gah! why don't buyers read the return policies!!

wow, i sold a denim tote last week and the buyer paid immediately(friday evening) so i sent it immediately too(same evening), priority mail and all. my fb is still growing, so whe received the bag today, took off both the tyvek and the price tag then decides she doesn't want the bag because the c's dont line up. she emailed me twice this morning when i was in class so i couldn't respond. she put "your policy states that items can be returned in 3 days so i am making contact to send the bag back and you should reply." i got back around 2 and have 3 emails. the third saying she was dropping the bag in the mail. i replied, "ok that's fine, the tags should be in place" she said she took them off and put them inside the bag. she claimed she called COACH and they told her the c's had to line up. she was like the store will accept it back as long as you have a receipt. i was furious because she removed the tags and don't know if the store will accept it and if she is sending me the same bag.
i don't know if i decided to do the right thing because i do not want my fb to drop. the dh said ebay could pull it if she left a neg. should i have stuck by my policies too??

I definitely would have stuck to my policies. I'd just ship the bag right back to her or refuse the delivery of the package altogether. There is NO reason she couldn't have seen the alignment of the bag without taking the darn tags off.
And I'm sorry but the Coach store would NOT tell her any pattern has to line up. That just seems like a feeble excuse on her part...sounds like she has buyer's remorse.

I had a good one a few months ago. Girl bought a Botkier trigger bag from me and decides after using it for 6 weeks that it's too small and wants her money back like it's no big deal. After her story changed several times, she tried to claim that I mis-represented the item because I had it listed as the "medium" trigger bag and it was really the small one. The dimensions of the actual bag she received were on the listing. My return policy was 3 days and had she contacted me within a week or two with a legit story I would have worked with her, but she waited 6 weeks. Who knows what condition the bag was in! She then left me negative feedback, but she was ridiculous.

OMG I'd be so PO'ed. After SIX weeks?? And she leaves YOU the negative? Sometimes I think people should be banned from buying on ebay..apparently many of them cannot read or just don't have manners. I'd hate to see what these people are like in person. :Push:

ugh! these buyers

my return policy has now been changed to a 30% restocking fee and I will not even consider a return if the price tag or my tag have been removed. I'm sticking to that, neg fb be damned!

I'm taking a break from ebay once I get rid of the last 10 or so items I have right now. I'm too frustrated with people and need a break

OMG I'd be so PO'ed. After SIX weeks?? And she leaves YOU the negative? Sometimes I think people should be banned from buying on ebay..apparently many of them cannot read or just don't have manners. I'd hate to see what these people are like in person. :Push:

I was so pissed! What also really made me mad was that I had left her positive feedback(which I waited for awhile to do) because she wasn't leaving me feedback and i was sick of looking at the little thing that said I needed to leave her feedback. So I did and then I got burned. Now if someone doesn't leave me feedback, I don't leave them feedback. Learned my lesson! Just got another one today that bought some MP4 players from me and got them 2 months ago and now is claiming that I sent the wrong color headphones and if I don't send the correct ones he is going to return 5 of the items and wants his money back. I have news for him... He's not getting a refund. That was a fun one to answer! People are such idiots sometimes. I guess none of them can read! UGH!

Dont refund and dont except the bag. keep the email and let file with paypal/ebay. They will see that she is claiming she read the auction and now is saying the bg is too big and sh'es not happy with it. if she leaves you neg feedback just respond to it with BUYERS REMORSE, BUYER Didnt read entire auction.

EEEKKKK!
Im so mad for you!

I havent read all the remaining responses yet....but I totally agree w/ the above response!!

DONT DO IT! :tdown: