French Bulldog Addition....

:flowers: Thanks jmakesmyday and Megs!

I have always wanted a French Bulldog since seeing one on the Oregon Coast. Saw it's little bulldog stance went home and researched the breed and fell in LOVE!

Oh so cute, I have a pug (Delilah) and a Boston (Tallulah) and I just love love those little smooshy faces! I've been begging the DH to get a Frenchie! Dozer is a sweet name, too! Love it!

This is a great book about dogs: ASPCA Complete Guide to Dogs.

I'm thinking about getting a dog someday, and this book is like my Dog Bible.
It deals with both pure and mixed breeds, as well as tips on caring for your dog.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780811819046&itm=3

This is part of what it says about the French Bulldog:

French bulldogs are very intelligent and eager to please, although some can be stubborn. Still, most do well in obedience training. . . . These sweet tempered dogs will tolerate most strangers, enjoy the company of gentle children, and like other animals.

The French bulldog needs only a quick weekly brushing and combing. The ears and the skin between the facial wrinkles neeed to be cleaned two or three times a week. A walk around the block is considered a big workout for the French bulldog.

Thanks Caitlin! I definitely ended up with one of the stubborn ones. lol Oh well. He is also strangely energetic and athletic. We go for a 30-45 min walk almost everyday and he is still bursting at the seems with play drive. Maybe once the puppyness wears off he will calm down.

Hey LisaG...check out the baby in my avatar! Her name is Molly - she is almost 3 years old and the sweetest little girl ever :heart:

Your Dozer is adorable...I love the name! PM me anytime you want to talk Frenchies!

Hi!

I have a Frenchie, William (in my avatar) and I also have two Boxers, Joe and Sammi :nuts: - NEVER a dull moment around here!

My oldest Boxer, Joe, wants NOTHING to do with the other two - LOL! We nicknamed them Bonnie and Clyde!
I hope you have a big yard! Mine belong on a farm :Push:

Thanks Caitlin! I definitely ended up with one of the stubborn ones. lol Oh well. He is also strangely energetic and athletic. We go for a 30-45 min walk almost everyday and he is still bursting at the seems with play drive. Maybe once the puppyness wears off he will calm down.

don't count on it ... William is almost two and still going strong ... :wacko: