Forgive me if its been asked before- I'm interested in Source of Bag Statistics...

May I know what you will be doing with our statistics after you do the count?

Why would anyone need this kind of information and data? Are you a reseller?

I don't mean any ill will but I always like to know why someone wants this sort of data from me and what do you plan to do with it after.

May I know what you will be doing with our statistics after you do the count?

Why would anyone need this kind of information and data? Are you a reseller?

I don't mean any ill will but I always like to know why someone wants this sort of data from me and what do you plan to do with it after.
Miss Piggy,
I am not "doing" anything with these statistics, I am simply curious for personal reasons (I would eventually like to acquire more bags and I am wondering if its realistic to continue to try to buy them exclusively at the stores, so I am interested in others experience). Yes I am am a member (and while you didnt ask this, no I do not work for Hermes and I am not a reseller). I apologize if my post was misunderstood - I guess this is the problem with blogs or email generally, things get lost in translation. Again my apologies, my intentions are good. I hope this clarifies.

I have four Kellys, three of which were purchased from resellers, one was purchased on another board from a friend. From Hermes, I've bought Trims, Evelynes, Plumes, GPTs and the like. I still have one Kelly and one Birkin on order at Hermes.

I certainly didnt mean to be impolite - the reason I asked about these two in my initial post, is that these are the only models that the stores historically have maintained waiting lists - traditionally hard to find bags - thats why I was interested in how people have acquired those two.

hmmm, i don't know. unless i was misinformed by the nyc SA, my bag is probably harder to acquire than any kelly or birkin, which is pretty funny when i think about it. i was told that it cannot be ordered, period. they make a batch and send them to stores and when they are all sold, there is nothing to do but wait. no list, no SO, no nothing. and i've seen my bag sold by resellers. i do respect your right to tailor your thread however you choose, but right after crochetbella posted you replied and completely ignored her. might have been better to politely clarify then that your investigation was only pertaining to the 2 bags you were personally interested in - crochetbella is a wonderful member and i know she would have understood (she's probably dying that i'm making any fuss, so i'm sorry crochetbella!).
i would think that people's experiences with resellers in general ought to be relevant to you if you're considering doing business with them, regardless of the item.
also, even if statistically 80% of the members here purchased their kelly and birkin bags from the boutique, you don't know if they got their first choice, if they SOed them, called around to find them, bought them while on travel, or bought them years ago, maybe decades, while a color now is less accessible.
but i do wish you luck with all things hermes-related. :flowers:

I have bought several bags from resellers and my biggest observation would be that great deals can be had on most bags, slightly used or new...but not for the birkins generally. Huge markups are tacked on and paid (guilty!)...by desperate gals that must have one NOW! I feel for myself, I've been that route, and now want to slow down, and have SO'd my next bag, and will enjoy all I have...Some folks cannot deal with buying from a reseller and this is fine - and for others, it's a great way to get a bag, sometimes slightly used and at a savings off retail, and for others who do not live near a store, it works well...

crochetbella is a wonderful member and i know she would have understood.

:heart: :heart: :heart: HH :flowers:

As for buying from a boutique/trusted reseller...I'm stuck with only buying from H because my DH has a thing about buying stuff only new and from the boutique. Which is one reason it will take me a while to save for all the H bags I want but since he's buying... :supacool:

(He likes things brand new and untouched...good thing I was a virgin when we met, huh? :graucho: )

(He likes things brand new and untouched...good thing I was a virgin when we met, huh? :graucho: )

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: this post just made me laugh out loud...at work!!!

my DH would never allow me to pay a markup on anything either, no matter how long the wait has been or how desperate i am. if anything, he'll try to negotiate the price down (on ANYTHING!!)!! he recently purchased a watch that he has been waiting for for 4 yrs!!!!! he could have simply bought it on ebay or a reseller and pay the markup, but he refused to!! i don't think i can wait 4 yrs for my next birkin or kelly! NO WAY!!!