Everything Barenia Faubourg

I know it can be confusing with different leathers called similar names, but this thread is for Barenia Faubourg only.

For the original (smooth) Barenia please post here:

Reactions: mmvv22
I think someone mentioned storage in another thread the other day...this is how I store MINE...not saying I’m right and someone else is wrong, this is my preference. View attachment 4002219View attachment 4002220

I store mine upright in my closet, with dust bag, closed and bag insert/stuffed.
Looks like a wonderful collection! I currently put mine in the box now, but do want to take it out of the bag eventually and stick on the shelf eventually.

the white stitching is gorgeous!

Haha. I was referring generally to this thread/post about Barenia Faubourg, but yes, I love :heart: the contrast stitching, not to mention the tone-on-tone stamp, both of which are standard on Barenia handbags in Fauve I think...perhaps the experts can chime in. :smile:

Also, I think this thread should include a Barenia scent button. @okiern1981, as the OP, can you get on that?! :lol:;)

Haha. I was referring generally to this thread/post about Barenia Faubourg, but yes, I love :heart: the contrast stitching, not to mention the tone-on-tone stamp, both of which are standard on Barenia handbags in Fauve I think...perhaps the experts can chime in. :smile:

Also, I think this thread should include a Barenia scent button. @okiern1981, as the OP, can you get on that?! :lol:;)

The Barenia assassin is on it [emoji317]! The tone in tone stamp and contrast stitch are for Fauve. I think it’s tonal stitching on the VO, Indigo, Ebene and Noir. VN has a tonal stamp as well, and Chamonix has a brown ink stamp. Which is why it’s terribly hard sometimes to differentiate! (Gives me a bloody headache sometimes, which is why I’m so very grateful for the experts here!)

If I could make a scent button...I’d be richer than Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Elon Musk and all them combined. You’d get a generous cut of it for the idea!

May I ask how is this different from a Gold?

Faubourg should, in theory, age and patina like classic Barenia. Meaning, it’ll darken and get a sheen over time. I’ve noticed with the use my BF has had its subtly darker than my gold GP (which is my color change guidepost). IMG_0278.jpg

The image was taken the day after I got my Barenia Faubourg. So, taken 2/24/18.

oh yes, the smell! Leather honey *Drools

Reactions: sfadman
Faubourg should, in theory, age and patina like classic Barenia. Meaning, it’ll darken and get a sheen over time. I’ve noticed with the use my BF has had its subtly darker than my gold GP (which is my color change guidepost). View attachment 4002321

awesome GP in Barenia... I wonder if they still make those these days...

Reactions: NewHermesParent
Faubourg should, in theory, age and patina like classic Barenia. Meaning, it’ll darken and get a sheen over time. I’ve noticed with the use my BF has had its subtly darker than my gold GP (which is my color change guidepost). View attachment 4002321

Oh my!! You are lucky to have a large gold piece for comparison (I only have a belt and Orans). I am looking forward to maybe seeing this comparison again in a few months as your bag develops. [emoji847]

I think someone mentioned storage in another thread the other day...this is how I store MINE...not saying I’m right and someone else is wrong, this is my preference. View attachment 4002219View attachment 4002220

I store mine upright in my closet, with dust bag, closed and bag insert/stuffed.

I am interested to know what you prefer for stuffing? Do you stick with the air bags or some other method (pillow? T-shirt’s??) I am currently exploring different storage ideas for my BF. I tend to prefer to lay my bags on their backs (I have memory foam cushions on shelves), but also wondering if this will affect the patina process at all on BF. I wonder......

Reactions: Sus

Also, your collection is amazing and I wish there was a way to peek under each of those sleepers to see who is hiding in them [emoji847]

I am interested to know what you prefer for stuffing? Do you stick with the air bags or some other method (pillow? T-shirt’s??) I am currently exploring different storage ideas for my BF. I tend to prefer to lay my bags on their backs (I have memory foam cushions on shelves), but also wondering if this will affect the patina process at all on BF. I wonder......

Since I got the bag organizer I’ve left it in, but until it came in I used a pair of old cotton sweats and an old T shirt. I think there are a variety of ways to store your babies, and I think it is based on what you have and what you like. I’m not an expert by ANY means; this is just what works for me.

Not sure about the patina....interesting thought though...