Fendi Fellas

Okay gentlemen, I stumbled across this listing the morning. It's too big for me, so I'm posting it here in case anyone is interested. Selleria Men's Peekaboo with red interior and strap - about 56% off at Saks. This is FINAL SALE:

https://m.saks.com/pd.jsp?productCode=0400087060729&R=8059297603298&P_name=Fendi&Ntt=Fendi&N=0&PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524447107432&bmUID=mi3_Ki0&ranMID=13816&ranEAID=je6NUbpObpQ&ranSiteID=je6NUbpObpQ-avtWhB8yF2UnlMwU_sZ3GQ&site_refer=AFF001&mid=13816&siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-avtWhB8yF2UnlMwU_sZ3GQ&LSoid=365991&LSlinkid=10&LScreativeid=1

EDIT: I just realized - should I have posted this under the deals thread? Sorry to the Mods, if so.

Okay gentlemen, I stumbled across this listing the morning. It's too big for me, so I'm posting it here in case anyone is interested. Selleria Men's Peekaboo with red interior and strap - about 56% off at Saks. This is FINAL SALE:

https://m.saks.com/pd.jsp?productCode=0400087060729&R=8059297603298&P_name=Fendi&Ntt=Fendi&N=0&PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524447107432&bmUID=mi3_Ki0&ranMID=13816&ranEAID=je6NUbpObpQ&ranSiteID=je6NUbpObpQ-avtWhB8yF2UnlMwU_sZ3GQ&site_refer=AFF001&mid=13816&siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-avtWhB8yF2UnlMwU_sZ3GQ&LSoid=365991&LSlinkid=10&LScreativeid=1

EDIT: I just realized - should I have posted this under the deals thread? Sorry to the Mods, if so.
Oh that's beautiful! Sadly it is sold out now. 56% off is a great discount!

Reactions: melsig
I finally made my way to the store and checked it out. If you haven't seen this yet, you must take a look. It is stunning - the pics do the velvet and color no justice.

They have another version that has the zucca pattern, but in leather (love the new men's zucca items).

But this velvet one :heart::heart:
Sadly I think I'm gonna go for yet another PB but one from the SS 19 runway, even though I believe the black one with the zucca pattern must be gorgeous, black and brown are simply too safe and off-brand for my style.

If everything goes well, perhaps summer next year I'll post a reveal of my new beloved PB...

So, I just happened to be up at 4am this morning around when Barneys.com updated their sale section. I checked it out and saw there was a single Peekaboo Fit with Monster Eyes in stock - for 60% off:

View attachment 4107366
It says "Out of Stock" here, because after a bit of dithering I decided to buy it. Now, I'm not actually in the market for a briefcase (but if I were, I would be looking at the Fit and not a large women's Peekaboo - to be clear, here, I'm a woman!), but I am looking for a larger tote bag. I was thinking the Fit might actually work for me. The strap also looks long enough I could wear it crossbody comfortably, which I'd like to be able to do. But I'm worried that this is calf (I called Fendi to confirm that this is calfskin) and not selleria. The bag in my avatar is a regular calf Peekaboo, but I don't carry my MacBook Pro in it, which I'd hope to do with this bag. I'm wondering how the calfskin will hold up to more weight in the bag. Does anyone own a Peekaboo Fit in calf and, if so, would you be willing to share your opinion? Also, does the Fit slouch at all in real life? It seems kind of thin to slouch well. I'm mostly anti-slouch, but with the eyes on this one, I'd be more inclined to show them off. Honestly, in the end the bag may be too briefcase-like for me, but it was too tough to pass it up at that price! (I noticed on Fendi.com the price is currently $4550, so this was actually closer to 63% off current prices).
THAT IS SO WEIRD!!!! I wouldn't have thought any kind of PB would get discounted, I'm guessing the fit versions are not getting that much traction?

TBH, the price is quite enticing but, since its all black I wouldn't have gone for it, and also, I don't think I would go for that type of PB at all, the beauty or the quirkyness of the PB is the fact that the front panel has enough room and slouchyness to show the leather partition, and in my opinion with a fit it's very hard to show that effect.

Sorry I misread. I thought it was Selleria which is also calfskin.

It is pretty durable. I have a pair of Fendi shoes made with this leather and it's a lot more durable than I thought. I was afraid it was going to be a scratch magnet but it wasn't at all.
My mixed leather PB is calf/suede and surprisingly the calf half seems to be magically scratch resistant, it's so weird, I'd say anything by Fendi in any type of leather (suede I mean, suede is suede so a little care is mandatory but other than that) is a guarantee of sturdiness.

View attachment 4110205

I'm just posting this here as a follow-up in case anyone is interested. Here's the Peekaboo Fit with Monster Eyes I ordered from Barneys (once again, I'm a woman). This is a beautifully designed bag and has features I wish they'd incoporate into the women's version - like the full length pocket in the laptop compartment. I also like the full length zipper on that side. My new 15" MacBook Pro does not fit in it but the older 13" MacBook does. I can carry my son's iPad Mini and my Kindle side by side in that compartment with no problem. The other side is wide enough for my Fendi zip around wallet and other items with room to spare. I'm a little uncertain how much the bag will "slouch" over time though. I put my whipstitch elaphe Strap You on here, but the strap it comes with looks great and is very comfortable. The slim bag does not have feet - I doubt it would balance well if it did, so wear on the corners may be an issue. The slim profile is very attractive and gives it a less formal feel, imo, which is great for me as I wasn't looking for a briefcase.
The straps are fantastic, that's was such a deal you got, I didn't notice it was the fit version with the eyes inside, hopefully in time it will slouch enough for the eyes to pop out.

Now that I see your pics I wouldn't mind having that fit, hahaha.

Once again, congrats, it's a very nice bag, very versatile and you do know your way around mix and match with the bag accessories!

Thanks to your posting, I just realized Saks has the zucca PB, I just added it to my favorites, who knows, perhaps in the future it will be discounted and I might grab it impulsively, ahahahah, and yeah, just like @averagejoe said, that's a gorgeous PB and TBH a great deal!

Thanks to your posting, I just realized Saks has the zucca PB, I just added it to my favorites, who knows, perhaps in the future it will be discounted and I might grab it impulsively, ahahahah, and yeah, just like @averagejoe said, that's a gorgeous PB and TBH a great deal!

Thanks for letting me know it was helpful - I felt a little sheepish posting a notice about a deal that sold out so quickly. Another men's Peekaboo went on sale (selleria with yellow monster eyes) on Saks a few days ago, but it sold quite quickly, so I didn't post it here. I must admit, I'm envious about the good deals on the men's Peekaboos this season!

Thanks for letting me know it was helpful - I felt a little sheepish posting a notice about a deal that sold out so quickly. Another men's Peekaboo went on sale (selleria with yellow monster eyes) on Saks a few days ago, but it sold quite quickly, so I didn't post it here. I must admit, I'm envious about the good deals on the men's Peekaboos this season!
I think they're more common since men don't typically spend so much money on bags, regularly when a guy buys a bag or briefcase they stick to it and don't buy more and don't spend that much money on the items, I'm guessing, contrary to women who love accessories and bags and stuff, that's why Men's PBs get the discount (hopefully I'll get to take advantage of those opportunities).