Friends Chat Thread: Wardrobe, Fun, and Whatever

Hello :smile:

I'm new here and came across this forum after searching for some opinions on the Tifosa basketball tote bag.
I do really like bags but have never purchased one from a design label such as Gucci! The Tifosa is such a cute and adorable shape! I've had a couple circle bags but not like the Tifosa. Actually I ordered the Ophidia suede small bag but it just didn't fit right on me when I got it so I'm returning it. :sad: I was thinking about purchasing the Tifosa as a university graduation present for myself but am still thinking about the practicality of it for me. On the Gucci store they only have black but I also saw a tan version online, which I like more. Kind of confused why Gucci Australia doesn't stock all available colours?

I have a couple of questions:

What does a 'runway bag' generally mean?
I'm unexperienced with this area, how could I find out what season the Tifosa bag was released?
Are bags generally sold in store only for that specific season or will it always be sold until its like sold out? If it's suddenly sold out do they usually do backorders (wondering if I will save enough on time haha)
I guess I could also ask these questions a store representative but would love to know more about your experiences!

Thank you!

Last edited:

I'm new here and came across this forum after searching for some opinions on the Tifosa basketball tote bag.
I do really like bags but have never purchased one from a design label such as Gucci! The Tifosa is such a cute and adorable shape! I've had a couple circle bags but not like the Tifosa. Actually I ordered the Ophidia suede small bag but it just didn't fit right on me when I got it so I'm returning it. :sad: I was thinking about purchasing the Tifosa as a university graduation present for myself but am still thinking about the practicality of it for me. On the Gucci store they only have black but I also saw a tan version online, which I like more. Kind of confused why Gucci Australia doesn't stock all available colours?

I'm unexperienced with this area, how could I find out what season the Tifosa bag was released?
Are bags generally sold in store only for that specific season or will it always be sold until its like sold out? If it's suddenly sold out do they usually do backorders (wondering if I will save enough on time haha)
I guess I could also ask these questions a store representative but would love to know more about your experiences!

Thank you!

@papertiger

I think PT might be best suited to answer your Tifosa specific questions, but I may be able to help with some of your more general ones. A runway bag generally means a style produced exclusively for the runway show, which may or may not be reproduced and sent to stores for sale. Sometimes runway bags are tweaked slightly to make them practical and appealing to consumers. Brands usually have a mix of seasonal and seasonless bags. Gucci, for example, has product lines that they produce for all seasons, such as the Dionysius, Marmont, and Ophidia, but they may do seasonal takes on the classic style using different colors and embellishments. I don’t know whether Tifosa is a seasonal model. I would think most brands would do back orders and receive additional shipments of most bags. The only brand that I know for sure does not do this is Hermès. Once a seasonal color is sold out, it is done unless the company decides to resurrect it at a later date.

Congrats to cafecreme and genie on their move! :smile:

Do any of y’all have a garden party tote ? Been thinking of getting one. Maybe the 36. I know Cafe has the pretty Bordeaux. Was hoping to get some opinions from its owners :smile:

Loving my GP! Have to be careful not to load it up because it does get pretty heavy and will leave marks on my arm when carried in the crook. I can get it on my shoulder if need be, but it’s not the most comfortable of carrying methods. That being said, I do think it is the perfect, understated, and classy bag. I feel like a proper lady when I use it!

Reactions: minoxa33
Congrats to cafecreme and genie on their move! :smile:

Do any of y’all have a garden party tote ? Been thinking of getting one. Maybe the 36. I know Cafe has the pretty Bordeaux. Was hoping to get some opinions from its owners :smile:

I own two and love them - they are under my most worn bags. Easy to access, lightweight and under the radar. I do hand and arm carry, not on my shoulder. Here you go, black canvas and gold:

Last edited:

Thank you!

The Tifoso is a brand new bag so you have time but I don't know how many of them were made or how log they'll be at their initial price.

I've started a thread for you in the ~Gucci forum: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/tifoso-basketball-bag.992652/ Just follow the link and I'll be happy to answer any other questions there or discuss anything about the bag.

The one below is the larger version:

Attachments

• s83_wmfs_fw_imm_lb_pr16.jpg
    s83_wmfs_fw_imm_lb_pr16.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 269
@papertiger

I think PT might be best suited to answer your Tifosa specific questions, but I may be able to help with some of your more general ones. A runway bag generally means a style produced exclusively for the runway show, which may or may not be reproduced and sent to stores for sale. Sometimes runway bags are tweaked slightly to make them practical and appealing to consumers. Brands usually have a mix of seasonal and seasonless bags. Gucci, for example, has product lines that they produce for all seasons, such as the Dionysius, Marmont, and Ophidia, but they may do seasonal takes on the classic style using different colors and embellishments. I don’t know whether Tifosa is a seasonal model. I would think most brands would do back orders and receive additional shipments of most bags. The only brand that I know for sure does not do this is Hermès. Once a seasonal color is sold out, it is done unless the company decides to resurrect it at a later date.

Thank you very much! @cafecreme15 This is all very helpful :smile: @papertiger thank you! checking out the thread now!

IMG_2541.jpg after eight weeks in a row of very hot weather, I'm wearing pants! It's 60 degrees (15 Celsius)! So fresh and cool. Refreshing. I'm on my balcony making sure my cat doesn't jump!
It's supposed to jump up to the mid seventies tomorrow (23 celcius) and then back up to the eighties for the rest of the week so I'm enjoying pants today only! And not sweating!