George Clooney

I love her looks and thought she looked spectacular in the AFI tribute. But no surprise, she has the kind of looks I like. We all have our preferences.

As for George, I remember him in "Sisters" way back when. I thought what a hunk (long curly black hair), too bad he can't act. Then he did ER where he was fine but outshined by Anthony Edwards. The success of ER propelled his movie career. I think his acting improved a lot along the way. He's no Pacino or deNiro, but he is way more than adequate in whatever I've seen of his. He's done a lot of serious stuff where he relies on more than his charm.

Reactions: sdkitty
did anyone watch the AFI tribute to George last night?
toward the end Amal got up and spoke. She was articulate and heartfelt. She got a standing ovation for talking about her husband (not sure why).
After seeing this, my opinion of her hasn't changed. She's smart and has common humanitarian interests with him. She's a catch in that way. They seem happy and have the two kids. Good for them.
I think IRL she would be striking because of her height. She has nice hair. But I don't find her beautiful in the face. Which is fine. She has all that other stuff going for her. I'm just tired of hearing her described as stunning.

I found Amal C's speech. She is a good speaker. I am not a fan of these shows though. I am prejudiced. There are so many people who give up so much more to help others. They are the ones we never hear about and IMHO do the most good

I would hope so. She is a barrister after all -- specializing in human rights and international criminal law.

Reactions: momtok
He's done a lot of serious stuff where he relies on more than his charm.
I can't help thinking that because he is so likeable, people appreciate when he does a more serous role, although it is a role that anyone in Hollywood could do. It's just finally he made an effort and people give him props for that.

So still a non-actor, in my books. lol

Reactions: MizGemma
George Clooney is the highest-paid male actor of 2018, even though he didn't appear in a film.
  • Instead, he has the $1 billion sale of his Casamigos tequila to thank for his $239 million pay cheque.
  • This figure knocked former highest-paid actor Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson into second place.

The 57-year-old earned $239 million between June 1 2017 and June 1 2018, making him the highest-paid actor on Forbes' list despite the fact he hasn't featured in a film since 2016's "Money Monster."

Instead, his position is mostly thanks to the $1 billion sale of his tequila brand Casamigos to drinks giant Diageo in June last year, according to Forbes, as well as additional earnings from endorsements and older movies.

The actor and two friends founded Casamigos, one of the fastest-growing tequila brands in the world, in 2013. When Business Insider spoke to Rande Gerber, Clooney's business partner, in March 2017, he said the idea came about "by accident," and that money was never the reason for launching the brand.

In an email to CNBC last June, Clooney said: "If you asked us four years ago if we had a billion dollar company, I don't think we would have said yes. This reflects Diageo's belief in our company and our belief in Diageo. But we're not going anywhere. We'll still be very much a part of Casamigos. Starting with a shot tonight. Maybe two."

Elsewhere on Forbes' list, The Rock came in second place banking $124 million in the same period, followed by Robert Downey Jr. at $81 million.

https://www.businessinsider.com/george-clooney-highest-paid-actor-because-of-tequila-2018-8

I can't help thinking that because he is so likeable, people appreciate when he does a more serous role, although it is a role that anyone in Hollywood could do. It's just finally he made an effort and people give him props for that.

So still a non-actor, in my books. lol
He still has those good looks. If he's now the richest actor around that counts for a lot in Hollywood too. I still think he's a mediocre actor.