Get to know your fellow Tano-ites!

Hi everyone. I loved reading everyone's posts-we have a nice bunch of people here in the Tano subforum! I feel like I've been out of the loop for a few weeks....I started frequenting the Wardrobe section of the forum for a change of scenery, then back over to LV (where I started when I joined TPF) and back to check on the new purchases, etc. so I haven't had a chance to reply to this thread. I don't want you to think I don't want you to 'get to know me' lol!

Ok, here goes: my name is Antonia (or Toni), I'm 40 (eek). My job is not exciting like some of yours but I've been in the insurance business for 20 years...I know, boring, huh?? I work in a small tourist town that I love. My boyfriend and I have been together almost 9 years now. We have a Yorkie named Lucky-he's 4. I have no children but I just became an auntie in July for the 1st time-a girl-she's going to have the best handbag collection someday thanks to her auntie!! I discovered Tano by Googling leather handbags and found thier official site, clicked on the link for on line stores and found MHB long before ordering my first bag. I found TPF also Googling handbags of some brand. When I first discovered TPF I couldn't beleive there were more peope out there like me who shallowly obsess over bags!!! :wlae:

Although I do check up on other designer threads, the Tano SF will always be my favorite and it's because of all of you! :heart: If I don't check on everyone here at least once a day I'm always wondering who bought what and what's new, etc. so I can never stay away for too long. Ok so that's it, if I think of something else I meant to add in, I'll post again but I just wanted to say hello to my fellow Tano-ites! :woohoo:

Cheers friends... I'm Katherine.... I'll turn 50 in linear-time next year, though in attitudinal-time I'm still in my early 30s. I'm the director of a new media studio/lab and professor of new media and fine arts at a gorgeous old university in a scenic small collegetown nested in the foothills of the Appalachians. I was raised in San Francisco, and have moved every 4-6 years of my adult life (first, for my ex-husbands education and career, and then for my own)

I have no children, but I do have 3 amazing cats (Phinney, Coco and Murray), a charming Australian Shepherd (Ernie), and artists...... dozens of them. I've somehow crafted my life to serve as a sort of godmother to creative types - which I enjoy more than my own creative life.

My love for handbags is sort of an organic outgrowth of an appreciation for quality handcraft. I found tPF through Bag, Borrow or Steal (somehow)... likely from some research that I was doing about a bag or designer. I'm caring for bags by Jimmy Choo, Carlos Falchi, KANE, the Magnes Sisters, Coach, and Donald J. Pliner. My first two Tano's should arrive by the weeks end...... a green crunch leather Camera Ready messenger bag, and a Ruby velvet leather Cooped Up tote. I love the style, quality and price of Tanos. You all have taught me so much about this amazing line.

Oh! I also have a fantastic BF of the last 2-years who is (like that of a couple others here) a former Special Forces man.... and is a ton younger than me. When I'm not stalking a new handbag find, I can be found playing either EverQuest where I have a level 65 Necromancer, or World of Warcraft where I have a level 60 Hunter, or teaching a course in Second Life.

Thanks for directing me here, TK! It's a pleasure to meet all of you and find out I am not alone in my handbag problem.
Voodoo--you are a serious hoot. I have a great/best friend who is from Austin, Tx and you sound like her (also named Nikki!). My hub wrote a country
song for her that sounds like you and her combined! I also am afraid of anything scary, including (sad to say) haunted houses at Halloween time. I'm a
wimp. I need googlie eyes on my driver's license.

I am Cha or Cha Cha. The Weed is a joke about my last name and a nickname for my beloved and departed chow chow.
I reside in the high-power, high-pressure, workaholic world of Washington, DC, but am originally from northern Cal. Sometimes my style and Dc's don't jive at all.

I'm trying to recover from my Tano addiction, but it isn't going well.

I've developed an RM addiction which is even worse.

I got married a month ago and we spent our honeymoon pretty much on horseback in New Mexico. I was in heaven.

Opening a Tano box from MHB or an RM from Luna Boston is almost as good.

I'm really excited to have a forum to visit and like TK, use to avoid 'real' work.

Looking forward to more chatting about the things that make my heart pound hard.

YAY ChaCha!!!! I'm afraid of scary stuff too... including roller coasters (weird since I was a gymnast! and haunted houses.. I'm just afraid of people/characters jumping out at me... I HATE THAT! :cursing:)

Congrats on the recent marriage!!!

Hey TK,

Exactly! The jumping is a major issue. I was out with some friends and they were like, "let's go do a haunted house". I was ashamed to say "I'm over 30 and I'm scared of things that say boo". Fortunately the conversation turned. I saw 15 minutes of The 6th Sense and made my now-hub sleep with the lights on for 6 months. I don't do scary very well at all.

Oh wow, I'm not quite that bad because I will watch almost any "scary" movie and as long as it isn't super gory it doesn't bother me at all. But things jumping out at me or stuff that is creepy-crawly or feels gross............... I absolutely cannot handle lol!

Thanks for the welcome! I think part of the scary movie fear might be because I have lived in a couple of seemingly haunted houses and so I have actual fears that these things might be real, instead of just movie-magic...the idea of people/spirits being 'stuck' really really bothers me.

On a happy note, I took a bunch of pics, yay! and am going to try to upload them. yay!

Okay, so I'm not that savvy when it comes to uploading stuff (I love the smiley, gohogs!) so I may have to wait for hub to come home and help me....just what he loves to do, take time away from his baseball forum to help me with purses. Oh well. For better or worse or boring things you have no interest in.

Hey there,

Here is the family photo--I will also post in family photos:

IMG_0722-Small.jpg

Another shot of the Sexbomb quartet (two Jetsetters, one Concrete Blondie and the newbie Sable Brown!!)

IMG_0723-Small.jpg

Another shot of the non-sexbombs.

IMG_0724-Small.jpg

Cha Cha, I posted in the other thread that I especially like your Miss Whoever You R and I like the Jet Setter that looks khaki, is it actually greener than it looks? Of course I love all of them but those are the ones that "jump out" at me!