Epic Paris Trip! Reveal?

1. #46 Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    Congrats @lilmonkey! Am so glad for you to be able to get a Birkin till the very end!

lilmonkey likes this.
  2. Happy anniversary! Thanks for sharing the story and the beautiful bag! RC is definitely one of the most beautiful bags and on my wishlist! Not everyone can pull it off but I’m sure you can!

lilmonkey likes this.
  3. What a roller coaster ride @lilmonkey. I laughed, I cried... great story telling. Even my DH was enjouing the ride right along with you. Your bag is just gorgeous. That colur is perfection. :heart:

lilmonkey likes this.
  4. What a story! I’m so glad you got your B. The color is aMAZEing!

lilmonkey likes this.
  5. You're one very determined mommy! :flowers: And what a triumphant reward for your efforts...it's a truly beautiful bag that now has a funny memorable

lilmonkey likes this.
  6. I love your story, and kudos to you, it's tough enough going on a trip alone with a toddler in a foreign country, I don't think I will be able to handle that at all. The B is also absolutely gorgeous and a great heirloom for your DD , you can recount this story to her when she's old enough to relate :biggrin:

lilmonkey likes this.
  7. Congrats, what a memorable story to go with your beautiful Birkin! I was offered my first with DH and my 9 month old, on a weekend car trip to Paris. Nothing as dramatic but I certainly remember the excitement and disbelief well. Wear her in the best of health!:heart:

lilmonkey likes this.
  8. What a GREAT story!!! I am so glad that you scored a bag at the end. I love that you and your DD will have this memory forever (even if she'll probably need you to help with the details of the story!!)...those are the best moments. The bag is the incidental souvenir.

lilmonkey likes this.
  9. such a great story of perseverance! and I wish I could write like you! and such a score!

I have never heard of anyone scoring a B or K at Sevres or George V without connections with a local client, they are proven to prioritize existing local customers (I don't blame them as FSH is full of us tourists), therefore learned not to even visit these stores if searching for these bags...

lilmonkey likes this.
  10. Congrats! I was sweating reading this, I know how tough it is to run errands and appointments with toddlers!

lilmonkey likes this.
  11. #56 Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Thank you everyone for all the lovely messages! It's 7am here and I just want to let you all know that I appreciate the outpour of emotional support from likeminded bag fanatics who understand the madness. :P I still can't believe we got the Birkin and I've been moving the bag to different corners of the hotel room so it remains in sight, LOL! :no:

I'll post some modeling pics when I get the dried jam out of my hair. I have a feeling I will be babying this bag as it is my first colored H and am wondering whether I should grab some twillies before we go home tomorrow! :amuse: I'm so relieved I get to spend my last day in Paris on a calm and happy note. Talk about close and YES... CIGAR! :rolleyes:

DR2014 likes this.
  12. Congrats on a b e a u t i f u l classic Birkin. This is a classic Paris story and I hope people with high hopes on ” scoring” an iconic Hermès bag realize that it is so much up to luck and it can be very difficult to buy the bag of your dreams. I hope you got to enjoy Paris too with your DD, bring back a lot of good memories and a lovely bag. Thank you for sharing your story, it was very dramatic but we all love happy endings

lilmonkey likes this.
  13. Thank you for sharing, I could really feel you. Your bag is amazing, enjoy :heart:

lilmonkey likes this.
  14. Congrats! I am so happy you scored the RC birkin

lilmonkey likes this.
  15. Congratulations!! I love your story!!!

lilmonkey likes this.