Ever had a purse STOLEN!?

When I was just out of college, my purse was stolen on payday -- right after I cashed my check. My purse and empty wallet was found in a dumpster behind a nearby store.

Thankfully, no. I would rather them take my money than my purse as I never carry much money. I don't go out at night carrying my purse...instead I just put my CC and my keys in my pocket.

I lost my purse when I was driving cross country from NY to California and we stopped for gas in Memphis. I put my purse down to pump gas and completely forgot about and drove to Graceland and then realized it was gone. I drove so fast to get back there and of course it was gone. I got it back about two weeks later and they took all my cash, postage stamps and birth control pills. It was great to get it back but then I didn't want the purse anymore even though it had been my favorite. The worst part was the two weeks without my license so I couldn't set up a bank account or was getting ID'd at bars so I couldn't get in. I feel for anyone who goes through it.

I have never had a purse or wallet stolen. I don't think I would be as upset about the purse or wallet as I would be about the contents of my wallet (license, credit cards, etc). Replacing that stuff is a pain.
This is going to sound lame, but someone actually stole my pencil case in high school. I had a pencil case I made myself from one of those leather crafting kits. It was sitting on top of my books on my desk. I got up to use the bathroom and it was gone when I came back! All it had in it was pencils! How lame are you if you have to steal pencils?!

when i visited the chanel boutique, the SA in the Houston Galleria was fussing at me for bringing my GST- she said that there is a big problem in that mall for taking designer purses just for the bag and to be very careful! She really scared me!

I have had 2 wallets stolen...that sucks...but what was a real bummer was when I lent a friend my super-rare gold Fendi Baguette, and she left it in a taxi...and instead of the driver reporting it...he kept it!!! Luckily...I found another...but it was very sad for me!!

I had a purse stollen when I was about 10 or 12 years old in an arcade. I think it had about $20, a library card, a house key and one of those portable butane curlers in it. I was devastated for weeks! I guard my purse like crazy now.

Oh, when I was in high school though.. I left my wallet in a restaurant in town during lunch and get this; my dad called to tell me that someone had taken it into his office that same day. He's the chief of police in a neighboring town and I guess the would be thief (a random high school kid) saw his business card in my wallet, matched up the last names and decided they didn't want to mess with the police chief's daughter.

Unfortunately Yes, someone or sometwo as the police think, broke into our house while my DH and I were out of town. Completely ramsacked our bedroom. So many things were stolen, Jewelry, money and all of my handbags. Even our liquor which I found very odd. I felt so violated. The only good thing that came out of it, was that my DH felt so bad because it was mostly my things that were stolen, he let me start all over with a new handbag collection. So I'm still working on it!

My graduation year, my family came to the US and we decided to rent a van for a trip to NYC! We parked at china town to grab some eats and when we came back, we saw a round 4" plus indent on the handle where the keyhole is... Well, our overnight luggage plus my oldest sis's LV porchette and my second sis's Fendi back pack was stolen! We also spend 3 + hours in the Canel street police station filing the incident... not pretty!

Good thing we have traveler's insurance! Passports are with us in my mom's waistpouch... another good thing!