free trip -- would you accept?

I don't think I'd go, honestly. And I remember you had another thread where you said you were worried about your reputation with guys. This might make that worse if he is expecting sex and you take the trip with no intention of complying.

Whether you want sex or not, seems you don't, accepting this from him is saying you do. If you don't give him sex, he's just going think you're a tease or something. I wouldn't go.

It does sound a little too suspicious to me! I wouldn't go! Or if you really want to go, why dont you go with a friend or something! God forbid if he tries to do something to you.

They do say that nothing comes for free. But say maybe he's just being very sweet -then he wouldn't mind if you told him upfront that he's not getting any in return. If that's the case, I say grab ya best friend, and go have an awesome hol!!

Otherwise.. sweet as it sounds, you should prolly give this a miss... :hrmm:

I would not go. Since he's single and just an acquaintance he might be expecting something now or later. Plus, if you run in similar circles your reputation could be questioned. You don't want anyone to think you can be "bought" so to speak even it seems like an innocous situation. For your personal safety as other posters have mentioned that is foremost, but there could be other negative consequences that are not so immediate.

I agree. I definitely wouldn't go. It sounds like you are questioning this offer as well (?)...

If I could pay for the flight, but take the room and a friend (maybe even the mutual friend?), I'd think about it more.

Otherwise, I'd wait till timing was better.

Nothing is free.

hmmmm, unless he is gay, he is definitely going to expect s*x.

Just cause he expects it doesn't mean he's going to get it! Nor should you feel obligated. I know men that would be insulted if they thought that their generosity was thought to be a ploy for sex. Men in his postition can get all the sex they want. But there are the other kind of guys too.

Does this guy think you have a reputation?

I agree with the poster who said nothing is free. I have never met a guy yet who didn't want something in return for something like that. I know it might be tempting, especially if you cannot afford to do something like that on your own. It just puts you in a position of vulnerability, if you ask me. And in response to the poster who said even if he expects it, it doesn't mean he will get it...I think that is just asking for trouble too.

I think you should go! But make sure to tell a few people exactly where you'll be, and like it was mentioned by others, make sure you have alternate plans if something happens that you'd rather avoid.