George Clooney

did anyone watch the AFI tribute to George last night?
toward the end Amal got up and spoke. She was articulate and heartfelt. She got a standing ovation for talking about her husband (not sure why).
After seeing this, my opinion of her hasn't changed. She's smart and has common humanitarian interests with him. She's a catch in that way. They seem happy and have the two kids. Good for them.
I think IRL she would be striking because of her height. She has nice hair. But I don't find her beautiful in the face. Which is fine. She has all that other stuff going for her. I'm just tired of hearing her described as stunning.

toward the end Amal got up and spoke. She was articulate and heartfelt. She got a standing ovation for talking about her husband (not sure why).
After seeing this, my opinion of her hasn't changed. She's smart and has common humanitarian interests with him. She's a catch in that way. They seem happy and have the two kids. Good for them.
I think IRL she would be striking because of her height. She has nice hair. But I don't find her beautiful in the face. Which is fine. She has all that other stuff going for her. I'm just tired of hearing her described as stunning.

giphy.gif

I am probably the only one who thinks she is really pretty.

From my very far away observation, I do not know what she sees in him. She seems more intelligent and more sophisticated. He could be Einstein for all I know. It's just my impression. He's looked a bit wasted at award shows in the past, which is a big turn off to me. I do not think he's a great actor either. He's mediocre compared to Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro.

I am probably the only one who thinks she is really pretty.

From my very far away observation, I do not know what she sees in him. She seems more intelligent and more sophisticated. He could be Einstein for all I know. It's just my impression. He's looked a bit wasted at award shows in the past, which is a big turn off to me. I do not think he's a great actor either. He's mediocre compared to Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro.
He's not Einstein, nor is he an attorney. And he's not the greatest actor of all time. I used to love Pacino and Deniro but to me, Al Pacino became a scenery chewer later in life.
But George Clooney has directed and produced some good movies as well as acting. And he has done quite a bit in the way of humanitarian work.
So he's older than his wife but they have common interests and she gets to live a very nice lifestyle. She also seems to enjoy the limelight very much.

I think his next move might be to eventually do something in politics and she is the best asset he could have. To me she outshines him in every way. She is smart, dedicated to her job and knows how to work a room. She herself can make more of a impact in the political scene then him. She also seems to love the attention of being famous.

Reactions: momtok and bisousx
I did hear he wanted to run for Governor of California. If Amal is the power behind him, then yes. Otherwise, I don't think so.

I still think his acting is just ok. A younger actor who has been great in stuff I've seen him in is Adam Driver. If you compare Driver to Clooney, Clooney is mediocre.

I forgot he produced and directed some movies. Again, these were just ok to me. To each her own!

Reactions: Grande Latte
She also seems to enjoy the limelight very much.
Agree. She loves the attention.

A few years ago, she was in here in Canada because she was part of a team that took on some Canadian (only when it suited him) case. I watched the coverage, because they called her Mrs Clooney and it got my attention.

She appeared in a white suit, while the rest of the lawyers wore very dark. Her hair was down and she kept adjusting it. I couldn't take my eyes off her and I think that's what she wanted.

She lost the case, what else is new.

• Haha
Reactions: purseinsanity
Agree. She loves the attention.

A few years ago, she was in here in Canada because she was part of a team that took on some Canadian (only when it suited him) case. I watched the coverage, because they called her Mrs Clooney and it got my attention.

She appeared in a white suit, while the rest of the lawyers wore very dark. Her hair was down and she kept adjusting it. I couldn't take my eyes off her and I think that's what she wanted.

She lost the case, what else is new.
I hope she is sincere when it comes to the work she does. Interesting what you said. When I said she likes the attention, I was thinking more about being with George at events, being photographed in her fashion choices, etc. If you didn't see that AFI award show you might find it interesting to watch and hear her speech.

I hope she is sincere when it comes to the work she does. Interesting what you said. When I said she likes the attention, I was thinking more about being with George at events, being photographed in her fashion choices, etc. If you didn't see that AFI award show you might find it interesting to watch and hear her speech.

I will try to find it and listen. I always hope women who get ahead in life using their intelligence do the right thing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Mrs Clooney!