Ever had a purse STOLEN!?

horrific stories. :shocked:

i have one too. i go to a catholic high school, so we rarely dress down becos of uniform. on a dress down day, i brought my LV mc pochette to school. i left it in my locker knowing i would be irresponsible with it considering we switch classes from room to room and whatnot, after school, to my utter disappointment, it wasn't in my locker anymore. my jacket and iPod were also taken from my locker that day. greeeat. :huh:

My grandfather used to rent rooms out of his house years ago. A situation erupted with one of his tenants and the police were called. My entire family went to the house to see what was going on. I knew I wouldn't be able to maintain a purse while everything was going on, so I shoved by bag (Coach Stewardess Sac) under the seat of my car. Someone must've seen me do it because a half hour later when I came back out to my car, the window was broken and my bag was gone. :crybaby: After cleaning up the glass, I drove to the nearest police station to file a report. The next day, I got a call from the Police that my purse was found in an alley, so I got her back safe and sound. :smile:

I had my wallet stolen once. I had it in my backpack when I got out of the cab at the train station, and in the short walk to the train, the thief had popped the buckle, untied the drawstring, pulled open the backpack, unzipped the inside pocket and took out the wallet. All without my knowing. I had about $100 in there, luckily nothing else (I was travelling).

I was pretty pissed, but I have to say, that's one skillful thief.
What? :wtf:

Unfortunately Yes, someone or sometwo as the police think, broke into our house while my DH and I were out of town. Completely ramsacked our bedroom. So many things were stolen, Jewelry, money and all of my handbags. Even our liquor which I found very odd. I felt so violated. The only good thing that came out of it, was that my DH felt so bad because it was mostly my things that were stolen, he let me start all over with a new handbag collection. So I'm still working on it!
OMGosh! I would die if someone stole my entire handbag collection. :crybaby:

Unfortunately, yes. I was in high school and had borrowed a bag from my mom :wtf: <~ I know, right, it wasn't even MY bag. I can't remember what it was, but I do know it must have been somewhat expensive cuz my mom always bought (and still does) her bags from Dillards. Anyway, I used to HATE carrying purses when I was in high school - I was a TOTAL tom-boy... lol. But, I HAD to carry one that day for "personal reasons"... Not thinking, I put it down for like a split second inside the band room (yes, I was a band dork, lol) and walked away from it. Well, when I returned, the purse was gone! At first I thought it was one of the guys messing with me (cuz they liked to do that often... they would take my instrument and hide it on top of all of the lockers or underneath all of the percussion equipment). So, I figured they had taken it and hid it from me. I searched EVERYWHERE for that damn thing, but NEVER found it! I was SO mad, and scared of telling my mom! Yikes!!! Let me tell you, it was a HORRIBLE feeling...

Fortunately I've never had my purse stolen, but I've had my wallet stolen - right out of my desk at work. Thankfully, all they wanted was the cash and then they dumped it in a bin and a good Samaritan called me. Unfortunately, the wallet was ruined by the garbage and the rain. At least they weren't after my identity, and they only got less than $5.00.

i would feel sorry for whoever steals my wallet.. i rarely have much in there because i tend to only carry 1 visa and small cash. all my important stuff tend to be in my bag since i'm always changing wallets.

No necessarily stolen when I was in high school I left my bag at a do it yourself carwash by the vaccums. I got it back the guy who found it ,I didn't know him, brought it to my house and gave it to my dad. That was really nice!!!

Nopes *knock on wood* but I have had my wallet stolen. Oh wait, I take that back, when my house was broken into, some of my purses were stolen.. but they were empty without cc's, id's, etc.

I had my purse stolen in the 3rd grade (yes, I was a purse freak...err... lover even then). I loved this purse. It was back when unicorns were really popular in the 80s. It was a purple nylon clutch with a velcro closure. It had a big pink unicorn on the front. I was SO stylish.
Inside were precious things to me; like my mom's picture, my sister's graduation picture and some lip gloss and I can't remember what else.

I was DEVASTATED! It still makes me sad to think about it.:crybaby:
Now, I'm almost obsessive about keeping my purse close by after my traumatic 3rd grade experience. :P

Unfortunately Yes, someone or sometwo as the police think, broke into our house while my DH and I were out of town. Completely ramsacked our bedroom. So many things were stolen, Jewelry, money and all of my handbags. Even our liquor which I found very odd. I felt so violated. The only good thing that came out of it, was that my DH felt so bad because it was mostly my things that were stolen, he let me start all over with a new handbag collection. So I'm still working on it!

They like to steal liquor most of all...

I wonder if this counts:

Hurricane Charley took every single handbag that I owned out of my closet when the roof blew off the house. There must have been at least 15 bags in there, and I loved all of them. Fortunately, we got an insurance settlement that was much under what they were worth, but I was able to go out on a little spree afterwards, but even though I love the new bags that I bought, I lost some old friends that I had a very long time.

I wonder if this counts:

Hurricane Charley took every single handbag that I owned out of my closet when the roof blew off the house. There must have been at least 15 bags in there, and I loved all of them. Fortunately, we got an insurance settlement that was much under what they were worth, but I was able to go out on a little spree afterwards, but even though I love the new bags that I bought, I lost some old friends that I had a very long time.
:crybaby: thats so sad..im so sorry

My LV makeup pouch (full of my fav makeup and contact lenses) was stolen from my checked-in baggage! When I got to my destintation, the makeup bag ws GONE! I am filing a clain with the airlines, God knows how much they will reimburse me -if any!!!!!!:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :sad: :sad: :cursing: