French help Please

someone mentioned they liked the apartment.. which one?

sorry am lost again. also whats the deal with phone lines etc.. how does that work, is inet and phone one package? i just found out that no french telemcom has a network with bahrain. so ican send msgs but will not be able to receive them.. this is very sad news.

Baby Boo said:
someone mentioned they liked the apartment.. which one?

sorry am lost again. also whats the deal with phone lines etc.. how does that work, is inet and phone one package? i just found out that no french telemcom has a network with bahrain. so ican send msgs but will not be able to receive them.. this is very sad news.

This is one of the things that would be great about a sublet for you at the beginning, everything, all of this, is already in place. You could sublet for a little while, say, 3 months or so, and then find a place that sets your little heart on fire.

I would recommend what is called a "freebox" I have it for my television, my phone, and my internet connection. It is very inexpensive, and I can even call the US and lots of other countries for free. CNN in English, and the Tonight Show!

i think most of them have very basics in it. not sure baout inet connection etc.

Did the woman mention anything yesterday about gettingthe other apartment earlier jennifer? also isnt it a bit early for you to be up and awake?

Baby Boo said:
y a no no? very bad?

I am trying to be diplomatic because I don't want to offend anyone, but, I had to go to a meeting in that area, and the company insisted to have a car pick me up at the metro station. I insisted that I could walk because it was so close, but, they said it was far too dangerous. Also, they recommended that I wear nothing of value and not carry a nice brief case! So, I leave that to your judgement. This is not in Paris, it is a suburb.

I loooooove that area. I stay there every time I am in Paris!!!!! Baby Boo, if you want to see what that neighborhood is like, watch the movie "Amelie". That's the place. Even the Abbesses Metro station is Amelie's station! My favorite bar is also on r. Abbesses!

PS: Keep looking in that area... try to see if you can find a place that has a washer and dryer... there are laundrymats in the area but that's kind of a PAIN

Roo said:
I loooooove that area. I stay there every time I am in Paris!!!!! Baby Boo, if you want to see what that neighborhood is like, watch the movie "Amelie". That's the place. Even the Abbesses Metro station is Amelie's station! My favorite bar is also on r. Abbesses!

PS: Keep looking in that area... try to see if you can find a place that has a washer and dryer... there are laundrymats in the area but that's kind of a PAIN

That is my favorite movie. They say that is "Montmarte for the tourists" version, but, I guess it is also for the expats, because, in my opinion, Jean-Pierre Jeunet totally captured the spirit of the district in that film. Wonderful. :love:

Jennifer Marvin said:
This one I LOVE! This is such a wonderful area! This is the place roo mentioned. This is so wonderful. This, I would take in a heart beat. It is a magical area, especially, if you like being around artists and poets!:yes:

THIS PRICE IS INCREDIBLE! I shoud go and have a look for you to see what on earth is wrong with it! :shrugs: Seems too good to be true! :tender: Good find baby boo. I would SOOOOOO jump on this one.:nuts:

BB,
Have you ever been to Greenwich Village in NY? Very similar area. Some people like to claim its "dicey" there, but I've been going to that area for ten years and have never had a problem. Where, exactly, will your office be located? If you mentioned it before, I missed it. Close proximity to work is pretty important.