Eggplant City!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to you all for CHIMP-BOY. I was informed about your website by some of your users. Apparently there is both some discussion into the bag's authenticity and some more personal comments about me as a seller.

I don't really care if you think this bag is real or not. i suggest not bidding then finding the name of the winner and looking at the feedback they give me when they receive what I’m informed by the owner is a classic bag for a fraction if the retail cost!

As for not trusting me as a seller simply look at my feedback. I don't sell fake goods i describe items to the best of my ability and have offered over 150 people a great service.

I have people cancelling bids / lying to me / offering me fake goods / offering to meet me with cash and all sorts of rubbish over this bag. Who are you people kidding. Your loss is some other genuine person's gain.

Thanks to the people who have contacted me about this website and given me to opportunity to defend my self and thanks to the genuine bidders on my auction.

To the people who have taken offence to my openness and attempts to answer all of their questions no matter how repetitive. Have a word with your self your attitude will cause you all sorts of problems in life!

CHIMP
:shrugs:
I am not sure what sort of rubbish you are referring to, but is it really so hard to understand why some would be questioning what is going on when the bids went up to $1600 and then back down to $1200? And as this is a forum where people come to discuss opinions, anything said here, is just that, opinions not fact. And when I stated above that I was scared to put a bid in, that had nothing to do with this forum or the discussion here but was because of the funny things going on with the bidding. You answered my questions promptly and I thanked you on ebay and I will thank you again here. It was a little strange to be told that approx 10 tassles came with the bag in one response and then in the other you said no extra tassles came with the bag, but that too wasn't enough to scare me away from bidding on the bag. I also wonder why you would be worried at all about what is said here, if you have your good standing at ebay to back you up, along with your feedbacks, and your authentic merchandise. I also find it childish in the extreme that someone would you write you about this, when it is as I said a handful of peoples opinion nothing more, and should have no bearing what so ever on your auction. Which by the way, I wish you nothing but the best of luck with.

:shrugs:
I am not sure what sort of rubbish you are referring to, but is it really so hard to understand why some would be questioning what is going on when the bids went up to $1600 and then back down to $1200? And as this is a forum where people come to discuss opinions, anything said here, is just that, opinions not fact. And when I stated above that I was scared to put a bid in, that had nothing to do with this forum or the discussion here but was because of the funny things going on with the bidding. You answered my questions promptly and I thanked you on ebay and I will thank you again here. It was a little strange to be told that approx 10 tassles came with the bag in one response and then in the other you said no extra tassles came with the bag, but that too wasn't enough to scare me away from bidding on the bag. I also wonder why you would be worried at all about what is said here, if you have your good standing at ebay to back you up, along with your feedbacks, and your authentic merchandise. I also find it childish in the extreme that someone would you write you about this, when it is as I said a handful of peoples opinion nothing more, and should have no bearing what so ever on your auction. Which by the way, I wish you nothing but the best of luck with.

Very well said Deana, golden words!

Very interesting........only 5 hours left.:popcorn:

The bag looks to be authentic and the seller's feedback is good....if I wanted it, I think I would bid. Good luck Deana and all the rest bidding.:yes:

I don't really care if you think this bag is real or not. i suggest not bidding then finding the name of the winner and looking at the feedback they give me when they receive what I’m informed by the owner is a classic bag for a fraction if the retail cost!

Hey ChimpBoy, I actually haven't been interested in bidding on this bag, but I think you need to know a couple of things about your selling tactics. There has been very little discussion over the authenticity of the bag -- we're all pretty much in aggrement that this most likely is a very nice, genuine Balenciaga. I say "most likely" because in an eBay auction that's the best we can say until we have the object in our hands.

However, there has been some discussion on the selling tactics you resort to -- primarily the "A list celebrity" mystique. I've heard this pitch from salesmen before, and it definitely turned me off from bidding this time (I was looking for an Ink City at the time). And in case you are offended by this and would respond that I'm just being suspicious and jealous (or something like that), I'll offer you another one: In your PF posting you say that we will realize the error of our ways when we see that some other girl has bought this fabulous bag at "a fraction of the retail cost." I propose that this is just another salesman's line, and I say that because 630 GBP is $1,238 USD. City bags retail for $1,195. So even if the auction stopped right now, the winner potentially ALREADY be paying above retail. And we all know that most likely the winning bid will be higher than what is listed now, so please don't pretend that the winner is going to get some fabulous financial bargain buying this bag. The winner will most likely be paying FAR OVER RETAIL, but will be buying a bag she wants, and that's the trade-off.

And if you think I have something against salesmen, I don't. I've worked with tons of them, many of them with excellent skills in generating genuine interest over whatever it is that they were selling. But some of them -- the salesmen with poorer skills -- weren't so impressive. And it was from them that I heard "a famous celebrity used this, but of course I can't disclose who it is" and "if you pass on this now you'll be kicking yourself because someone else will get this great deal."

I know that what you're doing is simply trying to move the final price from $1,300 to something more like $1,800, and that's your job, so I hope it works for you. But please understand that some of us prefer to buy from people we trust and if we're asked on a discussion board "should I trust this seller?" and we see reasons why we wouldn't trust the seller, we're going to say so.

