Get to know your fellow Tano-ites!

beeb

O.G.
May 29, 2008
So I've borrowed this idea from another SF. Tell us a bit about yourself!
Your first name and age (if you feel comfortable), your location, how you found tPF and what first drew you to TANO? Add anything you want, like what your first TANO was, your thoughts on the brand, other brands you're into, etc.

My name is Sara, I'm 26 and I live in NYC. I first heard of tPF on another forum and I almost fainted when I realized that there was an entire message board JUST for bags! :faint: I go through a lot of phases, but I always love bags. :heart:

What drew me to TANO is probably the same thing that drew a lot of people; incredible colors & funky styles! I was actually surprised to find that a brand I liked was within my price range too. My first TANO was an Avocado French Nanny (this month, haha) followed within a day by the Grape Shopper and a Truffle Minilisa! I love them all equally. :tender:

I'm not really into other handbag brands largely because the only other one I know that interests me a bit, HH, is not feasible for me right now. But it's mainly because I haven't found any other brand that fits my style as much as TANO does!

Everyone else......?

I'm PA - I'm 36, mother of 5 (all teenagers but one), I live on the east coast, near the beach :tup: I'm a military wife - I work in the auto industry :tdown: which really sucks because I have NO females here at work to gab about purses with!

I found tPF when I was on ebay once purse shopping and one of the sellers mentioned she was a member of tPF ... so I looked into it and COULD NOT believe there was this wonderful forum out there that talked about ALL kinds of purses! :faint: Since finding this site - my purse collection has grown.

Before tPF - I owned a Coach, Chanel and an LV. Since tPF .. I expanded that to another Chanel, another LV, 2 LV agendas, two Koobas, a Hayden Harnett, Coach wristlet and a few other that I can't remember off the top of my head. I've sold the majority of those though while on the search for a high quality leather bag that wouldn't have to be babied. Which I think I found in Tano!!

My first Tano was a Lawn Green Amanda Playwith which I bought partly because of TK's post of hers and the post of another Tano-ite which had some kind of bag in the Lawn Green color. It was love at first site and I've been a fan since. I've acquired the ruby LRC since ... and hope that my Tano collection will grow.

On my off time - I play catch up and rarely have quality me time. One of my loves is online gaming (world of warcraft) which I haven't been able to do much of because I've been so exhausted in the evenings. :crybaby: Yet .. I always find time to get to tPF - go figure.

Oh .. and I love Tanos!!!!!!!! I wish I could buy all the ones I want right this minute ... I need to ask my boss for a raise :P just to fund my purse addiction.

I love these they are so fun!

--------------------------------------------------

My name is Knasarae. It's pronounced Na-zuh-ray. I was actually named after Jesus of Nazareth (my father is a pastor). People made fun of me growing up but I love my name....especially my silent K. I think it's the coolest name on the planet. :P I'm 28 and three-quarters...I will be 29 two days after Christmas (yes, it sucks, lol). And I'm super excited about turning 30 next year...30 is the new 20! I live in Dayton...which I loathe. The cost of living is very reasonable but there is absolutely nothing to do here and nowhere to shop. UPS, Fedex and USPS deliver to my house on a weekly basis. BF knows them by name. :wtf: I am a self-proclaimed nerd and technology junkie. If I'm not shopping for bags or sneakers I am reading up on the latest technology. I'm also known to most people as a go-to girl...kinda like Morgan Freeman in Shawshank Redemption. :P

I found TPF at the end of 2006 when I became obsessed with Tokidoki bags. I lurked for several months and finally joined when I started discovering other brands. I went from Tokidoki to Louis Vuitton. Then when I started figuring out my own personal style (before 2006 I only had two bags, one black one brown....shocking!) I started branching out into other brands. Between discovering new brands and the price increases/poor CS of LV I started selling off my Louis' for things that fit me better. I was strictly LAMB for quite a while but then I started getting into leather bags and I prefer my LAMBs in the coated canvas line.

I came across Tano threads here and there but never really looked into the brand for two reasons. 1- The price point was lower than bags I was used to purchasing so I didn't think they would be good quality. 2 - Crunch leather tends to photograph very shiny so I didn't think I would like it. Once you guys got a SF I peeked in a few times when I was bored and when I saw the Lawn colored crunch leather and heard everyone's glowing reviews of the brand I decided to give it a try. I've been hooked ever since...in fact I'm carrying my Lawn Boogie today!

Now I think I have a really nice mix of several brands that I really like. I still have one LV bag and a few pochettes. I have a couple Rebecca Minkoffs...though I may sell one, not sure yet. My largest two collections now are LAMB and Tano. LAMB satisfies my more structured tastes (and is great on rainy days) while Tano satisfies my leather habit.

Wow, didn't mean to ramble so much, lol. Can't wait to see everyone else's responses!

