gah! why don't buyers read the return policies!!

I wouldn't accept the return either. To me, her response is bullying and I feel strongly that the Ebay community should not be a place where feedback is used as a veiled threat simply so people can escape their obligations. I would be willing to take this to Paypal if that is the route she chooses to pursue because she has revealed herself to be a somewhat aggressive and careless buyer. I understand the fear that you might lose, but I doubt you will and for me, that fear would come second to the overwhelming feeling that this woman is flouting every rule in the Ebay book about transactions and has zero insight into her effect on other people.

Ok girls, you've convinced me not to roll over one this one.

I haven't sent this yet, I want to make sure I didn't miss anything

Here's what I'm thinking of sending to her, anything you would add or delete??

I'm sorry, but I'm not accepting a return on this. You are admitting that you chose not to follow my return policies and then you chose to threaten me, which I don't appreciate. I was very nice, I did everything you asked for in getting you the extra dimensions, and you have taken advantage of my niceness. You read all of my policies and chose to ignore them. No return allowed, sorry.

What do you think? Thanks for everyones help!

Sounds good to me Court - you go girl! I think I might just change 'the you chose to threaten me' to 'send messages that I found somewhat aggressive'.

Then again, I am English and we struggle to tell it like it is!

Wow, of all the responses I might have predicted, +ve feedback and apparently calm acceptance of your position was not one of them. Whilst I am really happy for you Court if this does go away after rightly sticking to your guns, I share your slight sense of unease and would absolutely agree that keeping all correspondence is indicated in this case. I very much hope though that this is the end of what has been a horrid saga.

Wow, of all the responses I might have predicted, +ve feedback and apparently calm acceptance of your position was not one of them. Whilst I am really happy for you Court if this does go away after rightly sticking to your guns, I share your slight sense of unease and would absolutely agree that keeping all correspondence is indicated in this case. I very much hope though that this is the end of what has been a horrid saga.
I'm a bit nervous, but everything is in my "my messages" folder in ebay, all of the correspondance was done through ebay, not over personal emails, so it's all documented.

how long does she have to pull any crap with this? is is 45 days?

I'm a bit uneasy about her sudden calmness

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you and hope she has accepted defeat graciously. Alas, with ebay though, it's always safe to be somewhat guarded....
Keep the updates coming!

wow, i sold a denim tote last week and the buyer paid immediately(friday evening) so i sent it immediately too(same evening), priority mail and all. my fb is still growing, so whe received the bag today, took off both the tyvek and the price tag then decides she doesn't want the bag because the c's dont line up. she emailed me twice this morning when i was in class so i couldn't respond. she put "your policy states that items can be returned in 3 days so i am making contact to send the bag back and you should reply." i got back around 2 and have 3 emails. the third saying she was dropping the bag in the mail. i replied, "ok that's fine, the tags should be in place" she said she took them off and put them inside the bag. she claimed she called COACH and they told her the c's had to line up. she was like the store will accept it back as long as you have a receipt. i was furious because she removed the tags and don't know if the store will accept it and if she is sending me the same bag.
i don't know if i decided to do the right thing because i do not want my fb to drop. the dh said ebay could pull it if she left a neg. should i have stuck by my policies too??

after the nonsense from past buyers, I changed my return policy

I had a good one a few months ago. Girl bought a Botkier trigger bag from me and decides after using it for 6 weeks that it's too small and wants her money back like it's no big deal. After her story changed several times, she tried to claim that I mis-represented the item because I had it listed as the "medium" trigger bag and it was really the small one. The dimensions of the actual bag she received were on the listing. My return policy was 3 days and had she contacted me within a week or two with a legit story I would have worked with her, but she waited 6 weeks. Who knows what condition the bag was in! She then left me negative feedback, but she was ridiculous.