Fought 3 Ladies at the Outlet For This!

It was before Christmas, but you never know. Call a store and ask them to do a national search. You might find it. I just found a bag from 2011.

Here is the number. 17784

Would it be best to call a factory store or full price store?

No I promise they were Canadian! They chose to pay in Canadian dollars. Without trying to sound racist or mean they're all Asian. Vancouver BC has a large Asian population (I've been told) and they buy in Oregon to avoid sales tax and resell.

Stating you not racist and making these comments does not make it right. I'm sure you not watching every "Asian" pay for their bags and know they reselling. They might be buying for friends or family. I'm sure people from other states go to other states for no tax buys. Not too long ago the exchange was in favor of Americans and I'm sure there was tons of people going to Canada for good deals.

stating you not racist and making these comments does not make it right. I'm sure you not watching every "asian" pay for their bags and know they reselling. They might be buying for friends or family. I'm sure people from other states go to other states for no tax buys. Not too long ago the exchange was in favor of americans and i'm sure there was tons of people going to canada for good deals.

++1

Stating you not racist and making these comments does not make it right. I'm sure you not watching every "Asian" pay for their bags and know they reselling. They might be buying for friends or family. I'm sure people from other states go to other states for no tax buys. Not too long ago the exchange was in favor of Americans and I'm sure there was tons of people going to Canada for good deals.

Well said. Being both Canadian and Asian I am slightly disgusted by such comments regarding "green bus" and the like.

I know everyone loves a good deal but there's no need to be nasty about those also trying to score nice things for themselves and most likely also for friends/family. As many articles have stated, Coach is ridiculously expensive in Asian countries so it's not so preposterous to think these people were buying gifts to give loved ones. Plus it seems you know our current situation with the dollar so I don't blame them at all for not wanting to pay the extra difference from tax if it can be avoided.

You wouldn't like being accused of being a reseller I'm sure, so let's give people the benefit of the doubt rather than jumping to unkind conclusions.

Well said! ;)

Well said. Being both Canadian and Asian I am slightly disgusted by such comments regarding "green bus" and the like.

I know everyone loves a good deal but there's no need to be nasty about those also trying to score nice things for themselves and most likely also for friends/family. As many articles have stated, Coach is ridiculously expensive in Asian countries so it's not so preposterous to think these people were buying gifts to give loved ones. Plus it seems you know our current situation with the dollar so I don't blame them at all for not wanting to pay the extra difference from tax if it can be avoided.

You wouldn't like being accused of being a reseller I'm sure, so let's give people the benefit of the doubt rather than jumping to unkind conclusions.

Ya, green bus, what the h___ ?? Its a known fact that Americans believe themselves too be superior, and comments like that are what make them soooo disliked (Banned from Cuba even..ha).

I'm in no way trying to piss anyone off. Of course not EVERY person in there is a reseller. But a lot of them are. I've been told this by multiple SA's as well as the store manager at all 3 outlets I go to, and the Woodburn store is particularly popular because of it's central location on the interstate. They literally bus people in from Vancouver specifically for outlet mall shopping trips down I-5.

Yes, Coach is incredibly expensive over there, hence the only reason I specified them being Asian at all. Unfortunately I didn't put the two points together well and articulate that. I'm sure some of it's gifts, but I have seen the same women in the Woodburn store multiple weeks in a row buying the maximum of ten bags or whatever it is at a time. Asian or not, the resellers in general are obnoxious because I've seen them clean that store out on a holiday weekend time after time.

Last edited:
I'm in no way trying to piss anyone off. Of course not EVERY person in there is a reseller. But a lot of them are. I've been told this by multiple SA's as well as the store manager at all 3 outlets I go to, and the Woodburn store is particularly popular because of it's central location on the interstate. They literally bus people in from Vancouver specifically for outlet mall shopping trips down I-5.

Yes, Coach is incredibly expensive over there. I'm sure some of it's gifts, but I have seen the same women in the Woodburn store multiple weeks in a row buying the maximum of ten bags or whatever it is at a time. Asian or not, the resellers in general are obnoxious because I've seen them clean that store out on a holiday weekend time after time.

I think the real problem here is that Coach (and other popular retailers) need to figure out why they still allow known chronic resellers to keep purchasing in bulk when they have clear evidence of resale, while at the same time banning genuine purse-lovers and collectors on nothing more than speculation. Is their money that important that the company is willing to turn a blind eye against its own "morals"? I know people don't especially like resellers for various reasons but they exist simply because of supply/(usually excessive) demand.

Also you mentioned the busloads of tourists...this is inevitably what will happen at popular outlet shopping destinations. Niagara Falls is certainly not immune to this, and neither was International Drive when I was in Florida. It's literally just the way the game works.

Wow guys. Thisis not what this thread was intended for.

I am only commenting because I made the initial post about the green bus that the US uses to transport non-citizens back to the borders. I believe most of you took my comment for the joke that it absolutely was in exaggerating a fellow board member’s outlet experience. I would have said the same thing in a different way had it been a Canadian besting an American.

My post and I think most of the others here were about celebrating someone’s good deal and nothing else. If you don’t find my particular post funny, I get it, I appreciate it, and I completely respect it. That just makes our humor tastes different and isn’t diversity wonderful in this world? Absolutely it is.

I can only speak for myself but my post was an attempt at humor, nothing more. It had no insidious negativity embodied in it. That’s the truth. It’s up to you to believe me or not.

If I ever hurt your heart, please PM me and let’s talk about it in a private forum rather than taking a positive public thread off topic. There’s enough negativity in everyone’s lives that none of us need to add to it in a public way. I will absolutely sincerely apologize to you if you ever need that from me and I would love to hear from you if you need it from me today.

No I promise they were Canadian! They chose to pay in Canadian dollars. Without trying to sound racist or mean they're all Asian. Vancouver BC has a large Asian population (I've been told) and they buy in Oregon to avoid sales tax and resell.

I'm sure you haven't met enough Canadians, if you think we're obnoxious and aggressive. Are you sure they didn't apologize after? ;)

Vancouver doesn't have an outlet and Oregon is probably the closest outlet they have. Unless they want to drive ~12 hours to the "closest" Canadian outlet, which is in Balzac, Alberta, their best bet is probably going to Oregon.

Even though it's tax free at the store, they still have to pay duty, PST and GST on merchandise at the border (if they're doing this legally). Duty on handbags and accessories is 10%, GST is 5% and PST is 7%. With the crappy exchange rate right now, I could hardly imagine any Canadian wanting to pay USD for goods if they can get it here (especially since customs is still a factor). So yes, there could be resellers, but honestly, as a Canadian, I wouldn't be shopping at the States if I didn't have to!

i'm sure you haven't met enough canadians, if you think we're obnoxious and aggressive. Are you sure they didn't apologize after? ;)

vancouver doesn't have an outlet and oregon is probably the closest outlet they have. Unless they want to drive ~12 hours to the "closest" canadian outlet, which is in balzac, alberta, their best bet is probably going to oregon.

Even though it's tax free at the store, they still have to pay duty, pst and gst on merchandise at the border (if they're doing this legally). Duty on handbags and accessories is 10%, gst is 5% and pst is 7%. With the crappy exchange rate right now, i could hardly imagine any canadian wanting to pay usd for goods if they can get it here (especially since customs is still a factor). So yes, there could be resellers, but honestly, as a canadian, i wouldn't be shopping at the states if i didn't have to!

++1