Ever look forward to the day a bag is to arrive only to be let DOWN???

I usually don't get to, but prefer to pick my bag out too! Ive never purchased from FP in person but was wondering - do they just bring you one from the back and have floor models for everyone to look at? Then if you wanna inspect it you have to ask and look all OCD in front of everyone? At least at the outlet you get what you grab.

I usually don't get to, but prefer to pick my bag out too! Ive never purchased from FP in person but was wondering - do they just bring you one from the back and have floor models for everyone to look at? Then if you wanna inspect it you have to ask and look all OCD in front of everyone? At least at the outlet you get what you grab.

Yes, they have a floor model and bring you one from the back. I usually will ask them if I can look at it before they wrap it up and they are like "of course!" If I am paying for it, I am gonna get one that is fully inspected by me! I dont care if I do look OCD, I am as a matter of fact so it does not offend me in the least!

tnsweetness said:
Yes, they have a floor model and bring you one from the back. I usually will ask them if I can look at it before they wrap it up and they are like "of course!" If I am paying for it, I am gonna get one that is fully inspected by me! I dont care if I do look OCD, I am as a matter of fact so it does not offend me in the least!

But you only get to see the 1 - I wanna see more than 1 and pick the best, like you often can at the outlet - especially with leather. I'm OCD too. I would at least check it out / what if there is a problem? I suppose they go grab another. Weird - I used to think they barely had any stock at fp since there arent many bags out lol - will they let u buy the floor model if you want?

I ordered the Raspberry Gathered Leather Sophia Sunday night with PCE. Paid the extra shipping to get it here today and when I open the box, it looks like CRAP.

I had my camera out to do a reveal even tho it has been revealed many times but when I got the dustbag out, it was such a big disappointment that I put the camera away.

It was packaged very nicely all wrapped up on with tissue paper inside the dust bag. As soon as I pulled the tissue paper off, it went downhill from there.

The dustbag had black marks that looked like grease all over it. I had a sinking feeling the rest of the bag would not be up to par as well...

Well, the good news is there is no grease on the bag. The bad news is that the pleats on the front left hand side of the bottom are non-existent. It is completely flat. And the right hand side in the middle they are flattened out as well. Also, the tag is attached to the bag but the price is gone. Where the perforated MSRP price is usually located is torn off.

It clearly looks like a return to me. I was planning on taking it for a PA but I dont think that I want to keep it now. It looks bad already and I know from having the gathered leather bags, it will only relax more over time.

So, now I have to decide if I want to keep it and try to get the PA bringing it down to around $209 or just return it to FP and get my almost $400 back. Or trade it for the Aubergine. I just don't think that this bag is worth the even $200 that it would be at outlet price.

Oh yeah, LAST WEEK, I ordered the Sun canvas sneakers in the online sale to match my tote. I ordered a 6.5. I got them, the box says 6.5 and the shoes say 6.5 but when I tried them on, they look like they are about an 8.5! I am about to be done with Coach.

Sorry there are no pics but I think any of you that own a gathered leather bag know how bad it looks. I was just too upset to take pics!
This is not exceptable at all! Not for a full priced bag.

I picked up my Raspberry Gathered Leather Sophia last week from my local outlet mall and paid 209.00. It still has the full price tag on it with the MSRP price and the bag is in far better shape then what yours is showing in your pics.

This is not exceptable at all! Not for a full priced bag.

I picked up my Raspberry Gathered Leather Sophia last week from my local outlet mall and paid 209.00. It still has the full price tag on it with the MSRP price and the bag is in far better shape then what yours is showing in your pics.

I have no doubt that yours looks better! It could have been run over by a lawnmower and look better than this one!

I might just send this back altogether too and go by your advise to handpick! Never getting onlines again

Yep...that is my plan, never online again for a textured bag such as this!

But you only get to see the 1 - I wanna see more than 1 and pick the best, like you often can at the outlet - especially with leather. I'm OCD too. I would at least check it out / what if there is a problem? I suppose they go grab another. Weird - I used to think they barely had any stock at fp since there arent many bags out lol - will they let u buy the floor model if you want?

Oh if there is a problem with the one they bring out, I do not hesitate to ask them to bring another. It is their JOB after all! IDK about the floor model...I do know ppl have had to take the floor model as it is the last one available.

Beautiful color, but DANG!!! ITA - RUN, don't walk to the nearest FP store!

Not acceptable! Return and get your money back.

Yep ladies, that is the plan!

UPDATE!

I took this bag back today and got my money plus shipping back on my card. The Manager was so sweet and apologized profusely. I told her it was not her fault. She said she had never saw a Sophia with absolutely NO GATHERS whatsoever. Before I left, I ordered the Persimmon Hailey, with the PCE and she added free overnight shipping.

She did tell me that there would be a new NAVY Gathered Leather with GUNMETAL hardware coming soon. It was in the computer to be ordered but I WAS NOT INTERESTED! I already have the Midnight but I will NEVER order another gathered bag EVER. I will HAND PICK it myself if I must have another!

UPDATE!

I took this bag back today and got my money plus shipping back on my card. The Manager was so sweet and apologized profusely. I told her it was not her fault. She said she had never saw a Sophia with absolutely NO GATHERS whatsoever. Before I left, I ordered the Persimmon Hailey, with the PCE and she added free overnight shipping.

She did tell me that there would be a new NAVY Gathered Leather with GUNMETAL hardware coming soon. It was in the computer to be ordered but I WAS NOT INTERESTED! I already have the Midnight but I will NEVER order another gathered bag EVER. I will HAND PICK it myself if I must have another!
Navy with gunmetal hw - that may need to go on my wishlist!:yes:

Can't wait to see your persimmon Hailey (and Abby better be in the pics LOL)

Navy with gunmetal hw - that may need to go on my wishlist!:yes:

Can't wait to see your persimmon Hailey (and Abby better be in the pics LOL)

OH I will make sure she is...I may even put her Halloween costume on her early and take a pic of her in it for you!!

As long as you hand pick that Navy gl you should be good to go girl!

tnsweetness said:
UPDATE!

Good news! Hope to see a happy hailey reveal soon :smile: I'm afraid of gathered leather, is it more expensive because it takes so much more leather since it's folded instead of flat? (well yours was flat anyway)

Good news! Hope to see a happy hailey reveal soon :smile: I'm afraid of gathered leather, is it more expensive because it takes so much more leather since it's folded instead of flat? (well yours was flat anyway)

Yes, I think that is why it is more expensive. But the leather on the newer ones is much thinner than the older versions. It doesnt feel much like leather at all.

Yes, I think that is why it is more expensive. But the leather on the newer ones is much thinner than the older versions. It doesnt feel much like leather at all.

Good to know, thanks! The gathereds have never spoken to me but my collection is void of navy and with gunmetal . . . swoon! I was just about to add it to my list but will have to go in and inspect them rather than my SA just calling and shipping. That stinks they continue to charge so much when the quality has gone downhill. Glad to hear you got a little something else coming your way though!