Furla

Hello everyone! I'm new here so I hope I'm asking in the right place. I know that their is a Furla Outlet in Cabazon (Desert Hills), has anyone been their lately or know if it's a good savings? Thanks in advance!

I think it is not an issue of whether it is made in China or Italy since I guess the prices reflect them. It is whether you are honest to your customers or making a front. I think this is a very sensitive matter since these are high end items with really high price tags and we are supposed to get what we have paid for.

It wasn't necessarily that they were made in China that turned me off . . . it was the lying SA and misrepresentation of their products.
It's horrible that you had such a bad experience with the Furla SA. I would encourage you not to be too turned off the brand for it, though. I'm sure the SA was just fed a line from her manager, without actually doing any research on her own.

I work in a boutique that sells Furla, and new all along that smaller items were produced in china due to their labor intensive nature. Give Furla a try PD! ive never been disappointed.

I agree with Italian_Gold.

Maybe the SA didn´t know about it? Maybe the SA didn´t want to tell it :lol:
Anyway he/ she should not acting that way.

You should give the Furla another chance in another boutique ;)

In my town, there is a Max Mara store, and the SA´s are terrible :biggrin:
They want to sell you everything and are really annoying :lol:
I ignore it and buy the Max Mara stuff again and again, because I love their items.

But the Furla SA is always very nice.

I have had mixed experiences, lately everything has been good lately. I don't think the workers are not necessarily "brand ambassadors" like they are at Coach, but they have been helpful for me.

I thought I would try to enable others that may be thinking of the Furla Woven Nerin. Sorry I am not good at chopping my head out of the photo. Maybe some of you ladies will love this bag as much as I do!

Attachments

• furla_model.jpg
    furla_model.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 916
Gosh, that is a gorgeous bag!

attachment.php

As to lying SA, your SA may not have known that some bags are made in China, now more and more Furla bags are made in China but this is still pretty recent. The reason is the pricepoint of course, the ones made in China are less expensive so the price does reflect that and from my store manager told me this is how you can get a buffalo leather bag for 4-500, what other brands offer that? I have several Furla bags, one is made in China and two others in Italy and there is no difference in quality to be honest. I guess I just do not really care about it for two reasons; one is that nowadays in Italy Chinese workmen assemble the bags too and two that most made in Italy bags are made elsewhere and only the finishing touches are done in Italy. Now, what also bothers me is that I feel there is an issue of discrimination involved because why are Chinese people worse than Italians? I think we are made to feel this way because of the food scandals associated with Chinese made food products but a Furla or Burberry or whatever bag is still made of Italian leather in China in their own factories with the same quality control so there should be no issue. Like I said my store manager has also recently become aware that bags are made in China. I am only trying to point out that it may not have been intentional.

The easiest way is to look at the metal plate on the inside of the bag. The ones that are made in Italy will have Furla, then Made in Italy under that followed by Genuine Leather stamped on the plate.

The ones made in China just have Furla and Genuine Leather on the metal plate. Inside those bags there's a fabric Made in China sewn into the seam of the lining. It's not stamped on the plate....kind of sneaky IMHO.

I've also noticed that, at least for now, the Made in Italy bags run a good bit higher than the Made in China bags. There IS a difference in the quality of the leather of the Made in China bags, too. Not nearly as soft, supple and heavenly smelling as the Italy bags.

Edit note:

Here's some photo examples. The Made in Italy tag.

cdn.is.bluefly.com/mgen/Bluefly/eqzoom85.ms?img=308847501_alt03.pct&outputx=738&outputy=700&level=1

Below, is the Made in China tag, but again, the actual tag that says Made in China is sewn into the lining, near the bottom of the bag usually.

cdn.is.bluefly.com/mgen/Bluefly/eqzoom85.ms?img=311149701_alt03.pct&outputx=738&outputy=700&level=1

I purchased another Furla bag recently and it has the "Genuine Leather" plate instead of "Genuine Leather - Made in Italy" plate. It was made in Romania. So, their general plate is used on all of their items that were not made in Italy, but not necessarily made in China. I don't mind either way. I know this matters to some tpf shoppers, so I thought I'd share. The "Made in Romania" label is inside the inside zip pocket of my new bag.