ebay's higher FVF/Lower insertion fees...discuss

empress, I suspect that you work for eBay.
While you have sustantial savings as a powerseller, do not tell us that the added cost to us is nothing. I normally wait for the 10-cent of 20-cent promotions to list my few items that I want to dispose. Thus, the new fee structure does not mean any savings to me, but rather a BIG increase, disguised as eBay listens to us poor private and infrequent sellers
I am already very upset that eBay increased the FVF from 3% to 3.5% and insertion fees in a similar way, not to mention the increase in Paypal fees. This time, by disquising an increase (in fine prints) as big savings is somewhat sneaking and slick to me. This kind of false advertisement is what aggravates me.

By the way, do you guys/ladies notice that the reserve price will NOT be refunded even if there is a sale? EBay skillfully hides this information. Trickiy, tricky.

empress, I suspect that you work for eBay.

seriously? LOL.
WHY would you "suspect" that I work for eBay? Because I will personally benefit from the fee changes and I am trying to illustrate that the fee changes aren't as bad as they seem? You'd have to be delusional to think eBay would care enough to have their employees post on tPF. The accusations are truly unbelievable and highly laughable!

I don't understand how you'd benefit, that as a PowerSeller you obviously have numerous and/or high value listings, and I'm going out on a limb to assume that you have more completed listings than fail-sales.

I would imagine it only benefits those who SUCK at selling.

ebay-what a load of RUBBISH!!! Do they not realize what they are doing?? HELLLOOOO out there....the point is to lower the fees, all of the fees to bring back business. DUH!

I don't understand how you'd benefit, that as a PowerSeller you obviously have numerous and/or high value listings, and I'm going out on a limb to assume that you have more completed listings than fail-sales.

I would imagine it only benefits those who SUCK at selling.

you're right, i really SUCK at selling. i average about 40-80k in sales per month, sometimes more. i already did the math earlier in the thread showing that a powerseller that receives the 15% FVF credit (or even 5% FVF credit) is now paying LESS than at the previous fee structure.

^^^ wich means that in fact you have more completed sales, but you are a powerseller so I don't even know why you are here trying to make us think Ebay is doing us a favor when in reality YOU are one of a few that will benefit from it. So I pay higher sellers fee for you powersellers can keep bringing money to Ebay for lower fees. I think Powersellers should be charge more, they making a living on Ebay for so little fee and sometimes not even reporting sales at the state.

Well let's just hope that you and others who make 40k-80k a month pay enough in fees to keep eBay running because I could see a lot of small time sellers leaving. Even over things like an extra dollar a listing.

The whole "new" (aka crap) feedback system just adds to the mess.

Honestly, with these new ebay fees & rules...I don't make 40 or 80 k a month on ebay, but I will continue to sell on ebay despite the wack feedback system thats starting soon..and the fees. Ebay is the ONLY place where I can find my customers. No where else.

lol I just listed my first ever item last week. Between the new fees and all the horror stories of scammers etc, I'm a bit intimidated by ebay.

It was definitely a bit shady for them to trumpet reduced fees etc, while not mentioning added %s. Maybe if they phrased it just as restructuring etc? I mean if they phrased it neutrally instead of them doing everyone a big favor. I'll save my (negative) thoughts on the feedback system for the other thread.

I don't think empress has bad intentions, rather she just wanted to correct earlier misconceptions~math, and to say their new fees do benefit powersellers (but then again maybe I didn't read the thread thoroughly enough) =)

seriously? LOL.
WHY would you "suspect" that I work for eBay? Because I will personally benefit from the fee changes and I am trying to illustrate that the fee changes aren't as bad as they seem? You'd have to be delusional to think eBay would care enough to have their employees post on tPF. The accusations are truly unbelievable and highly laughable!

True - but eBay employees are more than welcome to post on their own free time...:shrugs:
It just sounds a little bit business-like IMO. But that's just me. I'm not even a Mom and Pop store - I'm just a seller that basically sells from my own personal "stuff". You're very lucky that you're pulling in almost 6 figures a month.