Review Eyebrow threading

I love threading! Just like everything else, some threaders are better than others. I used to go to a threader who was very methodical and only threaded in the direction of the hair growth, so it was much less painful. I've never seen another threader who uses that technique, but I must have a pretty high pain threshold because I don't mind it. I get brows and upper lip done.

I love the shaping you get from threading. Waxing just isn't the same.

Do you think threading is good for virgin brows?

I typically tweeze my own brows so I've never had them waxed or threaded before. I'm a bit hesitant!

I don't see why not. I was like you before, I tweeze my own but I had my brows done (threading) the first time and let me tell you, it hurts like hell. LOL. but then again my tolerance is very low so that's why. Don't even get me started on the upper lip LOL.

But after the 1st time, the pain should be ok. Like someone may have already commented it also depends on the person giving you the service. Some have light hands, some not so much. Idk about others but when I get my brows threaded, it seems that it takes longer for it to grow back. Anyway, goodluck if you decide to do it.

I've never gotten my eyebrows threaded in the US but always in Turkey, where eyebrows are very important. They did it for $5 and they came out amazing so I keep going back each time I visit the country. After a while, I learned how to thread myself but it's never as good as they do it. I prefer to just thread my upper lip and chin myself and let the professionals do the eyebrows...

i finally tried threading and really didn't find it painful at all. i definitely felt it, but it didn't hurt so much that i would call it pain or even discomfort.

i had my eyebrows and upper lip done. my only complaint is that she didn't get every single little hair- not sure if this is normal or not. she got about 99%.

I've always been a wax kinda girl. But it is rather painful :sad: I have seen the threading and am kinda anxious to try but a little stand-offish. Does it hurt compared to the way waxing hurts?

Threading can be extremely painful ,depends on skill of threading person and how much experience they have .For 5$ or 10$ it can be less experienced ppl who are learning to thread and giving u pain,let them know when its so painful so they know.One more thing ,the more u leave ur brows to grow out in between sessions and longer the hair ,more painful it is.

with threading hair grows faster ,with wax its slow growth as with roots its gone but not that precise.

i love both but i m picky with my threading technician ,i don't like many of them now a days.

I've always been a wax kinda girl. But it is rather painful :sad: I have seen the threading and am kinda anxious to try but a little stand-offish. Does it hurt compared to the way waxing hurts?
waxing is less painful!but again its personal opinion which can change from person to persontry out for urself ,hope u might agree with me.lol

The threading places around here were super cheap and now they're raising their prices. I know everyone has to make a living but like a 40% increase was kind of unexpected.

How long does threading last for you guys?

I go to a little salon to get mine and it's £6. I could probably find a more professional place to go but this place is literally a 30 second walk from my front door ha! Mine seems to last around a week really well then the little annoying hairs start coming back.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I find threading less painful than waxing b/c there's no skin being taken away by wax. My brow area is never red afterwards. I never have skin issues with threading, but waxing occassionally left red bumps on my brow.

I use to wax before and decided to try threading because my skin is quite sensitive! I am so glad I have because my skin is calmer and there is more precision especially when you want fuller eyebrows. However, I find the pain excruciating haha!

Love threading but haven't done it for years. My grandma used to thread my upper lip and cheeks until she was in her nineties. :smile: Then I took a class on how to do self-threading but it's hard to do!