Feeling kind of down: I hate when kids make fun of me :(

Your baby is month old. How on Earth arw going to loose 60 lbs. in a month?!?! If you've already lost 10, you're in the right track. It's a process so take it easy. Being a mommy isn't an easy job, so give yourself a break!

Hugs to you, don't let those morons get to you. You have a gorgeous baby & you will get the weight off.
You are tired & still hormones a bit crazy so try to relax, enjoy your baby, just eat sensibly & take what exercise you can at your own pace.
I remember something like this happening to me after my first child, I had a C section so wasn't allowed to exercise & still had a tummy. It was actually my ex's aunt who met me in a shop one day & asked very loudly "Are you pregnant again already?" It was so cruel as even if I had been she knew well it was way too soon to be showing" I was so embarrassed & cried for days but hell looking back on it I was such a fool for letting an ignorant woman do that to me.
Chin up girl & anyone who insults you is really someone who feels so inferior themselves! Don't give them any of your headspace, they are so not worth it! You may have extra kilos but heck look at what else you have for your trouble, the blessing of an adorable baby girl, be happy :heart:

Hon, I am sooo sad for you. Don't let them get you down. Raising a little one is so much work and takes up all your time! It'll take awhile for your body to get back to normal. Childbirth takes a lot out of you and you need time to allow your body to heal, hormones, to stablilize, and just to get the rest that you need. It really does suck the likfe outta you and all of us who have had a baby can relate to what you're going through. Julia is still young, you have so much time to get back to where you want to be. Don't rush it and don't worry about crazy kids. Take this time to rest and bond with your baby.

With my 1st I gained 38 pounds. I also breastfed and most of the weight came off eventually. When baby girl was 11 months I needed to lost 10-15 more pounds but got preggers again.

Please don't beat yourself up about this!!

Take it easy and hugs to you, Bart and Julia!

Not having a size 0 figure I had similar comments at school as I was growing up and as a teenager (and it certainly wasn't from having a baby.) I used to let it bother me me for ages after as I kept replaying the scenario in my own mind (With that bizaree logic of it was bad enough the first time so lets keep remembering it!!) That is until I came across the following technique, which may or may not work for you.

When I was remembering what they were saying it had a totally different effect if I gave them all the silliest cartoon voice I could think off, that very bit alone made the whole thing quite amusing to think off. I certainly couldn't take them seriously all sounding like a high pitched micky mouse!

Sometimes I would remember a particular scene be it like a snapshot of a look someone gave or maybe I was replaying the whole scene as an image. If I imagined shrinking the whole thing down and draining any colour out of what I was remembering it made a difference. As did seeing the whole experience as if I was watching from third parties view point a distance away infact I found I could move further and further away from it all so it was just a dot on the horizon.

Hope that helps,

Jen

Just remember that your are a beautiful women inside and out...

Well said! Beauty, sex appeal, all that stuff is entirely unrelated to numbers.

You might try that exercise from that TV lecture a while ago, it was this doctor talking to women Living with Menopause, but it will work for anybody.

Every day, you take off your clothes, look at yourself in the mirror, and say "Every day, I am more beautiful, every day, I am sexier, every day, I am hotter and more alluring," something like that.

The first few times you may feel silly, but if you will keep doing it, you will come to accept it, and once you accept it, so will all who behold your radiance!

Teenagers suck, LOL!

Don't take it too hard, they are just being mean because they're ignorant. Frankly I remember being mean-spirited at times when I was a teen, never dreaming that I too would get old/gain weight/etc etc. Well, guess what??? LOL. I have a teenaged stepson and while 99% of the time he's a nice kid, he's also, like most teens, very self-involved and doesn't realize how he comes off sometimes.

You just keep trying and enjoy your beautiful baby and hold your head up 'cause you've got it all over them!

Those kids are idiots.

It takes 4-6 weeks for just your uterus to shrink down!! I lost weight crazy fast after both girls but the first 2 months were not as fast. It was a slow start so don't get scared yet. LOL.

Im so sorry to hear that they hurt your feelings!!!!!

But remember...teenagers are silly and going through their phases and they dont know better....I have one at home..so I know from experience....

And...you just had a baby....Ive learned to recently stop comparing myself to others and feel more comfortable with me and my body...

Please feel better...dont let others ever make you feel bad....

Teens, especially girls, suck.:tdown:

I gained about 60 pounds with my son and just this very morning, I stepped on the scale and found out that I finally hit my pre-pregnancy weight--and he's 5 years old!!!! It has taken me this long to lose all of the weight.:rolleyes:

I have this aversion to exercise that I'm trying to overcome.:P Plus, the fact that I work for the world's largest chocolate company has not helped matters any.

Do not allow these people to bring you down, lami!

They are bratty, punk teenagers!

That being said, you are a wonderful mother doing what's best for your child. My obstetrician always said it takes about 3 months for your hormones to normalize when you're breastfeeding-your body is adjusting to new demands!. Hence, getting upset easily.

The weight will come off, I never lost quickly and breastfed all of them for almost a year each time. Your body is doing it's job for your baby and I'm sure you are glowing! Love it and ignore silly teens!

What a bunch of idiots those kids are. I say ignore them. They'll eventually get bored of such stupid behaviour once they realise it's not getting to you.

Besides, you can lose the weight. From what I read, they'll never lose their arseholeness.

Oh no, that is not childish at all! You do NOT deserve to be treated like that, and I hope those kids are miserable. I'm so sorry, you must feel terrible. I can't really advise on a weight loss plan, but it sounds like you're going with one and working hard at it, so you should be proud of yourself! And Julia is beautiful! You're so sweet, and it hurts me to think that people are being mean to you like that. I hope you're feeling better! HUG!

Those teenagers are exactly what you said, dumb. You are the sweetest ever and I know it totally hurts when kids do that kinda stuff. Anyways, they can have fun and get wasted and make fun of people. You are a stellar person who has a gorgeous baby! And just think about it this way. It took nine months to put all that weight on. To expect it to fall off just like that is out of the question. I know it would be super nice if it did but you just need to take things easy. I get upset by things like that too so I understand, but those kids will realize when they have more responsibilities and life isn't so peachy keen that life's more than about sitting around making fun of people.

I'm sure the baby weight will come off and what truly matters is that you love yourself and you have a wonderful family that cares about you. *hugs* we all love you here!