First visit to an LV store next week!!!

Cool beans, Frankie! I hope you have a great time and the SAs are nice.

I've never been to a boutique either, same reason. I've been planning a trip to one for my birthday in October but now I'm having second thoughts.

Be sure to report back to us!

Oh Franks that would be fun!!! Take your time going over each and every piece you want to see and never mind the SAs. I just know you're gonna be alryt, you have such a bubbly personality that shines even in the way you write!!! Im excited for you! Do tell how it went and hope you get those refills!:yes:

Have a Fun first LV experience, Frankie, and be sure to take pics of you outside the store so you can show them to us later !!!!!!

Oh, goodness.. I'm going down to Brissy to see a bunch of mates I've not seen in ages. They're not as into LV as I am - ie. not into them at all - I can only imagine the ribbing I'll receive should I ask for a quick snap outside the Hallowed Store! :Push: :sweatdrop:

Oh Franks that would be fun!!! Take your time going over each and every piece you want to see and never mind the SAs. I just know you're gonna be alryt, you have such a bubbly personality that shines even in the way you write!!! Im excited for you! Do tell how it went and hope you get those refills!:yes:

Icy, you sweetheart! :blush: Hmm.. wonder if I can bubble my way into a sneak peek at that lookbook of theirs...
think.gif

Hey hun - that's my local!

The people there are very nice and welcoming - though you shouldn't be offended that the security guard looks you up and down - I think they are just very cautious.

The last time I went there, I was served by a young man who had just got the job there and he was very helpful, writing down all the details of the styles I liked etc. It is truly like being in a lolly shop.

I love Queens Plaza - its fairly new and you should make sure you go around the whole complex - so you get your fix!

Make sure you let us know how you go!!!

:tup:Have a great time. I was just told my LV 866 # that the catalog they have now is still a couple years old, she told that there new one would be coming out in the up coming months. While you are there, provide your name and address and request they mail the new one once they receive it (since you live so far away from them). Have Fun!!!

Hi FrankieP, first trip to the store, EXCITING!! I would say take your time, take a look at all the treasures, don’t hesitate to ask to look at things. Hopefully you get a good SA, i don’t know what they are like up in Brisbane, but in Melbourne they have generally always been polite, but having a nice, friendly SA really does make a big difference in the experience. Try and be friendly and maybe chat to them and they might be nicer. If you meet a really nice SA perhaps ask for their card (they all have 'business card' type things), then if you call up the store or want to order something, you can deal with them again.
I don’t think the Melbourne stores have the new lookbook yet, so i doubt Brisbane would either, Australia seems to get information MUCH later than other places.
Oh yea and Australia don’t have the new 2007 catalogues yet, chances are they wont be aware that there is one, but they might have the older blue cover one (this is the catalogue with ALL the permanent lines). They should have the smaller, coloured, glossy catalogues out, and you can take one of them.

Hey hun - that's my local!

The people there are very nice and welcoming - though you shouldn't be offended that the security guard looks you up and down - I think they are just very cautious.

The last time I went there, I was served by a young man who had just got the job there and he was very helpful, writing down all the details of the styles I liked etc. It is truly like being in a lolly shop.

I love Queens Plaza - its fairly new and you should make sure you go around the whole complex - so you get your fix!

Make sure you let us know how you go!!!

Bella, maybe I'll see you around there! (I'll be the one with a Speedy 35 on my arm, and drool on my chin) :supacool:
I'm glad you say they're nice there, too. How big is this place that you call it a complex..??? :nuts:

:tup:Have a great time. I was just told my LV 866 # that the catalog they have now is still a couple years old, she told that there new one would be coming out in the up coming months. While you are there, provide your name and address and request they mail the new one once they receive it (since you live so far away from them). Have Fun!!!

Hey, that's a great idea! It'd be great if they'd send one out to me. Hopefully they'll do it out of pity for me living so far from the store! :wlae:

Hi FrankieP, first trip to the store, EXCITING!! I would say take your time, take a look at all the treasures, don’t hesitate to ask to look at things. Hopefully you get a good SA, i don’t know what they are like up in Brisbane, but in Melbourne they have generally always been polite, but having a nice, friendly SA really does make a big difference in the experience. Try and be friendly and maybe chat to them and they might be nicer. If you meet a really nice SA perhaps ask for their card (they all have 'business card' type things), then if you call up the store or want to order something, you can deal with them again.
I don’t think the Melbourne stores have the new lookbook yet, so i doubt Brisbane would either, Australia seems to get information MUCH later than other places.
Oh yea and Australia don’t have the new 2007 catalogues yet, chances are they wont be aware that there is one, but they might have the older blue cover one (this is the catalogue with ALL the permanent lines). They should have the smaller, coloured, glossy catalogues out, and you can take one of them.

Hullo Randomlily, thanks for the advice. I'll definitely be feeling chatty, so if they feel like trying to squeeze a word in edgeways that would be nice, they could show me around! If they're not chatty however I'd rather browse alone, but being shown would be more fun - and yep, if they're helpful I'll try to remember to get their card. *scribbles to-do list* Handout magazines.. check. :sweatdrop:

The new 2007 LE Catalogues were in the store already, at least in the Collin st store, not sure about the Crown store tho.

I received one copy from my lovely SA, however, LV Australia seems to be pretty strict on giving away the LE Catalogues, so...good luck to you. I had been to Brissy store back in june when i was traveling there. The SAs were quite nice to me and i found they had some rarely stuffs that i had never seen in LV Melbourne.

Bella, maybe I'll see you around there! (I'll be the one with a Speedy 35 on my arm, and drool on my chin) :supacool:
I'm glad you say they're nice there, too. How big is this place that you call it a complex..??? :nuts:

Lol - yes queens plaza has djs, tiffany's, guess etc, and a fair few fashion boutiques - you will love it.

It's about 3 levels.

You aren't coming to town for the ekka are you??

Bella, nooo, no Ekka! Too germy.. :yucky: Just catching up with some mates down there.

Duncan a LE catalogue would be fantastic to find! Do they sell them if they don't give them out? I doubt I'd get one for free since I won't exactly be a high spender there! :Push:

CherryPie, most of my family are still in the UK! (SE London/Kent girl) I'll send them a wave for you. :smile:

Ooooooooh you're going to love it. I don't know how large the store is where you are going, but I know here in Toronto, alot of their stock is not on display. I would go on the website and get the names of bags that you are dying to see. That way you can ask for them and they will bring them out. The Sa's are usually impressed if you know their stock..What they do have set up is drool worthy and it is fun to look. Have fun and please report back.

So excited for you, FrankieP! Brisbane is the LV store I visit regularly :nuts: When you go make sure you ask for the newest catalogue, plus there should be a couple of seasonal brochures still there for you to take home too...Oh, and my advice is to stay away from a SA named Joelene (she is so fake and rude!). If you want to know anything else, feel free to pm me :heart: