Experiences with SELLING to Bag Borrow or Steal

ok ,are to talking to me? I am sorry if I offended anyone by posting this thread :confused1:

Trolls aren't worth talking to or acknowledging... You were fine for posting this thread! Don't be sorry!

--

Anyways, I never knew BBS would take your bag and sell it... I will have to email them.. Which email address for them did you use?

I've had really good success cleaning out my closet on Ebay and have sold a lot of bags as well as other items. Generally people have been super nice - I think the key is to post good clear pictures and a detailed description of what you are selling. Also, be sure and check out what other bags like yours are selling for so you price them to sell. You should definately give it a try.

I've had really good success cleaning out my closet on Ebay and have sold a lot of bags as well as other items. Generally people have been super nice - I think the key is to post good clear pictures and a detailed description of what you are selling. Also, be sure and check out what other bags like yours are selling for so you price them to sell. You should definately give it a try.

Remember few days ago their was a article about how someone got a lawsuit for leaving neutral feedback...my DH read that and got more scared..I mean he is even scared to use CC and even bank card and prefer using only cash..... and I am the opposite ! He is getting better though... If ebay is the way to go , then I have to do it secretly! muuuhhhahahhahaaaaaaaaa. anyways, I am still waiting for a reply from BBS.

I have had very minor issues with eBay, nothing major. Overall a great selling experience for me personally. In the last month have sold almost $1000 worth of stuff and it's been all good.

I'm interested to hear what BBS has to offer...

Eep! Another possibility of selling my bag at BBS? I guess I won't have to wait for the day I'll be able to open up that dreadful Seller's account (which won't happen for a very long time). I just hope they'll ask for a reasonable price though. Hehe.

Please keep us posted. Anymore possibilities of selling used purses would be wonderful. The easier they are, the better. :tup:

Ebay is a great place to unload your bags. Only thing is, they are going through some massive policy changes that greatly affect sellers. Take a look around Ebay's Policy announcement page and our own Ebay subforum for further details.

If you haven't really sold before, I suggest selling some stuff around the house first to get your feet wet. There are just so many nuances to Ebay that it's best to have a couple of "practice" auctions first on smaller insignificant stuff to get to know the system better. This will help you better prepare for listing higher ticket items later on.

Here's a run through of some seller stuff that is good to know:

In order to be covered under paypal seller protection policy (SPP) you must ship to a confirmed address. Only the US and certain Canadian and UK addresses are eligible. Selling an item over $250? SPP mandates that you provided Signature requirement on your shipments. Build that into your shipping quote when you are listing your item.

To ship Internationally, only accept Postal money orders to avoid any false claims of non-receipt by Paypal. Send the item with some sort of tracking (USPS global express includes this) so that you can give a status update of your item in case the item is held up in customs. Let the buyer know that the cost of the item does not include any customs fees incurred.

If for now you are only trying to sell within the US and are just making an exception in this case, try changing your personal settings in Ebay to block bidders with a non-US ship to address. If you do want to make an exception, there is an exemption block list on Ebay you can add the International bidder's name to.

Also, in Paypal under "payment receiving preferences" you can block non-US payments as well. This is to ensure that International buyers don't "accidentally" pay you with paypal.

Need boxes to ship and are using USPS priority mail? You can order them free at usps.com!

good luck with the purge and keep us updated!

Yeah that is one thing to know about, I sell on Ebay all the time, and you pretty much have to factor after Ebay/Paypal fees you lose appx. 10% of the sale to that. So if I sell something for $300, I minus $30 and I will make $270. It works for me and is usually spot on. Kind of stinks because the buyer could get a better deal and the seller has to raise the price a bit just to make any money.. but of course I guess they have to have their cut. :rolleyes:

Ebay is a great place to unload your bags. Only thing is, they are going through some massive policy changes that greatly affect sellers. Take a look around Ebay's Policy announcement page and our own Ebay subforum for further details.

If you haven't really sold before, I suggest selling some stuff around the house first to get your feet wet. There are just so many nuances to Ebay that it's best to have a couple of "practice" auctions first on smaller insignificant stuff to get to know the system better. This will help you better prepare for listing higher ticket items later on.

Here's a run through of some seller stuff that is good to know:

In order to be covered under paypal seller protection policy (SPP) you must ship to a confirmed address. Only the US and certain Canadian and UK addresses are eligible. Selling an item over $250? SPP mandates that you provided Signature requirement on your shipments. Build that into your shipping quote when you are listing your item.

To ship Internationally, only accept Postal money orders to avoid any false claims of non-receipt by Paypal. Send the item with some sort of tracking (USPS global express includes this) so that you can give a status update of your item in case the item is held up in customs. Let the buyer know that the cost of the item does not include any customs fees incurred.

If for now you are only trying to sell within the US and are just making an exception in this case, try changing your personal settings in Ebay to block bidders with a non-US ship to address. If you do want to make an exception, there is an exemption block list on Ebay you can add the International bidder's name to.

Also, in Paypal under "payment receiving preferences" you can block non-US payments as well. This is to ensure that International buyers don't "accidentally" pay you with paypal.

Need boxes to ship and are using USPS priority mail? You can order them free at usps.com!

good luck with the purge and keep us updated!

Aawwwwwwwww thanks so much for taking the time to post these important things. I love this purse forum....you guys are really sweet!

BBS did not get back to me yet. I will keep u all updated !