I'm denise, I'm 22, and I live in New Mexico now but lived in Brooklyn, NY until September 07. I'm a buyer and reseller of American Indian art and I love my job :biggrin:

I'm also the tPF antichrist as I am not a fan of LV or Chanel. I love Tano because I love color!

I'm denise, I'm 22, and I live in New Mexico now but lived in Brooklyn, NY until September 07. I'm a buyer and reseller of American Indian art and I love my job :biggrin:

I'm also the tPF antichrist as I am not a fan of LV or Chanel. I love Tano because I love color!

Oohh.... I love the sound of your job. I love American Indian art!!!

Hey there! I'm Kat, 36, mom of 2 little boys (a three and a half and a 10 month old). I'm from Ontario, Canada. Right now, I'm on my maternity leave and will be going back to work in November.

I honestly don't remember how I found this forum, I signed up about a year ago, but didn't really get into it until last month. Since then, I've become even more addicted to buying bags! :wacko: I started just browsing the different brands that caught my eye. Before Tano, I was lurking around the RM forum and bought myself a black mam. This is the first time I spent so much on a bag! (Felt really gulity about it!). Before that, I've just been into Kate Spade and Coach. As soon as I entered the Tano forum though, I was hooked! There are just so many great styles and colors to choose from! I bought my first tano (showgirl in pom) but even before I got it, I already changed my mind. I'm kinda picky and change my mind frequently. So when I did finally receive it 2 days ago, I wasn't so thrilled about it. I have sent it back for exchange and got the LRC in Amethyst and also bought a grape boogie. I am so intrigued with the boogie since everyone is raving about it. I hope I will love it as much as I think I would. I also have a black glitterati on the way, and a Hayden Harnett Pilot Clutch in violet coming soon. I honestly feel kinda bad about spending so much on bags now, esp. since I'm currently not working. :wtf: So I will really try and behave now and stop buying these bags! I really don't need them all! But it's just so tempting! There is another one I am so tempted to pre-order, but I am gonna have to really control myself now. :s

I'm Linda. I may be the oldest person here at 55. I have three adult sons, none of whom live anywhere near me, but they all turned out well. I would dearly love a daughter-in-law with a bag fixation, but so far the boys are too busy trying to conquer the world or whatever it is they are doing in Atlanta, Chicago and London. I recently married again and live with my husband just outside Philadelphia. Before moving here and becoming the happy suburbanite, I was an airport executive in the Midwest, and prior to that I was in regional government, public relations, and medical writing. I currently make bag money by writing science fiction and fantasy novels and short stories.

I have two enduring loves: leather and bags. I found tPF when doing a little research into where I could find Prada near my new digs. I felt at home! At last, people who understood me! I've owned so many bag brands over the years, it's hard to remember them all. I went through my LV and Chanel periods, and still have some of those. I love BV and a lone Gucci I bought several years ago. Lots of vintage Coach, less of the new. Mostly I buy bags, not brands, I love and own a RM (but haven't found another I love enough to buy), Andrew Marc, Balenciaga, a few HHs, Elizabeth Bayu, and of course Tano.

My first Tano was a Magic Hairdo, which I didn't love, so I returned it. I tried again with the Sex Bomb and Boogie, and was hooked. I love Tano for the price point, the colors and the fun casual styles.

I also like this Tano community. It's very friendly! As anyone else from the Midwest will tell you, that's something we folk from there value highly. :yes:

Michele here. I live about an hour NW of Philadelphia. I hit the big 5-0 this year, so I am not too far behind you Linda! I have a daughter in her third year at UVA (six hours away, miss her like mad!), and another daughter a senior in HS, so I will be an empty nester in less than a year and certainly have mixed emotions about that. I have been in computers for 24 years and HATE them, so after being the network administrator for my church (one of the largest Presbyterian churches in the US) for the last 10 years, I am calling it quits for a new profession. I have no idea what that may be at this point, but I am open to anything...

I found Tanos on ebay, when searching for "lime green purse!" I googled them, checked them out for months, found this forum, and finally purchased a French Nanny and Boogie in July. I have since added three more Boogies, so you could say I have Boogie Fever!!!!!! It's my favorite Tano and I don't think I will purchase anything else, but the Ready Steady and Available Next Week look interesting. They better not stop making the Boogie or I will be ill!

Everyone here is so nice, and it's a pleasant respite to visit a few times a day. And special thanks to TE for putting up with all of us!

