Fugitive from LV Finding Salvation in Goyard

:ty: milodrinker and mclovesbags: I can't wait to see your PMs!

:ty: Peony216 and rabhas

:ty: Longchamp: I agree, but I'm hesitant about being without my bag for 4 weeks or more. Maybe now that I have more than one I can stand to part with one temporarily.

:ty: annalcg: I'm so happy that you liked reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. It was your reveal that inspired me to take the time to do this. I know exactly what you mean when you say that you feel incomplete without your Goyard. I think mine are turning into Safety Blankets, where I feel at home and comfortable where ever I am as long as I have my Goyard. I do agree that it is hard to move away from Goyard, and I am very happy about that. It is nice not being as fickle as I once was.

I'm so glad that I inspired you, hehe :smile: That makes me so very happy! I adore writing, and writing about something that I love (Goyard, of course) is even better! Plus it is always fun to take photos of my Goyards. I agree, Goyards make you feel very comfortable, like a safety blankie. I, for one, know all my items are safe as long as they're tucked away in a Goyard. It is very nice to have a favorite brand, isn't it?

:ty: ahertz and MyMyMy

My new semester starts tomorrow and I am debating if I should switch over and use my PM instead of my Figji for my purse or try it out as a bookbag. So tempted to use it as a bookbag just so I can bring 2/3s of my collection with me to school every day, lol.

annalcg: I always appreciate the writing in your posts on the forums (and your blog posts too) because, unlike so many people on forums who tend to throw out the art of writing for expedience, you preserve form and function.

My figji turned into my safety blanket on my recent trip to MD on Amtrak. Whenever I felt homesick, I just looked at it for a minute and got happy. I put everything I could want or need in it so I was actually pretty organized, satisfied, and occupied for my trip.

It is more than nice to have a favorite brand, it is down-right amazing. :cloud9:

:ty: ahertz and MyMyMy

My new semester starts tomorrow and I am debating if I should switch over and use my PM instead of my Figji for my purse or try it out as a bookbag. So tempted to use it as a bookbag just so I can bring 2/3s of my collection with me to school every day, lol.

annalcg: I always appreciate the writing in your posts on the forums (and your blog posts too) because, unlike so many people on forums who tend to throw out the art of writing for expedience, you preserve form and function.

My figji turned into my safety blanket on my recent trip to MD on Amtrak. Whenever I felt homesick, I just looked at it for a minute and got happy. I put everything I could want or need in it so I was actually pretty organized, satisfied, and occupied for my trip.

It is more than nice to have a favorite brand, it is down-right amazing. :cloud9:

Thanks, Ayala, your comment does really mean a lot to me. I adore writing, so it's always nice to know when someone appreciates it!

My new semester starts today, and I completely agree with your statement about the Goyard acting as a little comforting tool. I felt homesick on the flight over, but my little Grand Bleu PM in my lap made me feel much better. Also, having my St. Louis on my shoulder for the first day of classes adds a bit of familiarity to what is for me a day filled with tiny butterflies of nervousness before each new class- so the familiarity is extremely nice!

I appreciate your thoughts and experience. I have been a die hard LV fan for many years now. I used to think that once I got my "Holy Grail" bag (which was the Tivoli GM) I would be satisfied. My husband bought my Tivoli as a gift for our anniversary early last year and by June I was feening for another. I recently received another LV bag for Christmas and while I do like it, it's just not love. Not like it used to be. I have been doing my bag research and checking out all the forums on TPF and really think it may be time to give another line a chance. I love, love, love the look of the Jeanne (not sure what size) as well as the Saigon and the St. Louis. I wish we had a boutique here so I could really check out all the offerings.

Thank you for writing about your experience with Goyard, he just may be my new man ;)

I appreciate your thoughts and experience. I have been a die hard LV fan for many years now. I used to think that once I got my "Holy Grail" bag (which was the Tivoli GM) I would be satisfied. My husband bought my Tivoli as a gift for our anniversary early last year and by June I was feening for another. I recently received another LV bag for Christmas and while I do like it, it's just not love. Not like it used to be. I have been doing my bag research and checking out all the forums on TPF and really think it may be time to give another line a chance. I love, love, love the look of the Jeanne (not sure what size) as well as the Saigon and the St. Louis. I wish we had a boutique here so I could really check out all the offerings.

Thank you for writing about your experience with Goyard, he just may be my new man ;)

The Jeanne, Saigon, and St. Louis are all beautiful bags... perhaps I'm a bit biased as a self-proclaimed Goyard girl, but I'm sure you understand! Best of luck- I do hope you find a new love, whether it is Goyard or not (though you know my preference... but it is YOU who counts). Thanks for sharing!

^ You definitely won't have to worry about the rain with Goyard! They're totally waterproof-- I woudn't immerse them, but they're quite strong.

Actually, fun story! Once when I got back to my dorm from working out, I reached into my Fidji (yes, it doubles as a gym bag), pulled out my shorts, and was very surprised that they were soaking wet. I then looked into the bag and pulled everything out, and it turned out that my water bottle had opened and the water had spilled out into the bag. My trusty Fidji held all that water in-- it was amazing. I took that bad boy over to the sink and poured all that water out. It was actually hilarious, but also a testament to the durability of Goyard :biggrin: