FAKE BAG... what do I do..?

I guess maybe if you refused delivery, PP has no way of determining it's a fake. IDK. I wouldn't open the box until you speak with PP to confirm that it's OK to do so.

Their rules are just weird.

IMO... if EBAY removed the listing and says I am under no obligation to pay, then surely ebay beleives the bag to be fake...? Which should be enough proof for paypal??
Ebay even pulled the listing from MY SUMMARY, so I can't leave feedback, cannot do anything.... it all just DISAPPEARED.
I am NEVER doing this again.....:noggin:

Last edited:
Has seller contacted you? Unfortunately, it looks like you will need to take the bag. I know that I had to receive the wallet and then send it back. But pp nor ebay got into it, it all was done between the seller and I. But I had never called pp and talked to them. I did talk to ebay about it, and they just said what I was already doing and when the time came, I could escalate it. Have you contacted the seller about the canceled auction releasing you from it and asked them to refund your money?

I've been reading that if you pay with cc, you can do a charge back.
Have you contacted your bank to stop payment?
Just some ideas.

If ebay says that you are under no obligation to pay then dont sign for the package. That way you wont be resposible for postage to send it back. PP will refund your money without a dispute because the transaction was removed. Try calling them to see when your money will be refunded.

I honestly don't know WHAT is going on or WHAT to do. As best I can tell, Ebay and PP don't communicate much.
Ebay removed the listing & said "you have no obligation to pay". And when I emailed support back about the fact that I had ALREADY paid, their response was gibberish about "sorry your item has not arrived yet, contact the seller, as there can be explained delays in shipping"... GOOD GRIEF.
Paypal says I MUST accept the bag when it arrives BECAUSE I intiated the dispute as "item not received" and if I refuse it, seller automatically wins. I told them (on the phone) that Ebay had removed the listing and said I had no obligation to pay. PP said they would have to investigate WHY listing was removed and get back to me. P does not know what E is doing and vice-versa!
So here I sit.... I will call PP again later and ask again about accepting or refusing the item. I am thinking I should have just LEFT IT ALONE until it arrived. The fact that I filed my claim as "item not arrived" really seems to be confusing the entire issue. And, I will ask about elevating to a SNAD... even tho the item is NOT delivered yet?
:cursing::cursing::cursing:

Did you pay w credit card?

Personally I would refuse the package and just file a claim w/ cc company.

What about this seller? How's communication?
Were you able to request contact information before ebay removed the listing?

Can you pm me the seller's id?

Well... I just talked to PP again... Per this young lady, because I filed as item not received, I MUST accept it. Once it arrives and is signed for, that claim will disappear and the money will be released to the seller. THEN, I have to RE-FILE a SNAD, MAYBE pay for an AUTH letter, and MAYBE send it back to PP. She says the fact that ebay pulled the listing is IRRELEVANT to PP as far as AUTH is concerned and does not mean that I will get my money back.
I can tell you this... IN THIS INSTANCE, filing prior to receiving item was a HUGE mistake.

Latest update... 3rd call to PP today...
AND now they are telling me that there is a ONE CLAIM per transaction rule, seller will get his money as soon as I receive the package and THEN I can only file a SNAD w/ PP permission. WHAT ???????????????????

ANOTHER update... OMG...
Talked to Tony, a supervisor. The ONE CLAIM per transaction rule is true. As soon as I receive the merchandise, the claiim is closed, seller gets his money. If I believe the item to be FAKE, I then have to CALL PP and ask them to re-file a SNAD. Then the counterfeit review team will review my case, determine IF they want the bag, IF they want a letter from an auth serv, etc....
This is a damn nightmare......
DO NOT FILE on a fake item PRIOR to receiving it. EVER.

I don't know why you filed it as Item not rec'd? Regardless, paypal has before converted one claim to SNAD from INR. I mean it could totally happen that an item is not received and then later it is, and it is fake. I would contact paypal and ask that they convert it, as you have rec'd a counterfeit and it is illegal that they force you to pay for it on a technicality. Tell them otherwise you will need to do a credit card chargeback.

Hi I need some advice on a fake chloe paddington i purchased from ebay, after i payed something in my gut said something was going to go wrong.
Firstly the listing was removed and my funds were being held in paypal, I was happy with this i thought i would get my money back, then i got the dreaded bag oh my god it was plastic and sooo fake, then paypal cleared the seller and released the funds to her after i had contacted them and told them that her listing was not the same as the item i received.
Im now in a claim process with paypal and it just seems that they are all for the seller even after they investigated her for fraud. I now have 10 days to send a letter of not authentic and have nowhere to turn, could i have some advice i live in the uk with no stores that can do this for me, help please somebody.

I don't know why you filed it as Item not rec'd? Regardless, paypal has before converted one claim to SNAD from INR. I mean it could totally happen that an item is not received and then later it is, and it is fake. I would contact paypal and ask that they convert it, as you have rec'd a counterfeit and it is illegal that they force you to pay for it on a technicality. Tell them otherwise you will need to do a credit card chargeback.
Unfortunately, I CLICKED item not received, because you have 2 choices when filing a dispute... ITEM RECVD, ITEM NOT RECVD... I had NOT received the item, so that was the choice I made at the time. I then EXPLAINED my dispute, not really understanding that my COMPLAINT would be "item not recvd"... silly me, I thought they would actually READ my explanation about item being counterfeit. WRONG.
And TONY did say that ONCE ITEM RECIEVED, I have to CALL PP and ask that it be re-instated as a SNAD. I have talked to 4 different people today, 3 calls. NONE would go ahead and escalate to a SNAD. The claim will be awarded to the seller tomorrow when I sign for the bag, and then I have to call PP and start over.
I truly wish I had waited until the bag arrived.

Can you reject the bag I wonder? Then, the bag is not rec'd and they will get it back? And you will get your money back? Doesn't paypal need to see that it was rec'd?

WELL... one PP rep "sort of" suggested that today, 2 other reps & spvsr said that if fed-ex attempts to deliver and I refuse, then seller automatically wins, as I refused the shipment.

I bought a LV bag off ebay which turned out to be fake. I immediately contacted the seller. She was desperate to keep her profile clean, so I got an immediate refund. Then she turned around and relisted the bag. I really think the majority of authentic designer goods on ebay are a scam. Some are probably legit.