Everything Barenia Faubourg

I know it can be confusing with different leathers called similar names, but this thread is for Barenia Faubourg only.

For the original (smooth) Barenia please post here:

Reactions: mmvv22
It is a sin to love these as much as I do. The magnificent cashmere shawl was a Christmas present.
I am gearing up to take BFF on a trip in early February and I hope she will be a fun companion and not a constant, PITA worry. She has her own XL pilage for the airport and plane ride. I made the decision that I need to stop coveting and start using.
I just can't get over your shawl. In love!!

Reactions: Birkinitis
Thank you. Could it be worn crossbody?

I’m about 5’4” and felt it was a little short to wear crossbody. It was doable but I just felt like it hit a bit higher than I would like - maybe high waist area?
Hi I agree with allure.
I tried this bag on before Christmas in lamb rather than BF but I am 5’ 2” and felt it was too short.
I had two layers on at the time as it was cold but even so, I felt the strap wasn’t long enough.
It also shortened when you opened the bag as the strap is threaded through the top if you know what I mean.
Might be better worn shoulder carry rather than cross body.
The Evelyne TPM is a much better length for me.
Hope that helps.
:flowers:

That kelly looks gorgeous, as do all of your bags. I’m pretty much at the end of my bag buying years so I will not be indulging in a BF K or B, but I was happy to add the BF Aline a few weeks ago. For those interested in sizing, it is a perfect crossbody on my frame, 5’2” with a short torso. The top of the bag is exactly at my waist. I love that’s it’s flat under my coat and it fits my phone, glasses, Calvi and lip balm without bulging. BF is gorgeous, I’m happy to find a little piece for my collection.

View attachment 4329202 View attachment 4329203

Just got this beauty today:
Kelly II Veau Fauve Barenia Faubourg in size 32 retourne and palladium hardware.

Someone was offered a gorgeous black croc constance 24 with diamonds.... I didn't even bother to pretend not to stare. I definitely looked from a distance. Not sure if it was purchased by them or not.
Quoting this here for future reference!

Reactions: dharma
I think someone mentioned storage in another thread the other day...this is how I store MINE...not saying I’m right and someone else is wrong, this is my preference. View attachment 4002219View attachment 4002220

I store mine upright in my closet, with dust bag, closed and bag insert/stuffed.

I was told by my SA that normally togo and BF leather should be stored lying down to avoid slouching too fast.

Reactions: WingNut