Entry level Hermes

The Evelyne PM2 was my "entry bag". I bought it Dec. 6, 2006, and coincidentally enough I got my Kelly on Dec. 6, 2007!

I still love the Evelyne! It's such a great bag for running errands, traveling, or when you need both hands free such as going to a craft show or things like that. It really gave me a good feel of how wonderful H bags are.

Here's a couple threads that might be of interest:

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/ode-to-the-evelyne-102006.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/lets-talk-about-evelynes-66269.html

I would like opinions on what would be a good "entry level" Hermes bag? I have never purchased one before. Thanks for the help!

I agree with others about starting with Evelyn bag either GM or PM.
I got my first Hermes Orange GM Evelyn in 2002, and every year I have added one color to my collection for a total of 5 so far:yes:. Also added 2 Birkins:love:, HerBag, Garden Bag, Clemence Document Bag, in last 2 years. Once I started using Hermes, I am not interested in other bags that I have acquired over the years by other designers.

Best wishes to finding your favorite color!

my first H bag was a herbag, followed by a massai (both acquired only last month). however, if i've had better timing at the time, i'd have loved to get a kelly as my first H bag.

Are there any suggestions for a good entry level H bag that is more structured?

I am thinking of herbag, which I love the design of....do you know of any that are also comparable in price, but perhaps with more leather?

Thank you very much!

I am thinking of herbag, which I love the design of....do you know of any that are also comparable in price, but perhaps with more leather?

Thank you very much!

Welcome to TPF! If you go up to the Reference threads, you will find a lot more info on specific bag styles, leather types and price information as well. In the Clubhouse thread, there are separate threads for each specific type of bag and you can find more info and modeling shots there. Good luck, there's lots to enjoy in the H world!!

Thank you very much!

Welcome to Hermes, herbag is my first Hermes bag. I find it less casual than Evelyn and that suits my dressing style. I love my herbag a lot but it takes a while to get used to the opening and closing mechanism. The other option is the garden party, which is a little more expensive but I heard it is very convenient to use and can be worn both dressy and casual

My first bag was a kelly. I was just so lucky. Then I went on the get Herbag, Jypsierre, Lindy and Birkins. I think you just need to get a bag that you will actually use and matches most with your wardrobe and it will be fine. You can't go wrong with H items. Cheers !

Kelly was my first, but I think the double sens is a great entry level bag- versatile, reasonably priced, and relatively easy to find.

I love the herbag, actually trying to get one for myself. They seem kinda hard to find...

My first H bag was herbag. I love it for the casual look and the strap. However, the canvas gets dirty very easily and the side parts of the leather part gets wrinkled very fast after repeated use. So after I got my kelly, I decided to let the herbag go.

I keep hearing that Hermes leather is more or less the best haha, so I'd like to try one of their "starter" bags. Would you recommend the evelyne 29, or the garden party 30? I would use the bag as a casual everyday bag. Is one better than the other?

• Love
Reactions: RT1