eluxury experiences?

I ordered my first LV from eLux. Even using standard shipping, it was at my door in 4 days. Perfectly packaged and just as wonderful as I wanted it to be!

I've ordered from eluxury since 2005. In the beginning dust bag, LV box and purple ribbon were included. Now only dust bag and LV box.

The customer service is excellent. Upon receipt of your item inspect it thoroughly! Check for scratches on hardware, pen marks, etc...

I do wish eluxury would keep the plastics on the hardware and handles and enforce if plastics are removed no return.

I just received my shipping notification from eLuxury, although I noticed that they're shipping to my billing address and not the shipping address I specified, although I did adjust my purchase and shipping addresses several times before I ordered. (I was being very indecisive)

It's not a big deal, but now my mom will know that I ordered something before the price increase when I told her I wasn't planning on getting anything and was just going to save up for a later purchase! (It was a last minute decision after days of unsuccessful trips to the LV store)

Oh well :shrugs: I guess I'll have to confess before it gets here!

Here is a perfect example.

I had ordered a rift, but realized it was way too small, so I exchanged it for a damier 30.

My rift arrived with plastics along the strap. I did not remove the plastics, I was so gentle with it.

So my damier speedy and my cles arrived today from elux. The damier arrived with cardboards and no plastic. When I get home I am going to have to thoroughly inspect this bag. Some ladies confuse trying on with trying it out on the town. I recall someone here taking their bag to the movies then realizing it wasnt for them so they sent it back. That is unacceptable.

Upon first glance, I notice the LV box is a tiny bit squooshed on one of the edges. First sign to me of a possible return. I'd prefer no cardboards been attached because these look like they were squeezed on. Top right of the pic you see the cardboard that should of been on the zipper tab, but it wasnt.
I have a pic below this one of my Damier 25 from last christmas also sent via elux, no plastic on handles but the cardboards were in perfect untouched condition.

I just get paranoid and now I have to look for signs of wear on this bag. Maybe elux should do what Bloomingdales does, place a sticker of purchase on all items. Yes I know I could always purchase in store, but I shouldnt have to. This is online shopping and its at my convenience and my convenience shouldnt have to suffer. I shop online all the time and from whoever it is, the items are always sealed, in a plastic bag, etc.

The amarente cles though came perfectly. No complaints there. Vernis owners, is that the smell of leather from the cles? Its my first vernis piece and it does smell like leather.

Final comment, which I will contact elux about. I am VIP at elux and I noticed the last three times I ordered, Rift, Chain Key holder, and this last purchase no fedex return label was included. They were previously. When I returned the rift elux said there should of been one and they apologized. When the chain key holder came, i didnt think about it, since it was a 110% a keeper.

damier-1.jpg

^^^ Damier 30 received today - Dust Bag, LV Box, and tag attached to dust bag, havent opened it in the inside yet to see for other tag inside

Below Damier 25 from last christmas.

damier25.jpg

amarantecles.jpg

Amarante cles with Dust bag, LV Box, Wipe Cloth, Care Book and tags.

Actually make that five or six items as I forgot the Cabas Piano tote I sent back because the straps were too short.

The quality issues I had with LV were with the small leather items. With a couple, I had problems with the finishing. I remember one where the monogram was slightly askew. The worst was when I purchased one of their main Monogram wallets, a larger version of one I already have, and it's now lined in plastic. For $495, nope. I found one that worked out much better from Aspinal of London for around $200 including shipping, gift box and duty.

From now on I won't buy LV unless I see it in person. It's worth the tax just to avoid the high shipping costs if I fully insure the item.

What was wrong with the quality, and for which type of LV bag?

i got a speedy 30 for my 19th b-day from e-lux and the experience was great! it came with Lv box and dust bag. I highly recomend them! and it was free shipping and no tax!!!!

Yes. My BH came in a big brown box, dustbag and plastic on the handles.

I've never gotten a used item from elux and I've gotten all my LV except my Croissant MM from them. The only return I made was a Croissant PM, which I literally took out of the box, looked at and repacked for return sendoff. I do notice, like someone else pointed out in another thread, that there are quite a few posters who order more than one bag and send what they don't want back. Hopefully, they are *seeing* that the bag won't work for them and not using elux as Bag, Borrow Or Steal.

Up until this past year, my purchases from eluxury were perfect. I have noticed that within this past year, I have had to return items for quality problems and once suspecting the item may have been used. the quality issues though are not really eluxury's fault but LV's quality control! Also there have been some very recent problems with customers having to wait and some having difficulty getting refunds/credits on returned items. This is very recent, just be sure to send back with tracking and fully insured if you should have to ever return something back to them. Post a photo when you item from Eluxury arrives, we are dying to see!

I have purchased one bag mono from eluxury so far. It was a great experience for me. It came with plastic wrapped handles, all the hardware was wrapped in paper or plastic (can't remember) with the cardboard around the leather, by the hardware. Bag placed inside of dustbag and LV box with I think purple ribbon wrapped around box. This leads me to my question. I just received my ebonne damier saleya pm from LV.com today. I don't know why but I decided to order from them instead. Wish I didn't! The handles of the bag were not wrapped in plastic, and there was no cardboard around the sides by the hardware. To my horror the brass on two of the handles have small scratches on them! What am I to do? I feel I paid a lot of $$ for this bag and it should be brand spanking new with plastic attatched no scratches etc..! Am I asking too much here? Any advice? Thanks!

I got a bag from elux and it was way too small for me. I called them to let them know that I would like to exchange it for something else. And they were super duper nice! My bag came with the dustcover and a box and my cles came with the dustcover and a box. But no LV bag, I think you only get those if you go to the actual store.