Favorite Foreign Phrases

what, perkele?

i don't think he'd appreciate it :roflmfao:

hmmm i'd better find a sound file of it, i'm not sure how to write it down..

oooh here..

http://virtual.finland.fi/speak/perkele.wav

he's not very passionate about it but the pronounciation is correct :lol:

Oh, I already told him. He told me the correct way to say it. I told him that the only way I could express my dissatisfaction at his exam was by swearing at him in Finnish.

(Don't worry, he isn't one to get offended by anything . He regularly refers to our homework submissions as a 'bunch of crap' among other things....he's very politically incorrect :P)

well, I am chinese so I say "Ai Ya" a lot when i hurt myself, or made a mistake or did some stupid silly things. Then back in school my american friends started using that phase too!

lol i say this too:yes: but for me it's *slightly* more emphasized like this:

"Aiii YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" LOL!

I love WANKER!!

I hate SNOG, and BRILLIANT. UGH, they say brilliant alot in Harry Potter and I don't know why it bothers me so much but it does!!

OH and I hate BLIMEY, not even sure what that means.........:confused1:

Oh, I already told him. He told me the correct way to say it. I told him that the only way I could express my dissatisfaction at his exam was by swearing at him in Finnish.

(Don't worry, he isn't one to get offended by anything . He regularly refers to our homework submissions as a 'bunch of crap' among other things....he's very politically incorrect :P)

:roflmfao: well as long as it won't affect your grade.....

I speak French, and I'd say: "an-nah-nah"
annanas wrote a Finnish swear word ("perkele"). I have a Finnish professor who gave us a terrible final, so I wanted her to tell me the pronounciation of that word so that I could go tell my professor.

I did end up telling him that, and he told me how to say it right :P.....most times you wouldn't say any kind of swear words to your prof, but he's Finnish and according to him most Finns aren't too woried about political correctness.

He said he'd give me an A-.

I love WANKER!!

I hate SNOG, and BRILLIANT. UGH, they say brilliant alot in Harry Potter and I don't know why it bothers me so much but it does!!

OH and I hate BLIMEY, not even sure what that means.........:confused1:

you would use blimey in the same way as you would use gosh,

eg, gosh that bag is expensive, blimey that bag is expensive!

It's not foreign to me but - Whoopsie Daisies, I always get funny looks if I say that in public haha. Everytime I say it now (which happens a lot working in childcare) I think of Notting Hill and how much she laughs when Hugh Grant says it.

I LOVE to say to Vlad, "das ist nicht besonders gut"

In German, just means, "this is not very good". For some reason the word besonders is so fun to say!