Hey ChimpBoy, I actually haven't been interested in bidding on this bag, but I think you need to know a couple of things about your selling tactics. There has been very little discussion over the authenticity of the bag -- we're all pretty much in aggrement that this most likely is a very nice, genuine Balenciaga. I say "most likely" because in an eBay auction that's the best we can say until we have the object in our hands.

However, there has been some discussion on the selling tactics you resort to -- primarily the "A list celebrity" mystique. I've heard this pitch from salesmen before, and it definitely turned me off from bidding this time (I was looking for an Ink City at the time). And in case you are offended by this and would respond that I'm just being suspicious and jealous (or something like that), I'll offer you another one: In your PF posting you say that we will realize the error of our ways when we see that some other girl has bought this fabulous bag at "a fraction of the retail cost." I propose that this is just another salesman's line, and I say that because 630 GBP is $1,238 USD. City bags retail for $1,195. So even if the auction stopped right now, the winner potentially ALREADY be paying above retail. And we all know that most likely the winning bid will be higher than what is listed now, so please don't pretend that the winner is going to get some fabulous financial bargain buying this bag. The winner will most likely be paying FAR OVER RETAIL, but will be buying a bag she wants, and that's the trade-off.

And if you think I have something against salesmen, I don't. I've worked with tons of them, many of them with excellent skills in generating genuine interest over whatever it is that they were selling. But some of them -- the salesmen with poorer skills -- weren't so impressive. And it was from them that I heard "a famous celebrity used this, but of course I can't disclose who it is" and "if you pass on this now you'll be kicking yourself because someone else will get this great deal."

I know that what you're doing is simply trying to move the final price from $1,300 to something more like $1,800, and that's your job, so I hope it works for you. But please understand that some of us prefer to buy from people we trust and if we're asked on a discussion board "should I trust this seller?" and we see reasons why we wouldn't trust the seller, we're going to say so.

Well and fairly put High Gloss! I could not agree more.

Handbags: Deals and Steals

Am I wrong in thinking it's authentic? Thought it looked good and Greendrv has it listed on her site as well.:shrugs:
Not necessarily wrong. I just couldn't tell either way for sure and wondering how you and Greendrv could tell. It could be real just from those pictures, but no pics of serial tags/hologram/auth card and with poor lighting. Someone asked about the bag on the fendi authenticate thread, and I said it could be real but none of the pics we need for authentication is included in the listing. Then someone took my exact statement and put it in an inquiry to the seller, and now you can see it in the Q&A of the listing!! Hilarious!!

Could be authentic, but I wish the seller would take more seriously the concerns of buyers and prove authenticity. He added more pics of the bag, but still not the hologram/serial tag. Is that too much to ask? :shrugs:

Since the other girls pretty much said it all, I only have a couple of comments. I think it's silly to send sellers links to threads here. I think chimp has been evasive and vague with every single question asked, and I have asked several. He refuses to send extra pictures or closeup pictures, at least he refused me. I think the bag is authentic. I think the seller is not one of Ebay's finest, that's for sure. His feedback is good, but he doesn't have all that much feedback compared to many on Ebay and it's not for selling high end items like he is selling now, mostly for sneakers.:P
Plus I think Chimpy came here and acted like a jerk. He could have said it nicely, but he chose to be snippy. :rolleyes:

Wow, he (chimpboy) seems very volatile...:P . And this is totally irrelevant I suppose, but that fake seller [email protected]... actually wrote me again. What a scam artist. :cursing:

yup, was pretty surprised by the tone of his post...and how is it possible that the scammer found out who you are? esp now with the bidder 1,2,3...? I believe only the seller can see the bidders' actual ebay id? hmmm.....

It sucks that such a unresponsive seller has such nice things for sale, it's like when you go into a boutique and they have all these cute things you would like to buy but the S.A's are rude, that it makes you not want to buy anything!!!

Since the other girls pretty much said it all, I only have a couple of comments. I think it's silly to send sellers links to threads here. I think chimp has been evasive and vague with every single question asked, and I have asked several. He refuses to send extra pictures or closeup pictures, at least he refused me. I think the bag is authentic. I think the seller is not one of Ebay's finest, that's for sure. His feedback is good, but he doesn't have all that much feedback compared to many on Ebay and it's not for selling high end items like he is selling now, mostly for sneakers.:P
Plus I think Chimpy came here and acted like a jerk. He could have said it nicely, but he chose to be snippy. :rolleyes:
:yes:
Couldn't have said it better myself!
:true:

yup, was pretty surprised by the tone of his post...and how is it possible that the scammer found out who you are? esp now with the bidder 1,2,3...? I believe only the seller can see the bidders' actual ebay id? hmmm.....

I wondered the same thing but decided not to say it. With bidders ID's hidden, how could that happen? Unless it was from the seller?

Once a phisher gets your password, they can see what you're bidding on, get your personal email address, and even personal info. Anyway, Good Luck to Chimp Boy on his sale and to whoever the lucky winner will be. I love that Butterscotch Spy also! I was desperately looking for one before but I've purchased too many bags this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.