Favorite Foreign Phrases

Lol, we use perkele as well - adopted from finnish. It was particularily popular after a tv-show a couple of years ago where there was a finnish caracter who said it all the time, and after that, everybody started using it. Brilliant word.

piirka? :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

actually, i have a piirka dvd and he never says perkele, always some strange modified version like "peileneitte" :confused1:?

Define "foreign." :devil:

that's what i thought too :devil:

me and my friends use 'Yassou' a lot to say hello to each other, even in text messages! It's hello in Greek!

Cherry Pie - I love north-east accents and sayings!! a good friend of mine at uni is a geordie, i could listen to her all day! also, being from Sunderland, i assume your a Sunderland fan, so congrats on promotion to the Premiership!!

I use "vamanos" to shoo my SO out of the house when we're late or in a hurry. I use "vite" in a similar way, a habit I picked up when I was an assistant dance teacher.

If I'm speaking to SO and he says something that sounds untrue or just wrong, or it surprises me, I tend to use "Ce n'est pas possible" Yeah, sad I know. Other random French phrases are used also, it's a habit because I've been taking French classes for so long.

me and my friends use 'Yassou' a lot to say hello to each other, even in text messages! It's hello in Greek!

Cherry Pie - I love north-east accents and sayings!! a good friend of mine at uni is a geordie, i could listen to her all day! also, being from Sunderland, i assume your a Sunderland fan, so congrats on promotion to the Premiership!!
haha, im about the only person that isnt bothered about the football right now. but that reminds me - haway the lads= what people say at football, means come on, get on with it.