Engagement Rings- What does yours look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*crawls out of study hole*

Wow, such gorgeous rings. I just had to join the bandwagon and post mine.

ring011sm4zu.jpg

ring028ya9jn.jpg

Tiffany & Co round brilliant, 1.30 carat E, vvs2...enough said, it took nearly six years to convince my DF to get this! :P I've decided that when I become an attending, I'm going to purchase myself a Tiffany Legacy (cushion cut with pave diamonds) for my right hand.

Here's mine like I promised and I lost a diamond out of my wedding band today. I don't know what happened to it. I noticed it when I got home from the mall :cry: I'm taking it tomorrow to get it replaced. Luckily there is an extended warranty for lost rocks on it.

b290e0d9.jpg

i got engaged last valentines day, and my finace gave me an engagment ring from Tiffany's.

its specs are:
Color: F
Cut: EX/EX
Clarity: FL
Carat: 3.1

my diamond is GIA certified (of course) and it is a "heart and arrow" diamond. it looks magnificnet when examining it through a microscope, seeing the hearts and arrows on both sides of the diamond. i give alot of credit to the master cutters who made my flawless diamond and gave it its perfect cut.

It is the classic Tiffany setting on a plain platinum band. The diamond sits by it self on a gorgeous 6 prong setting.

im too lazy to take pics and upload right now but if anyone wants to see, let me know and i will..hehe..

Here's mine (soldered together with my wedding band) 2.1 ct. radiant cut center stone. 3 ct. total with bands. Bands have round & baguette cut diamonds.

I love seeing everyone's diamonds.. So pretty!

Attachments

• DSC01396.JPG
    DSC01396.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 5,470
  • DSC01404.JPG
    DSC01404.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 4,600
Reactions: Dynasty and 777babs
gingerB said:
another shout out to pricescope.com --i've been there since i started looking for e-ring inspirations...and now i'm married and still hang around. nice community and very helpful in getting educated about diamonds. anyway, here's my set

346%3A%3B3%3B38%7Ffp342%3Enu%3D3257%3E%3A%3A4%3E57%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3233755%3A%3A4856nu0mrj

it's a custom designed piece...i love it! nice and low set for someone who's in and out of gloves all day (starting residency in a month...eek!)

GingerB, Love your ring, it is very, very chic; very Cartier (Honeymoon setting) Can I have two engagement rings?:roflmfao:

Mine is very boring, standard Tiffany 6 prong, 1.30 carat D/IF. My fiancé was looking at the Cartier Solitaire 4 prong setting until we went casually into Tiffany's one day and I said jokingly that if you are going to buy me a ring, buy me this one. So a month later, so they said, the rest is history...:biggrin:

P.S. He says that I'm a very shrewd/stingy person (a good thing:P ) because a standard 1 D/IF at Cartier costs 20% more than the one at Tiffany's:roflmfao: The 20% markup for an extra C which stands for Cartier (the favorite phrase in the boutique and actually I sort of now get it why the markup :roflmfao:

By the way ladies if your ring needs a good cleaning take a coffe cup and put enough windex in it to cover your jewels (don't put them in yet!) and heat it in the micro for just a bit, say 20 secs. Not hot HOT! Put your ring AFTER you have heated it and let it sit. Overnight is best but for as long as you can. Then take an old toothbrush (soft) and clean the ring. Rinse it carefully and if you happen to have a can of "Canned Air" give it a blast, but be sure to stay back since the canned air is cold. It can fracture a stone. NO pearls or really soft stones should be cleaned this way. Makes em sparkle like crazy!

My ring was made by someone that I found on diamondtalk.com as well :smile: and I'll vouch for pricescope too.

I have a Royal Asscher diamond in a platinum setting with pave diamonds set into the undersides
47b3d624b3127cce9d087fa72f2a00000015109UctG7dpo
47b2cc25b3127cce9d087fbe8e6f00000015109UctG7dpo

Here's the stone (dirty :shame: ) close up
47b3d922b3127cce9d087fa6baf500000026109UctG7dpo

yay i'm not losing it after all. :smile: actually i think yours was the first ascher i'd ever seen...i have been dreaming about a huge ascher in an octet setting ever since. love it.

First One is my Original Engagement Ring my DH got for me a 1 Ct. Solataire in a Channel Setting and a Prong Setting Wedding Band.
After 2 Kids and Being together for 10Yrs. :love: He got me a 2 Ct. Asscher with MicroPave Setting.

Attachments

• CIMG1437.JPG
    CIMG1437.JPG
    168.6 KB · Views: 6,165
  • CIMG1423.JPG
    CIMG1423.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 6,214
  • CIMG1764.JPG
    CIMG1764.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 6,544
Reactions: Dynasty and 777babs
Status