Last edited:
I'm Sharon. I'm 48 years old and live in Huntsville, Alabama. I've been married for 20 years but have no children. I have a degree in psychology but should've gotten one in music. I went to college on music scholarships but get physically ill any time performing alone so that made the music degree kind of impossible for me. I play trumpet, french horn and sing alto. Right now I sing in several groups and teach a 1st/2nd grade children's choir at Church. There are around 50 kids in that class. It's a lot of fun. I haven't worked in several years and just enjoy doing volunteer work. My husband is an engineer along with most everybody else in this town! I found purse forum just surfing around one night. I've always had a love for bags. I have probably over 200 and just can't seem to sell them. I do give away a lot to my sister, mother and friends. I love the really high end bags but cannot ever make myself go higher than around $500. Most of my bags I enjoy hunting down on sale at department stores or TJMaxx or Marshalls. The thrill of the hunt is most of it for me so I don't do much buying online. I love Tanos best right now and don't see that changing. I have a lot of AWL Dooneys and a few Coachs (don't like the logo stuff much), Cole Haan, Junior Drake, Donald J. Pliner, Brahmin, Hobo International and a lot of the beautiful Italian stuff you find at TJM and Marshalls. I love it in this subforum and find myself here several times a day. Oh, and right now I have 18 Tanos and 1 Chicklit wallet.:smile:

Hey Everyone! My name is Karen and I also live in NYC. 30 and recently married. I'm not really into the big brand names although I do love Ferragamo and Chanel. Price however is beyond ridiculous. I was googeling bags or tano and saw TE's link which then brought me here = bliss. I'm glad to hear Tano is a reputable brand and the colors/prices are TDF. I've recently pre-ordered braroque beauty in sapphire and another blue bag from anthropolgie but now i'm really considering the tribal master if both don't work out.

My name is Jana (pronounced like Janna) and I'm 20, I think I'm the baby of the group haha. I live in NJ and I'm a student.. sports marketing major. I found tPF one day googling purse reviews or something like that and was lurking in the general handbags sections when I saw someone mention Tano in one of the threads. So I came here and fell in love with the colorsss! I have a grape french nanny and a truffle minilisa coming :smile:. I also have some Coach and Michael Kors and other random brands; I'm more into styles and colors than brand names. But right now I'm very content with Tano!

I'm loving this thread it's so neat to find out about everyone.

I'm Laura or "TK" and I'm 25 years old. I was born and raised in Wisconsin until two years ago when I moved to Colorado to attend graduate school. I'm going to be a high school science teacher when all is said and done and hopefully get my PhD in education at some point in my life.

I'm excessively busy with three part-time jobs (coaching gymnastics, program coordinator for Upward Bound Math/Science and teaching two college Earth science labs) and working on two degrees (Master's in Earth science and a post-bac in secondary education). However, I love tpf and use it as a procrastination tool when I don't want to do my homework or while I'm eating lunch or what not ;)! I love Tano, I love this subforum, I love the diverse ages we have and yet Tano brings us all together. SO totally fun and I'm so thankful to have found TPF although my bank account hates me sometimes ;)!

I found TPF when I was reading an article about some really expensive crocodile, diamond bag and Megs had a review on it or something. Luckily I found it too because at that same time I had ordered a Chanel from ebay and it seemed a little too cheap when I got it... I was able to read all the authentication stuff and find out it was fake. Luckily, the sellers were really nice and didn't know it was fake... they took a return and I got all my money back.

I am totally into Coach and Tano... I have a few dooney pieces as well. I have never paid full price for any Coach or Dooney item though ;) and I found Tanos on the handbag and purses forum here at TPF. My first tano was a pearl streetwalker which I fell in love with from marnay's pictures! My collection is now pretty big and I don't plan to stop anytime soon!!!

Most of you know my name is Nickie. I live south of the Dallas/Fort Worth area in the great State of Texas!

I have one daughter who is the light of my life and the reason I get up in the morning. She's my living, breathing proof of God.

I am a lazy drunk meaning that if I wasn't so lazy I'd be at the liquor store buying booze all the time but I'm too lazy to go. So I stay sober pretty much all the time.

I enjoy awesome handbags by Tano and filling up my shopping cart on MHB to see what it would cost to buy exactly what I wanted each day.

I like playing devil's advocate with people and if I am pulling up to Starbucks and I see someone coming toward the drive thru in the opposite direction I hit the gas as hard as I can so they can't get in front of me.

My favorite foods are anything dripping with grease.

I drink water all day long and I really dislike soda pop.

Thoroughbred race horses were (and are) the first love of my life and being near them and watching them gives me chills. Many times they've moved me to tears.

If I had to pick three songs to be my theme music I'd pick "It's Not Unusual" by Tom Jones, "You've Gotta Fight For Your Right To Party" by Beastie Boys, and "Master of Puppets" by Metallica.

I won't let my husband take me to scary/bloody/gory movies but when he's not around I watch them and then have horrible nightmares.

I spent a lot of time in detention in high school for smoking in the parking lot.

I met Hub on a local dial up BBS playing a text based Dungeons & Dragons game called Major MUD. We used to have weekly get togethers and we'd all drink and dance and make mayhem. At one of these get togethers I won a body shots contest with a friend of mine named Cindy. I still have the t-shirt.

I had my daughter at home with a midwife and the first person to ever lay hands on my daughter was my mom.

I am a rabid hockey fan and live and breathe for the Dallas Stars each year.

My driver's license has googlie eyes super glued to them over my eyes and it has gotten me out of two tickets.