommended that I try a Boogie. I have weird, sloping shoulders and most shoulder bags just slide right off of my shoulder. But the Boogie is absolutely perfect and I'm in LOVE with it. Plus, I adore all of the bright colors that the Boogie comes in. Currently I have 2 Boogies and a Postage Tramp, but I'm already plotting how to get more Boogies into my closet.

A few quick facts -- I read obsessively (about 200-300 books a year) and I'll read (or start reading) anything that I haven't read before. Two of my three undergraduate degrees are in music history and music performance (voice) and I still try to stay involved in performing music as much as I can. I love classical music and always find it fun when I am (seemingly) the youngest person in the audience at a classical music recital or opera performance. I adore Sci-Fi and Fantasy -- love Star Wars, Star Trek, Firefly, and I did play D&D when I was younger.

Okay, that's probably more than y'all wanted to know...

I'm Karin...I'm 39....I work in the District Attorney's Office on the DTF...I'm a divorced mom with two DDs....I have to admit that for the past several years, I haven't really cared that much about bags.... Back in my younger days, I had a couple nice bags, a Coach (I still have - old-style leather caramel color small bucket bag) and a Gucci. For the past few years I have rotated between two Sak bags, both of which I bought off the sale table.... It's my oldest DDs obsession that got me into the bags again. She is Coach Crazy! But she got a Pom Shopper for Christmas from her aunt and I fell in love with it. (I still so want a Shopper but Im gonna be good and wait...) I started small and bought a Grape Three Fer and have since gotten a Mandarin Boogie and a Blueberry French Nanny. I spend my days working and then coming home to cart kids around everywhere only to start again the next day. I'm a TV junkie. I love Ghost Hunters...haha...I'm sucha dork, but I own it, so all is good!!

I'm Letia. I'm a member of the Yahoo Babybags group and they have a love for leather. I heard some chatter about a Tano SB and I thought they were vulgar! :nuts: Now I own one and my girlfriends at church like to tell everyone what I'm carrying. We outfit the bags with accessories from other diaper bag companies to convert them to our needs; but, be stylish. My baby is almost 4 1/2 so I'm not carrying much these days but snacks and first aid. Once I got this bag and its gorgeous stylish look (rasp SB) I felt like I had grown up! I recently got a PL chicklit for Valentines and I'm shopping around for a PL boogie for Mother's Day!

I have been around on and off for a while, but never posted in this thread.

My name is Valerie...I am 24. I grew up in Northern NJ about 10 miles from Manhattan and I now live in Southern NJ about 10 miles from Philadelphia.

I graduated from college in May 06...and have been working at a small marketing company since Aug 06. I now hate my job lol and really need a new one.

I am also a self-published author of a young adult book. It was a fun project, I was not trying to get rich off of it. Some people make fun of SPAs, but I am not ashamed, I am proud.

I have a wonderful new boyfriend in my life who treats me so much better than all my ex-ones.

I have great friends and family. I love dining out, drinks with the girls, day trips to Atlantic City/NYC/Philly, shopping of course, travel, the jersey shore, amusement parks and just trying anything new.

I am really Italian and love eating lol.

When I first came to the site I had a collection of mostly Coach and Michael Kors with a random Fendi and Lovcat thrown in here and there.

Then I fell head over heels for RM. Then after buying two RMs I realized the price tag was not good for my age and income level (even though I am still in love). Then I saw the Tano SexBomb and said "Oh great, now I am obsessed with something else...only to discover how reasonable it was!

I really love the price of Tano. I now have 3 Tanos. And am thinking of buying numbers 4 and 5 this year lol.

In this economy, I don't think i can afford the $300-$700 bags anymore too often. I think the fact that Tano offers designer quality in the $200 range is awesome. I also LOVVVEEE the colors and the fact that because the price is low, you don't have to be scared to try a wild color.