FAKE Bottega Veneta from Bergdorf Goodman

wt88, so glad things worked out for you, and hope your love of handbags returns. I don't order bags from websites either but was so tempted to order a BV from NM until I read these horror fraud stories...do take care and breathe deeply that this ordeal is over...

this is really terrible...what's happening to kim and wt88...I was soooo tempted to order a BV bag from NM but will totally rethink it now!! Does anyone know how long it takes to get a bag from the BV website?
I'm sosooo sorry this is happening to you two ladies, but, don't let up on these companies. They need to pay for their faulty mistakes.

The 'safe' way to order from NM or BG or Saks is to call the BV SA at a store and have them pick your bag and ship it to you.
I call Mann at NM White Plains 914-428-2000, at Bergdorfs speak with Jody, she is the best! 212 872-2555. At Saks, I call Anne at Chevy Chase store 301-657-9000. DONT buy a bag your trusted SA has not had her hands on!

wt880014 - :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Well, kim77 and wt88 are NOT the only 2 ladies here who were sent a fake BV. I just got a black veneta from Saks.com today and it was ALSO a terrible fake. In fact, it looks surprisingly JUST like the one from Kim's photos, which makes me wonder if this is the same source of counterfeiters, "returning" the same batches of fakes. I spoke to the Saks.com customer service and they said they'd have Fed-Ex pick it up next week. I insisted that I want to return it to my local store tonight and after speaking to her supervisor, the rep said I should be able to do that, and if the store gives me any problems, to call the online customer number as they noted my complaints under my order number. I really hope that I don't run into any problems when I go to the store later. This is making me sick to my stomach.

I am just catching up on this thread. First of all, I am terribly sorry that you had to experience this.

Aside from the bait and switch scenario that happens to many a department store, I must also tell you something that my SIL shared with me. She works for the Department of Homeland Security in Customs and Border protection. Part of her job is to physically inspect the contents of some of the containers that come into the ports. They have caught several major department stores buying and importing goods from less-than-reputable sources.

She will never shop at a department store after seeing all of this. She buys all of her clothing and such from local second-hand boutiques. It is very sad, but it happens when stores want to cut corners and cut costs :Push:

OMG...reading this thread is making me ill, as well. Thinking shopping at BG is potentially as risky as ebay :mad:...I've never ordered from any of these stores online, I always use my SAs (and your NM SA can phone BG and get their merchandise, which is usually superior to Neiman's) but I am thinking now I need an SA in every department in each store who knows each line specifically - especially after the remarks about obviously fake Chloe bags at SFA. This is beyond terrible, what is the world coming to? Thank you Ranag for telling us all about this! :flowers:

hello ladies~ i just wanted to share the good news~ I just checked my amex account and saw the credit back from bergdorf. :smile: no more headache~
i won't be buying any designer bag from department store. especially the bags on sale.
if i must do, i will be using amex again. ;)

my goodness. I cant belieev that BG is selling fakes and then not taking responsiblity for it! Suppose the buyer doesnt know they purchased a fake? This is ridiculous

thankfully there is a BV boutique in VA but this really sucks for those who don't live near any boutiques and have to rely on "authorized retailers"

hello ladies~ i just wanted to share the good news~ I just checked my amex account and saw the credit back from bergdorf. :smile: no more headache~
i won't be buying any designer bag from department store. especially the bags on sale.
if i must do, i will be using amex again. ;)
glad it worked out. thanks for the info- i will try to use my amex whenever i can.

The sad thing is, you have to be careful no matter where you shop. All too often the SAs aren't trained well and there are some "uber fakes" out there.

I got an Hermes scarf on eBay that's a fake that fooled several experienced SAs.

I'm glad everything worked out in the long run. What a nail biter.